Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Blood, Blood

To the End

by Fatalfashionista 0 reviews

Basically from here to the end! Tell what you think after!!!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Horror,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2011-05-11 - Updated: 2011-05-11 - 8103 words - Complete

0Unrated
I started backing out, Maddie following me, but then I watched what was actually happening in the room. The man was dripping blood from his face, again. Another vampire? This wasn't good. She was screaming, and he was leaning over her, getting closer, and closer. I couldn't do anything. I was frozen in place.
Then the woman saw me, “Help! Help!” she screamed. The vampire turned toward me. I saw he had long black hair, a nicely built chest, and the brightest red eyes I had ever seen. He came toward me. His mouth was dripping with blood, and he was beautiful and scary. I also noticed he was not as young as the four vampires I had seen in the haunted house....whenever or wherever we were....as the vampire started at me to kill me. I walked into the hallway. Then he saw Maddie.
“Two birds with one stone.” He chuckled. “Dinner and desert.”
We both gulped. Back into the wall we were herded. Then there was a crashing noise, and the four vampires that we saw before came rushing in. Maddie and I screamed. She fainted. I almost did. Was about to close my eyes and get ready for the attack, but then I saw something amazing. The vampire Gerard tackled the older vampire. He staggered back and the vampire Ray jumped up and staked the older vampire's heart. Then Ray started walking toward me. I saw the older vampire turn into dust before my eyes. I tried to scream, to call out to Maddie, but nothing came out. I saw Frank pick up Maddie and cradle her in his arms as he ran out of the hallway. Then both Gerard and Ray we coming up to me. They were talking to me, but I had no idea what they were saying. They got closer and I was frozen. Why weren't they trying to kill me? Ray almost touched me, and I jerked back. My head hit the wall hard. I heard Gerard exclaim something, but my head was so fuzzy, I blacked out.
I woke up on a hard, dusty floor. I was sitting upright, and some light, but not from the sun, was coming out. My eyes were so bleary that I could barely see anything. Then I saw a face in front of mine. It looked kind of like Gerard's, but I couldn't tell. I heard talking, and as I woke up more, I saw Gerard and Frank talking.
“Is she awake?” asked Frank.
“I just checked, she could be, but I do not know what happened to her head.”
“How did she hurt it?”
“She hit it on the wall.”
“That could cause serious damage. We could have broken a law.”
“She seems to be okay. She is waking up, look.” Gerard had turned to me. He walked over and knelt down. He looked like he was dressed Victorian-style also. He stared into my eyes. I stared into his. He had hazel eyes. I had expected red ones.
“You're eyes are hazel.” I said stupidly.
“Why, yes, they are.” Gerard looked a little taken back with the comment.
“I thought they were red. They were the first time I saw you.”
He laughed, “I do believe the first time you saw me, you fainted.”
“No, in the haunted house. You attacked all those people. You drank my date.”
“I drank your date? Do you mean a calendar date?”
“No, no, I mean, the boy I was going out with?”
“Alright...” He seemed unsure what I was talking about. “Ma'am, I assure you, I did not drink anyone's blood. It is against the law.”
“What law?” I asked, dubious.
“Thou shall never kill a human, or cause an harm to one.”
“Don't you have to drink blood to live?”
“Yes...we either drink from donated blood from hospitals, or animals, if we are desperate.”
“Who is your friend?” Asked Frank.
“Oh, that's Maddie.” Then I paused. “Where is Maddie? Is she okay? What did you do to her?”
Both of them laughed. “Yes, Maddie is okay.” They had a hard time pronouncing her name. “She is in the room across here.” I jumped up, felt dizzy, but ran out of the room, avoiding the arms trying to hold me back. I saw her in the room, in her dress still, I was still in my costume, and sleeping with a half-smile on her face. I walked up her and knelt beside her. I leaned in close to her ears whispered, “Look alive, sunshine.” Then shook her until she woke up. She glared at me.
“I was having a very good dream, thank you.” She mock scorned me.
“Yeah, but where are we?”
“You think I know?”
“Naw.” We both laughed. We were just relieved to be together and alive. Ray, Gerard and Frank all came I and watched perplexed and amused. Maddie turned to them, got the lightbulb look, and looked at me. I knew she just realized something and needed to tell me alone.
“Gentlemen,” she smiled politely at them, “My friend and I need to have a private talk.”
Gerard and Frank both smiled and said, “Of course.” and all walked out. When they were gone, Maddie grabbed my shoulders.
“We are in the late 1800s!!!” She yelled.
“What? I said confused. I thought were were in the Victorian era.”
She sighed, “If it isn't past the 1900's it's Victorian to you.”
I smiled. “Well, you are the one who studied this time era.”
She gave a little laugh and leaned back. “It's like I'm in a dream.” she sighed. “And that Frank is soooo dreamy.”
“He's a vampire.” I warned her.
“He's hot, and I know you like one of them.”
“Did I mention, not too long ago, well, in our time-line, Frank was trying to KILL US!?!”
She shuddered, “Yes, but, he would have drank us, if he was going to.”
“I don't know, maybe they are full and are saving us for dessert.”
She laughed, and I sighed. “Okay, okay, so Gerard told me that they don't drink human blood, because it's against, 'the law'” I made air quotes around that, “But I don't know if it's just an act. I mean, it's hard to believe him after seeing him kill Jake...” I waited to cry, for emotions to bowl over, nothing. I didn't have the slightest regret that Gerard killed Jake. I sat, horrified at myself. But I didn't really know him, I guess, I just couldn't regret about someone I didn't know.
“So, none of the guys have caught your eye? They are all amazingly hot, and yet...”
“No, my tastes just aren't like that, and if you like Frank, fine, but don't bank on it. I...” But then the door to the room opened, and there appeared the vampire Mikey. I squeezed a little back into the door. He gave me shudders. The problem was. I didn't know whether I shuddered in fear, or...something else. He blushed a little as he walked in, I guess he couldn't blush all the way, since there wasn't much blood in his cheeks.
“Excuse me,” He said, his voice sounded so sweet. He looked at me his eyes never left the whole time. Mine didn't either. “Have you seen where the others are?”
“No...” I was a little star-struck, but I knew how to talk coherently. “We just woke up, you see, and we asked for a little privacy.”
“Oh,” He blushed again, “I'm so sorry.” and left. As soon as our gaze broke I felt a rush of disappointment and relief come over me. I had NEVER felt that way before.
“You....found someone you like?” Maddie asked, a little confused from my reaction. As I said, I have never felt like that before, and usually my emotions showed all too well.
“I have no idea.” I said, looked at her with wide eyes. “I think we should go look for a way home, now.”
She nodded, “Yes, but first we have to thank our heroes, okay?” I was just glad her head was out of the clouds. We knew we had to go home, because we didn't belong here. And we knew we couldn't fall in love, because we had no chance with a vampire. We both got up and walked out the door. That's where we realized that we were in some kind of cave. We looked around, and there were wood doors, but the whole wall and ceiling were made of stone. Vampire headquarters, perhaps? We walked down the hall, into we reached some kind of living room. There were chairs, couches, and a whole wall full of books. There was also an old oven and an old ice box. Aww, and old-timey kitchen\living room. Then I realized it wasn't old to them. They were all sitting on either a couch or chair and an older man, who must have been a vampire also, was talking to them. He stopped and they all looked up when we came in. The four younger ones smiled, while the new older one gave us a dubious look.
“Hello, girls.” he said.
“Hello, sir.” smiled back Maddie, who could be friends with anyone, with her attitude.
“Do you need anything?”
“Nothing much, we just came to say thank you to our heroes, and say we'll get out of your hair now.” I said. Maddie nudged my arm and shook her head. I realized all the vampires were looking at us confused.
“She means,” Maddie translated, “That we came to say thank-you and we will be on our way now.”
“Well, you both are welcome.” The older one said, “although I would like to speak to your...friend,” at this he stared at me cautiously. “before you both go.”
“That will be just fine.” said Maddie politely, but she was looking at Frank, who was grinning at her. She was blushing so bad.
“Please Miss...” the older one started, waiting for my name.
“Uhh, Elaine.” I answered
He smiled, “Miss Elaine, please, have a seat. I realized that the only seat available was next to Mikey, who I was trying to avoid looking at, for fear that new emotion would arise again. I reluctantly sat next to him, avoiding his gaze, which I knew was on me.
“Now, Miss Elaine, you are not from here, are you?”
I paled, we were so close without involving vampires in our predicament.
“Well, sir, it would depend on what you mean by 'here'. You see, I don't even know where we are.”
He nodded, “We are in the woods not far from Boston.”
I looked at him shocked. Boston? I live in Boston, well, the 2009 Boston, I guess we were in the late 1800's Boston. “Well, sir, I sorta am, but not really.” He looked confused. I tried again, “I came from here, but I'm not in the same place I was.” He still looked confused. I looked desperately at Maddie. She looked confused also, realized what I was trying to do, then rolled her eyes and nodded. That meant, “Tell the truth.”
“I'm sorry, sir, what I mean is, I'm from the future, both Maddie and I are.”
“Well, that would explain your...garments...” He said. “Both of your garments.” He continued, looking at both of us. I realized the boys were all staring at us as if we were aliens, and Maddie looked hurt. The older one could tell what she was thinking, because he snapped, “You, miss, would not go out in public without gloved hands and a hat.” Maddie smacked herself in the head and and whispered,
“So close.” Frank grinned widely again.
“Well, girls, what do you think you will do about this?”
“We actually don't know, but we are college students, so we should figure it out.” I said, proudly.
“Have you ever experienced anything like this before?”
“Well, no,” I confessed, “But I have some ideas already.”
“Well, so do I, as I was telling the boys here.”
“Oh?” I cocked an eyebrow, Maddie also looked curious, but she was too busy staring at Frank again. I glanced over at Mikey, which was a bad mistake. He was also staring at me, and I blushed and looked away before I could feel that weird emotion again. I did notice he had deep brown eyes, just like me. I shook my head a little to snap myself out of it.
“Yes,” the older one continued, “You see, the Vladimirs, the drinkers of people, had noticed your appearance. We thought after we had killed the one about to kill you, you were safe, but apparently, they also know about time travel. I think they know why and how you got here, and they are not happy about it. I am afraid they will send someone to collect you after nightfall, if you are out alone.”
“So, they would know they way to get us back to our time?” I asked.
“Yes.” The older one said.
“Then, shouldn't we go and ask them?”
All of the vampires laughed. I blushed. “If only it were that easy for any of us. The problem is, our way of living is different then theirs. If you have not noticed.”
I looked at him confused, then I remember how they dusted that other vampire in the mansion.
The older one saw my look and nodded. “Yes, we do not drink human blood if it kills the human. We store blood from hospitals.” He indicated toward the icebox. I realized now it probably had blood bags stuffed in it. I shivered. Maddie wrinkled her nose. “The Vladimirs, however, kill humans with zest. Our ancestors believed this a barbaric act, so they decided to find other means, such as drinking animals, but when the hospitals decided to gather donated blood, we found another, healthier way of surviving.”
“Animal blood is bad for you?”
“Is not having cake and cookies every day bad for you humans?”
“Yes.”
“Then you see my point. Also, the Vladimirs are sworn enemies of us and will try to destroy us every time they see us, so there is not a way we could get the information from you. Also, they would kill you in an instant if you approached them, which is also out of the question.”
Maddie and I looked at each other horrified. How would we get home?
“Well, how do you think we will get home, then?” I asked.
“I am not sure, but the first thing I would suggest is visiting the mansion in which you were found and seeing if the way in is also the way out.”
I nodded, knowing it probably wouldn't work, since we sort of tried when backed against the wall when the Vladimir was after us. “What after that?”
“Well, I think that one of the Vladimirs will come to capture you tonight, so if we capture him instead, we can question him in what he knows, and go from there.”
Wow, first day here, and we were already assigned as bait. I looked at Maddie, whose face was pale. She didn't do well around danger. I had lived in LA before, so I wasn't as scared. “Well, we will go now to the mansion, and look around.”
The older one, I had to ask his name soon, shook his head. “May I remind you the mayor lives there and would not be happy to give a tour to two young girls. No, you will have to do it tonight, and we will have to get you some respectable clothes before you go out. Your friend...Miss...”
“Madison”
“Miss Madison may go out, with an extra pair of gloves and a hat we had lying around here, when a vampire girl was in our midst. You, Miss Elaine, though, must stay here. I will go with Miss Madison to get you some clothes.”
I blushed and Maddie came over to give me a hug. I stood up and hugged her back. I knew she really wanted to get out and tour the city. It would give her an awesome exam paper in the end also, if we ever got back. I reproached myself for thinking such thoughts. I knew better then to be so pessimistic. But one thing I knew was I really didn't want to be left alone with the four young and hot looking vampires. Maddie knew this and raised her eyebrows. I sighed and rolled my eyes. That's our sign for Maddie saying, “I have dibs on Frank.” and I rolling my eyes saying, “No worries.” She smirked, and left with the older one. I looked over around nervously at the other guys. They were all getting up off the chairs and couches. I watched as Frank got up and walked to the freezer, Ray and Gerard went back into the rooms, and Mikey got up and walked toward me. At first, our gaze wasn't connected, but he looked up and suddenly all I could see was him. I couldn't breath, not barely, at least. I felt myself blush deep red. Mikey smiled a little at that. Then he was at my side. I looked down a little, and a little bit of sanity came so at least I knew I could be coherent if he talked to me. He stood there for a couple seconds, but it seemed like hours. I waited for him to talk, and finally he did.
“Do you want me to show you around?”
I looked up, he was staring at me, curious, but cautious. “Alright.” I said, and gave a small smile. I stomach was doing 360s and my legs were like noodles, but he took my hand we started walking. His hand was very cold. From bad blood circulation, I assumed. He showed me each of their rooms, the outside tunnels, and the ones that led to the underground.
“Not much, you see.” He said as were walking back into the living room.
“It's nice.” I smiled. He smiled back at me, hoping to be more pleasing. I sat down on one of the chairs, and he sat across from me. He looked at me cautiously.
“Will you tell me, what it was like, before you came here? What were you doing?”
I laughed a little. “You wouldn't believe me if I told you how I got to the mansion and how I got here.”
“Please? Tell me?” He looked at me with innocent eyes, but I really didn't want to tell him he was the reason we were backed up into the wall that sent us back here.
“Well, I went to a frat house, I'm sorry, a fraternity house that was hosted as a haunted house.”
He looked confused. “The house was haunted?”
“No, but they decorated it and set traps to make it look like it was haunted.”
“Why did you go there, then?”
“For fun.” I answered. Though that was not the full truth.
“I do not see why you would go for fun, but I understand that can be a new thing.”
I nodded. He smiled, “So did the house send you here?”
“No, a wall did, sorta. It...well...it turned intangible and we fell through.”
“Why were you leaning against the wall?”
“We were...uh...” my heartbeat quickened. I couldn't tell him the real reason, so I made it up. “just resting after all the scares.”
“That's not the truth.” Mikey said teasing scorn. I blushed really hard. “I can tell because when someone is not telling the truth, their heartbeat quickens, and since you are not scared of me, then there is no other reason.”
“Well, actually, you can't tell if I was scared of you or not, can you?”
“Well, you fainted before you saw me, and Gerard and Frank had both been there, so I assumed they told you about us before you saw me.”
“What if I saw you before I fainted?”
“That wouldn't be possible, unless....” He paused and stared at me. I could tell he figured it out. “You saw me in the future?”
“Yes.” I said. Looking down at my feet.
“What was I like?”
“I shouldn't tell you.” I whispered.
“Why not?” he sounded scared himself.
“I...I have to go...get some fresh air.” I said, running out of the room and into the sun. I knew he couldn't follow me, so I was okay. The porch had a little shade, but I went out and I saw we were in a forest, and this really was an entrance to a cave, it was just too decorated to tell without really looking. I backed up against a tree and sat down and cried. I didn't just cry because I couldn't tell Mikey, but also because of all the stress time travel can put on you. I sat there for what seemed like hours. I walked inside just as the sun was setting, knowing that Mikey would come out to me, if I didn't come in soon. So I came in, and there was Gerard and Frank on the couch, talking. They both looked up at me, and Frank smiled. Gerard did too, but both looked worried immediately at my red eyes.
“Are you feeling alright?” Gerard got up, and started walking toward me.
“Yes.” I said, trying to smile. “I think I could use some rest, though.
“Ray and I are sharing a room, so that you and Maddie can sleep together. How does that sound?”
“That sounds great.” I sighed with relief.
“Good.” He smiled as he led me into the room. There were two small beds, right beside each other. I chose one and sat on it. Gerard looked at me, smiled and asked, “Is there anything you need?”
“No thank-you.” I answered, my eyelids already drooping. “I'm good.”
He walked out and I fell right asleep.
“Wake up, sunshine.”
I blinked, there was Maddie, looking at me with huge bright eyes. I smiled. “Hey there.”
“Guess who got you the cutest clothes?”
I looked at her confused. “Clothes?”
“Your dress, so you can go out in public?” She looked at me worried.
“Oh.” I said. I was disappointed. So it wasn't all a dream. I was here in this cave. We were about to become bait, and I wasn't going to go on an awesome date with Jake. I sighed. So much for that hope. I tried to smile and got up. “Okay, let's make me a doll.”
Maddie grinned and went over to the corner where there were two boxes. She picked them up. “One with the dress, and one with hat and gloves! She grinned. “The dress is long enough your shoes will be fine. She looked down at my dressy combat boots. I always wore combat boots, so that, even at a party, I could still do dirty work if I had to. I got me dress, and I had to admit, I didn't look that bad, though the trills with frills was not my forte. I walked out with Maddie, and the older vampire smiled at us.
“Perfect.” He smiled. “Now, do you really think that going back into the mansion will help with finding your way home?”
I shook my head. “Not really. We kind of tried when backed against the wall again, fearing for our life.”
The vampire nodded. “I assumed as much. Well, then, we go to my other plan. Tonight, you two will be walking around the woods and the outside of town. You will probably be ambushed by one of the Vladimirs quickly. Then all four of the boys will capture him, and we all will go back to the cave. Does that sound good?”
“Yeah, sure.” I sighed. At least we only had one thing to worry about tonight. We walked into the forest for a while, just me and Maddie. We barely talked, knowing the boys were following us and we didn't have much to say, being worried. Then we both heard rustling around us. Not just one, but many. Suddenly, five vampires jumped out at us. We backed up against each other. The boys were not showing up at all, then we saw them, they were all being held by four more Vladimirs. We ran, but with the dresses, even being on the track team did not help our situation. We fell, and the vampires gained, grabbed us, and injected some green chemical into us. I blacked out.
We woke up again, tied to chairs, side to side, in a large, cement room. It was nicely furnished. There was a desk in it and bookshelves. There were trinkets from what looked like the stone ages. There were texts that seemed to be written in a dead language. I marveled at it. The rug must have been some antique also. I gazed at the whole room, entranced. I looked at Maddie, and I could tell she felt the same way. We loved antiques, just she did more then I. Just then, the door opened, and a vampire in a suit coat and fedora came in. He didn't seem that old, but he looked as old as my uncle, who was the youngest in my father's family. He smiled at us in a jolly way. Not like those evil mobsters or anything. He seemed just like my uncle. He sat down in his desk and smiled at us. There were two burly vampires by the door. The vampire motioned to them.
“Gentlemen, if you could please untie these two lovely ladies.” He smiled at us. I looked at him perplexed. He laughed. “Well, you know, you two are special. You see, if you hadn't come here the way you did, then we would have killed you on the spot. Heck, if we hadn't found out, you would be deat on the spot! But luckily, we didn't make that mistake, did we? No, we are very good at our job.” He smiled at us. It was kind of freaky how he talked, but he seemed to like us, so I wasn't going to argue. We were untied, and he motioned to the burly men again.
“You guys hungry?” he asked. “We have pizza.” I stared at him astonished. “Yes, I think we will have pizza. Get that for us, will you?” He smiled at the men.
“How...how...how?” I stammered.
“Oh, I know from what time you came from. You can't fool me.” He smiled warmly. “You know, I love your time, you have such great food, and your ways of living.” He giggled. “Well, they are precious.” He sighed and smiled. Then he looked at us. “You two are very special girls, aren't you, and I would like to talk to you.” Then he frowned at us. “You look so uncomfortable in those dresses, would you like some real clothes? Perhaps some jeans and tee-shirts. I nodded vigorously, so happy to have the choice.
“Well, then let's get up and get you some, this way ladies.” He smiled and led us out. The place looked, as we were walking down the hallways, like the mayor's office at home. Except it was underground. As we were walking down some stairs, Maddie asked, timidly,
“Where is Fra..I mean, the other vampires who were following us?”
The man looked at us and smiled. “Oh, they are just hanging out around here, somewhere. No need to worry about them.” He chuckled. Maddie looked a little worried, but soon, we got to what looked like a huge dressing room. There were old cavemen outfits to futury-space outfits. It was all like a giant costume store.
“Find what you like, girls, and the dressing rooms are over there.” He gestured to the side of the room. We both walked in and looked around. I found a cute neon green and black shirt, some black skinny jeans, and some awesome handgloves. Maddie found some light-blue skinny jeans, and a pink and purple shirt. When we both got out, the vampire, who mentioned his name was Val, led us into what looked like a nice cafe, where we drank coffee, ate pizza, and talked. He talked to us about our lives, and how school was. The more I ate and talked, the more I felt like he was family. Even Maddie loosened up with him, and we all were laughing and chattering after we were done eating. We felt right at home, and happy to be there. We also felt our time spent with the other vampires was useless, and we were going to go home soon. It was the best feeling in the world. Then the Val led us back into his office, and we sat down again, still laughing. He stopped, and leaned across his desk so we had his head-on attention.
“So, now we get to the real talking.” He said, smiling. We smiled back, ready to talk. “You girls are special, you see. Not only can we get along like family, but you two can time travel.”
“What?” I asked, humored. “Us? I thought it was a portal type thing.”
He waved his hand in the air. “Psh, that only happens in science fiction books. You guys are the real deal. There aren't many people who can do it, let alone vampires.”
“So you're saying we have powers?” I asked, shocked.
“Yes, and very strong ones at that, to take you back so far, and to a favored time,” he nodded at Maggie, “is a very special and powerful gift indeed.”
“How did it happen, though. We didn't ask for it, or anything.”
“Well, it usually is caused by a great sense of danger, something to power your 'fight or flight' senses. Most likely you wished you were never there in the first place, or something like that, and you ended up here. Ta da! Magicians with real talent.”
“So, can we go in and out of times whenever we please, then?” I wanted to know if I could take it further.
“Yes, with training, you can come and go any time you like, but for humans, that training could take a long time.”
I paused, Maddie seemed to get it and asked, “You mean...?”
“Yes.” He answered. “Vampire's senses and powers are magnified greatly after transformation. The best time to train would be after that.”
“You mean we have to...”
“Yes.” He answered again. “The only way to get back home is to become a vampire.”
“So, how does that work?” I asked, not wanting to give up the sun.
“Basically, you can choose any vampire you want, according to this contract,” he pulled out a sheet of paper, “and they will bite you. Bite, but not drink. It takes 24 hours for the process to be finished, after that, you will be immortal and beautiful forever.”
“Let me have a look at that.” I requested.
“Yes ma'am.” He answered and handed it over.
“It also said we will be in the company's service from then on.”
“Not like a servant or anything. You will be one of the most highly paid workers here. You would be one of the most excellent hands around here. You two could be treated like queens.”
Maddie and I both sighed with the wonder of it all. Sure, there were a couple setbacks. But queens...that was worth it. Maddie gasped. “What about the others?”
“Oh, them? They will have to be taken away.”
“Why?” We both asked, shocked.
“Well, this is an unpleasant subject, but I suppose you need to know. The others, you know of their ways, not drinking human blood. They probably told you we were evil.” We all laughed, but Maddie's was much more timid. “What they really are are dangerous. They have never tasted human blood fresh, so they are most likely to kill people out of blood lust. It happens so fast, they usually decimate a town when it overtakes them. We have been trying to get them to come over to our side, but they are young, barely a year old, since turning. They might be more of a hassle then help. They have all been a whiny race anyway. We like to call them the Lewis”
Maddie gasped. I had no idea why. I had always wondered about them. I knew something was up with them, and now, I had a way to get home. Maddie looked pale, but resolved. “Could we go see if we could help?” She asked. Val looked hesitant, then reluctantly, he answered, “Fine, but quickly.”
We left and went down tot he very last floor. It didn't look so nice, but I guess people who couldn't be trusted. I felt reluctant to go. I didn't know why I ever felt anything with Mikey, but it didn't seem even possible now. We got to an old cell-like room, where all four of them were chained to the wall. Maddie ran over to Frank who was unconscious. I looked at Mikey, who was staring at me with a desperate expression. I didn't know if he was trying to read something in my eyes, but he didn't like what he saw. He yelled. “No! No! What have you done to her, you freak, you bastard, no! No!” tears started running down his eyes.
Al raised an eyebrow. “You don't mean...” Then he gave Mikey a shocked look. “That's against the law. Both yours and mine. Unless...” He stared at me. “Come this way,” he yelled, taking my hand. I started to follow willingly, when Mikey yelled to me again.
“No! No! Elaine, please, come back! Elaine!” Hearing my name made my stomach flip. I pulled myself out of his grasp to run back to Mikey. Val followed me. I ran right in front of him, staring into his eyes imploringly. He was looking through mine, desperately again, then, suddenly, his eyes turned blood red. I started walking back, slowly. He was trying to do something, and I didn't know what it was, but I didn't like it. Then he started crying.
“No! Please, Elaine, come back! They took you away, please come back!” I looked at him, confused. Val had already taken my arm and started pulling me back, I resisted little, being scared and confused.
“What is he talking about, Val?”
“Nothing dear, I fear he's going mad. We need to get you somewhere safe.”
“Wait! No! Elaine! Please! You need to come back! You are not who you were when we met! When we talked, when I...” He paused, trying to hold back the shower of tears going down his face. “When I fell in love with you.”
All of a sudden I fell to the ground with an invisible force shoving me down. I looked into Mikey's blood-red eyes, and realized what was going on. They had put something in the food, something that made me want to do whatever they wanted me to do. Maddie had been stronger then I in... MADDIE! I stared over at her. She was fighting some guards pulling her away from Frank. She must have known what was going on. Had she eaten anything at all? Or had she known all along. I looked at Mikey again, and suddenly my rebellious nature took over and I got up and looked at Val. He looked frightened and ran. The guards dropped Maddie and I was about to chase after them, when the door slammed shut. I ran up, but there was no knob in the back. We were trapped in. I banged against the door, but it was no use. I looked over at Maddie, who was desperately trying to unchain Frank. I realized that I should probably get everyone out. Their strength could help. I ran over to Mikey, he looked at me with tears of happiness in his eyes. I stopped. There was that feeling in my stomach again, the one I felt when we first really looked at each other. I grabbed his chains and started tugging uselessly, then, I saw a heavy rock on the ground. I picked it up and started smashing at the chains. After a long time, they finally all came off. Mikey got up and kissed me. I felt like there was no one and nothing to stop me. I felt like I had his strength. I felt like I was where I belonged for once. I kissed back, and we kept kissing till he heard someone clear his throat. Gerard was still chained.
“I'm sorry to stop such an emotional scene, but some of us are still chained to the WALL!!!” Mikey laughed and yanked at the chains. They tore off easily. I marveled at him. How? Well, he was a vampire. And I was only a human, so I had to have something stronger to get the chains off. Gerard gout out and hugged Mikey. “Thanks brother.” he smiled.
I looked at them shocked. “Brothers? Brothers? You two are brothers!?!”
“Yes.” Gerard smiled. “I guess it just never came up in conversation before.”
“No, it didn't, but it explains so much.” I smiled. Gerard and Mikey both got the rest of the boys down and Frank and Maddie started kissing instantly.
“Well, well, well.” We heard a voice behind us. “What a touching scene.”
We turned to see Val and a huge group of body guards around us. I grabbed onto Mikey. Suddenly, I turned to Maddie. I grabbed onto her.
“Maddie, remember, high-school, senior year, homecoming?” I asked, desperate. She looked at me, and a light came to her eyes. She grinned and grabbed my hand. We had less of a chance, since bodyguards are stronger then jocks, but they had about the same build, which meant... We ran together, and kicked two bodyguards in the shins. They screamed and pulled away, we ran, and the others followed. We were being chased with stakes and I knew as long as they didn't pull out guns, Maddie and I were okay, I knew what I had to do. I saw a room that was a showcase for our time a couple floors up. I ran and the others followed. I looked at Maddie as we were approaching the room. I hoped it had what I needed.
“Maddie, you keep running and lead them out. I think you know the way okay. You always were very perceptive.” We were running, but no one could hear us over the shouting. “I'm going to destroy this place once and for all.” She looked like she was going to argue, but I stared hard at her. She nodded and kept running. I stopped and jumped into a corner. The others kept running, and I was not noticed. Once they had all passed, I ran into the room. There was a lighter, and....yes! Two big canisters of gasoline. I tried to pick them up, but they were so heavy. I had to lug them out, but I knew I couldn't sneak past without being seen. I had to try, though. I was going down the hallway, when I felt like I was being followed. I turned and almost screamed with shock. Mikey was there, surprised that I caught him.
“What are you doing?!? You should be outside!” I really tried not to yell, so no one would hear us.
“I...I...I...”he stammered. “I saw you jump away, so I did too. I could not leave you by yourself, and I wanted to know what you were doing.” He looked at me being pulled down by the weight of the gasoline. “Do you need help?”
I glared at him, mad that he wasn't outside, but I did need help. “Here, take these, just don't get any liquid on you, okay?”
He nodded and took them. We ran out, and just in time, the others were just out side the gate of the tower, which was made of wood, strangely enough. I guess it was supposed to look like a cottage but there was a huge company underneath, oh well, it was all going to burn. We ran over with the others, and I took a canister of gasoline and threw it's contents all over the chasing guards and Val. They all tried to run, but I lighted one of the guards. The flame spread quickly to the rest, and soon, they were all ash. Then, I threw all the contents of the other on the cottage. I set it to flame and it was burning as we were running away. We got to the cave, and came bursting in. Maddie and I limped to the couches and fell straight to sleep after such exhaustion.
I woke up with a start. I looked over at the clock. The time read 3:00pm. I rubbed my eyes, wondering what kind of dream I had just woken up from. It was all so fuzzy. Suddenly, my phone rang. I ran downstairs and picked it up. It was Maddie.
“Ellie? Ellie? You there?”
“Yeah. Maddie. I'm here. What's up?”
“I just had the weirdest experience. I just woke up.”
I laughed. That was strange, but she was up pretty late last night, and I wasn't too surprised. We had been planning her costume on today....Halloween. Halloween. Date with that jock. Jake. Wow, I had almost forgot. “Don't worry about it, Maddie, I think it was because we were up late on the phone last night. Remember?”
“Yeah, I do, now.” She sounded relieved. “But I can't shake this feeling. I think it was just the dream I had, though.”
“What did you dream?” I asked.
“Oh, I can't really remember. All I know is that I woke up shocked and scared.”
“So did I.”
“Weird. Hey, so, what do you have planned for today?”
“I have that date with Jake, remember?”
“Oh.” She sounded disappointed. “Well, can I come over there before you go?”
“Sure.” She hung up and I got dressed and ready. I still had that funny feeling. I couldn't describe it, but it felt like I was changed. Like I figured something out about myself, and I had no idea what it was. Maddie came over and we had coffee and watched some t.v. There were lots of specials on, and we just sat there. We barely even spoke to each other, which was weird. Finally it was 5:30, and I was going to be picked up at 6:00. I had to tell Maddie that she had to go. She made me promise the next day we would go and get coffee together. I did, and got ready for my date. I felt like I wasn't really there, thought. I barely knew what was going on at the date. Something like dinner, a late movie, coffee, and then, at, like, 4:00 in the morning finally going home. I fell right into bed. Exhausted. When I woke up it was 3:00pm. Again. The whole Halloween had flown by, and I still felt a little weird. Better, though, then yesterday. I just must have been tired. Maddie came over and we both left for our favorite coffee shop. She was feeling much better also. We talked and laughed until it got dark.
“It's a nice night.” I said, smiling.
“Yeah. It really is.” Maddie smiled.
“Hey, do you want to spend the night?” I asked.
“Cheesy movie marathon and lots of popcorn?”
“It wouldn't be a sleepover without it.” I laughed.
“Then I'm in.” We walked down the street, giggling.
We walked by the video store and rented a few movies. Then we walked by the park. I convinced Maddie to stay and enjoy the night sky. It was nice tonight, and the stars were so bright. We talked about school and term papers that we had to get done, when a group of four boys started walking by. They were all in leather jackets and biker jeans. At first they looked sort of frightening, then I saw their faces. They were all amazingly beautiful, and they all had creamy bronze eyes. The one with glasses looked really familiar. I leaned over and whispered to Maddie.
“Do we know these people?” The more I looked at them, the more I felt like I knew them.
“I know what you mean. The short one looks sooooo familiar.”
We watched them walk by. Talking and joking around. Suddenly, the short one and the one with glasses turned and saw us. I saw recognition come into their eyes and they smiled and waved at us. We timidly waved back. Then they started running over to us. We looked at each other worried, but the boys had already got to us. The one with glasses was grinning at me.
“Elaine!” He smiled. I looked at him, wondering how he knew my name. “It's been years!”
The short one laughed. “Yeah, hundreds.”
“Well, not really a hundred, but close.” The laughed.
We smiled along, having no idea what was going on.
“So where did you guys go? We looked all over for you!” The one with glasses smiled.
“I...who are you?” I asked, suspicious. He frowned.
“You don't remember?” He sounded disappointed. I instantly wanted to make him feel better.
“I don't, sorry. How do we know you again?”
“Well, it's kind of a long story, but I think this will help you remember.” he pulled me up off the bench and kissed me. At first I was shocked, but suddenly it all came back to me, then time travel, the evil Vladimirs, the burning of their company, the falling asleep on the couch.
I gasped. “Mikey!” I yelled and grabbed him in a huge hug.
“I knew it would work.” He said. Then he laughed. Frank was kissing Maddie and there was not even a word coming out of them. We both laughed then. I pulled him closer and we kissed again. The reunion couldn't have been sweeter.
“So what actually happened after I left?” I asked, holding Mikey's hand as we stared out at the pond. We were sitting on the bridge that crossed over a pretty pond in the park.
“Well, after you laid on the couch you disappeared. We were pretty freaked, but John told us you finally went home. We hoped so. The fire hit some kind of explosive and the whole Vladimir company blew up. None of them survived, and our race took over. Now most vampires are like us. It's all thanks to you.” I blushed and he smiled. “I waited and waited for you, but I had no idea when you would show up. I had a question for you.”
“What's that?” I smiled.
“What did you mean with the whole 'senior year, high-school'?”
“Oh that.” I laughed. “Well, Maddie and I were ambushed my the whole football team that night and to get out, we kicked them in the shins. It turns out they don't have much muscle there.” He grinned.
“I finally get it.” He laughed. “but I have also a question, or a statement, you could put it either way.”
“What's that?” I asked.
“You never told me if you loved me.” He looked into my eyes again.
I smiled and kissed him, “Doesn't that answer you questment?” I giggled.
“It would be nice to hear, still.” He grinned impishly.
“Mikey, I love you with all my heart. And don't you EVER forget it.” He smiled and we kissed.
“Now I have a question for you, Mikey.”
“What is it?”
“How are we gonna make this work?”
“What do you mean?” he looked at me imploringly.
“Well, you are a vampire, and I am a human. Who can time travel, it seems, also.” I grinned.
He laughed. “So?”
“Well, you'll stay as you are, and I'll get old.” I said, not laughing.
“Ah, I see.” He looked straight into my eyes. “If you really love me, Elaine, then I will change you, but it's giving up a lot. You have to give up the sun for one.”
“I sleep through it anyway.” I laughed.
“You have to drink blood.”
“So do you, so I might as well get used to it.”
“Well, if that's what you really want.” He opened his mouth and showed his fangs. For a moment I was really frightened. Then I knew this was what it was meant to be. He leaned in, and bit me.
[The End]
Sign up to rate and review this story