Categories > TV > Criminal Minds > Failure and Success

Chapter 5

by Nuada 2 reviews

The conclusion.

Category: Criminal Minds - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-05-10 - Updated: 2011-05-10 - 404 words - Complete

1Ambiance
It was morning. Spencer knew this from the annoying birds that were chirping outside his window. Spencer had prided himself on being an early riser but that wasn't the case on this particular morning.

Morgan came into the room carrying a tray of coffee, Reid smiled, he'd never wanted a cup of coffee so badly. "Thanks."

Morgan saw the thunder clouds in Spencer's eyes. "Uh-oh. What's the matter kid?"

Reid bit his lower lip. "I'm just thinking. What happens now?"

Morgan smiled. "Easy, we take this one step at a time. I love you and I think that you're amazing. I could wake up to you every morning for the rest of my life. Can you be there too?"

Spencer licked his lips. He knew what Derek was asking, what he wanted him to commit to, and now everything that Morgan had done over the last year or so made sense. "I can. I will."

Derek leaned over and kissed Spencer gently on his mouth. Reid opened his mouth and deepened the kiss. Spencer wanted as close to Derek as he could. He knew that they would have to keep their relationship a secret but that didn't mean that he couldn't be as close as he wanted when they were alone together.

Derek moved some lose strands of hair out of Spencer's face. "I love you and I want the whole world to know it."

Reid shook his head. "Not worth the risk. It isn't only that, you know that Hotch, J.J., Rossi, Emily and Garcia will all figure it out. It's unlikely that they will say anything but they will know."

Derek nodded. "I know." He put the tray that he was still holding on the nightstand and laid beside Reid. Spencer snuggled against the other man's chest. He loved the feeling of the older man's against his own. It was warm and inviting, they laid together in a comfortable silence.

Then the phone rang, Spencer looked at his watch. "We're late."

Derek laughed. "Don't look so pale. It'll be okay. I'll answer, say that I was having car trouble and you came to pick me up. That'll cover us."

As Derek answered the phone, Spencer began pulling on his clothes. He just hoped that no one would notice that he hadn't changed his clothes. He doubted that they would and finally decided that if they did, he didn't care.

The end
Sign up to rate and review this story