Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Rage and Love

Rage and Love

by xxKilljoysxx 7 reviews

There's no place like home when you've got no place to go.. Mikey's life is falling, when the one person left surprisingly reaches for his hand, they unknowingly touch his heart.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-04-18 - Updated: 2011-04-18 - 1919 words

2Moving
MIKEY'S P.O.V

The candle light quivered lightly due to my heavy breathing.
I told myself not to worry, she's never been on time anyway.. but I would think she would make the exception of returning home on time for my birthday, she wouldn't leave me alone.. she knows I've got no one else.
Where is she?
I looked down on my birthday cake which she spent so long on this morning, 17 candles stood, slowly melting. I lit them myself, when she returns home she'll be stressed, she'll want to go straight to bed.. she'll never say it, but i know that she would want this over and done with, so I'm doing as much as I can by myself.
I turned back to the clock, 10.30, 2 hours late.. I picked up my cellphone and tried for the twentyfourth time... no luck.
I set my phone back on the dinning table and took a shaky breath. And with one last look at the door, I blew out each candle. I watched as each one flickered before dying. One candle for every year of my wasted life. Thats me, seventeen years old and nothing to show for it. I've made no impact on anyone, not even my own Mother who couldn't care enough to show up for me.
That's when the doorbell rang, peircing the silence. I jumped, relief washed over me. Two hours late.. I shook my head and opened the door.
"Michael Way?" A police officer stood before me.
"Y-Yeah?"
"My name is Mr Becker, I'm sorry, there has been an accident. Your mother was in a carcrash. She is in hospital now.. Doctors are questioning her making it through the night."
Knots formed in my gut. I tried to swallow, I tried to breath. It didn't work. Blood drained frrom my face and my head spun.
"S-S.. Wha??" I breathed with difficulty.
"We could take you there now if you'd like."
I nodded once and he gestured me to follow.
I forced my feet to step one infrint of the other, trying not to lose my balance.
I sat in the back of the cop car and started the drive to the hospital.
The ride took twice as long as usual. I couldn't sit still. My breathing was unsteady and I was shaking. I looked down at my hands, they were clenched into tight fists, turning whiter than usual. I spread them and saw deep cuts, four from each of my nail peircing the soft skin.
I closed my hands again and foled my arms against my chest. I closed my eyes. This isn't happening. Soon I will wake up to Mom yelling, telling me to get up. My hands stung as my nails dug deeper into them. I breathed in harshly but didn't lose any less presure on my hands.
"Mr. Way?"
I looked up, remembering where I was.
"We are here, you can go right on up to your mo-"
I jumped out of the car and ran through the hospital entry. From that first step into that blinding building, i knew that this was all too real.
I ran to the desk. A young blonde nurse sat and slowly lifted her gaze to me.
"Can I help you."
"D-Donna Way, what room."
The nurse looked pissed but looked through a few files that lay beside her.
she pulled out one and read over it, her face changed emotion, went blank.
"A-Are you family?"
"I'm her son."
She nodded
"Room 304" her voice cracked.
I nodded and ran up the stairs through countless corridors, looking at every door number.
Finally, 304 came.
I opened the door and stepped inside. It was dark, only the dim light from the moon shone through the window and reached my mom, who lay motionless on the bed.
I swallowed every last bit on courage I could get and walked towards her.
Her life support mointor was beeping slowly. I dropped to my knees beside her bed.
"Mom." I whispered, knowing that she probably cant hear me.
Her skin was pale and torn, cuts and scrapes covered her pretty face, she was almost unrecognisable. I moved a shaky hand and rested it on hers, it was freezing. I clasped hold of her hand and kissed it lightly.
"I love you, Ma."
She lay still, unresponsive.
I ran a shaky hand through my hair.
"Don't fail me now, Ma. I don't want to lose you." I silent tear fell down my cheek.
"Don't let me go.." I whispered.
"Mr Way?"
I jumped from the floor and quickly spun around, a doctor in a white coat stood clutching a clipboard.
"Sorry if I'm disturbing you. Can I have a word?"
I followed him out the door and into the desserted hall.
"Now, Mr.Way, I'm terribly sorry about your mother." He waited for a response from me which I did not give, so he continued.
"We have done everything we possibly can, but it's unlikely that she's going to survive much more than an hour."
"One hour?"
"Im sorry" He nodded.
I swallowed. "You're leaving her to die?" I whispered, more to myself than to him.
"There isn't anything we can do, Mr way."
"Stop pretending you care!"
"Mr Way keep your voice down" He said sternly
"No, You don't care. She's just an object to you. She's just something keeping you here over night! You want her to die so you can go home to your family! Have you thought what's going to happen to me when that happens?! She is my family! I have nothing to go home to!"
"Mr. Way, we will ask you to leave if you don't control your temper. I told you we have done all we can, i care about every patient I look after and there are some cases where there is nothing left to do."
I shook me head and locked my jaw.
"You're a doctor," I stepped back to the door frame "They pay you to care."
I walked back to Ma's bedside and kneeled next to her.
"Ma, I'm falling apart, please don't leave me. I need you."
I wrapped my hand around hers, it was somehow colder than before. That's when I realised that the beeping turned to a cold, hard line. My heart stopped beating.
Her last breath was taken away.
"M-Ma?"
Her heart beat was a still as mine. "Ma!?"
Nurses filed into the small room.
"Im very sorry, mr way." I continued to look at my mother, her body now just a shell, her soul had left her, I could feel it.
"You have to leave, Mr Way." One said to me.
Tears rolled down my face. I stood up slowly, all my bones were stiff.
"You can stay here, bu-"
"No!"
"Mr way, I know that you are upset. That is no reason to-"
"No! You don't know shit! Do you think 'upset' is how I feel?! Upset is like when your fish dies, not when your fucking world dies." I stressfully pushed my hair from my face.
"Mr Way, If we have to ask you one more time to lower your voice you will leave."
I closed my mouth, I don't want ot be kicked out. I don't know where to go from here.
"Now, we are so sorry for your loss." I bit my tounge, avoiding another outburst "But you may wait in the waiting room, I believe a police officer will take you to a family member to stay."
I reluctantly did as I was told. I didn't want to leave Mom. What will they do with her?
I sat in the waiting room and let myself cry. Shock waved over me and i rocked back and forth.
What now?
I'm an orphan.
My Dad died of cancer when I was two, so it didn't have much impact on me. I have no memory of him, and memories that i think i have, i don't know if theyre dreams or real..
Now, there is no one.
"Michael?"
I looked up,Mr Becker stood infront of me. I looked back down at my doc martens.
"I'm very sorry, but now it's time to go."
"Where am I going?" i whispered
"Your brothers."
"What!?"
"Is there something wrong, Mr Way?"
"Hell yeah! What about my Grandma?"
"She said that she's too old to take care of you, she also said that it will be good for the two of you to be together, especailly in a time like this."
"Fuck," I murmered under my breath.
"Gerard is the right age, you're lucky he's there really. No one else can take care of you."
"Hmm right." I said sarcasticly.

Mr Becker drove me home to get clothes. When I arrived at my home he waited in the car while I filled a bag.
I walked through the front door, the lights were still on and my cake still sat on the dining room table. I slowly walked over to it, Ma had spent the whole morning making it, everytime I tried to come into the kitchen she would stop what she was doing and try to shove me out, she wanted it to be a surprise until tonight. I looked at the cake, 'Happy 17th Mikes, love Mom.' linked across the cake's surface. I smiled a shakey smile and turned down the hall to my bedroom. It was dark inside, it had a ghosty feeling in it. I grabbed my school bag and shoved clothes into it. On my way out the door I took my cellphone which I left on the table and exited the house. Mr Becker waited in the car for me, then drove away.
I looked out the window, the moon followed us on the journey to unpredictable future.
Not long after, Mr Becker turned down a street, I looked at the sign, 'Cemetery Drive'.
I've only been to his house once, when he first got it. We were all surprised that he got a house instead of renting or appartments. But he doesn't think so it was nothing new to me, really.
He pulled into number 17.
"There we go, Kid, Need any help with bags?"
"No thanks." I said stiffly and got out of the car. I looked uup at the small house, the lights were on inside.
"Take care, and agian, very sorry for your loss."
I nodded and Mr Becker drove away. I walked up the path and stopped at the door, knocked twice and waited for him to answer..
I thought about tonoght. No less than 2 hours ago I was sitting at home, getting more frustraighted with Ma's lateness. Now here I am. Parentless and forced to live with a brother who didn't care and dropped contact. This is going to be shit. He's going to treat me like furniture. That's all I'm really worth anyway.
At least when I was with Mom she would care for me, no matter if it was pretending or not.

My eyes went out of focus as I pondered.. Mom's gone. Why doesn't it feel that way though? I was there, I watched her life slip away. Me out of anyone should feel this reality right?
I was worried. Because I knew that soon, it'll hit me like a tonne of bricks.
The door opened wide and he stood still infront of me, his hair the same mess, eyes still alight with that familiar flicker, mouth still pulled to that same smirk.. Gerard.
Sign up to rate and review this story