Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Surviving High School

~*~Everyone Treats Me Like I'm Two Nowadays....~*~

by Rebel009 1 review

Chapter Five

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Published: 2006-05-25 - Updated: 2006-05-26 - 2112 words

0Unrated
Chapter Five

It was Friday night, the night before homecoming, the night of the big football game against Central High School, North Tokyo's arch rival. Inuyasha stood in the middle of the huddle, thinking of a plan to get past their defense. The score was tied 27 to 27 and they had already worked well into overtime. He glanced over to the sidelines and smiled.

Kagome was standing near Coach Myouga, a clipboard in her left arm and a stopwatch around her neck.. She was wearing her usual uniform of baggy blue jeans and his gray practice jersey which had the number 24 and his last name on the back in green. Sango had claimed that it was his way of "marking territory" or something like that, but Kagome liked wearing his jersey to the games. She was also wearing a black baseball cap with her hair pulled through the back.

Inuyasha remembered when Coach Myouga had asked Kagome to be his coaching assistant, Lord knows he needed one. She agreed and had been on the sidelines and at every practice ever since. Of course, Sango didn't want to sit by herself in the bleachers, and there was no way she was going to stay home. So, she volunteered to be a water girl, much to Miroku's enjoyment, especially when he entered her in the wet t-shirt contests.

The past week had been incredible to Inuyasha. Ever since he had asked Kagome to be his girl, they had practically been inseparable, not that they weren't before mind you, but now it mean a whole lot more. He still couldn't believe she said yes, sometimes he would wonder if everything had just been a cruel dream and he would wake up the next day back at square one. And nothing seemed to be in their way really, Kagome's mom totally accepted the fact that they were dating, something you don't see too often. Actually she seemed ready to start planning a wedding if necessary.

After calling out his name an unsuccessful amount of times, Miroku finally hit Inuyasha on his head with his fist, bringing him back to reality. The team lined up on the forty yard line, the center snapped the ball. Inuyasha faded back, preparing to throw to the next open man. He smirked and placed the ball behind his back just in time for Miroku to snatch it and start running towards the end zone. It took Central's team five seconds before they realized the play, but it was too late, Miroku was already halfway there with a good ten yard lead. He crossed the end zone as the timer reached one second, touchdown, the game was over.

Inuyasha took off his helmet and ran a hand through his wet, matted hair. He glanced back over to the sidelines and grinned as he saw Kagome's back turned to him. With an evil plan in his mind, he crept silently over to unsuspecting girl.

"Don't even think about it" she warned, but it useless. Inuyasha wrapped his arms around his girlfriend and crushed her against his large, sweaty frame. He laughed and released her, there were large wet spots on the back of the gray shirt. She turned and gave him a blank stare.

"That was disgusting," she said. Then she smirked and gave Inuyasha a playful shove towards the locker rooms. "Now go take a shower, you freak!" Inuyasha laughed and walked away with Miroku who had just given Sango a similar embrace. Sango's eyes were wide, as if she had been violated, and whose to say she wasn't, large wet spots also on the back of her shirt.

"That's just wrong," she muttered. Kagome couldn't help but burst out laughing at her friend's horror filled expression.
*******************************
SATURDAY NIGHT

When the doorbell rang, Souta opened the door to two very well dressed young men.

"Hey guys, Kagome and Sango are still upstairs, they'll be down in a sec," Souta said. Inuyasha and Miroku sat down on the couch and waited. The first to appear was Sango, she and Miroku had decided to dress a little more formally. Miroku had rented a tux with a bow tie and everything, Sango had a sleeveless, black, velvet dress that ended at her mid-thigh. Her hair was in a tight bun with strands of loose hair falling around her face. Miroku grinned and Sango slapped him lightly over the head, warning him about any perverted thoughts.

Inuyasha and Kagome had decided to dress more casually since neither of them were into the whole tux and gown type of thing. He was wearing black dress pants and a silk, black shirt. He wore a silver chain around his neck and his hair was in a loose ponytail. When he heard footsteps coming down the stairs, he turned around, and his jaw dropped.

Kagome was wearing a white, silk skirt that ended just below her knees with a silt on the right side. She had a matching white, silk sleevless top that had thin straps and a gold imprint of a dragon wrapped around the waist. Her hair was down, like usual, the way he liked it best and she was wearing a small amount of make up. Eye shadow and that was about it. If Inuyasha had never seen Kagome as an angel before, he sure did now. Kagome started to blush at the way Inuyasha was staring at her.

"Um...is something wrong? Do I look bad?" she asked. Inuyasha blinked out of his reverie and shook his head.

"Oh no, you look....incredible," he said.

"Thanks, you too."

And with that, the two couples walked towards Inuyasha's convertible and speed away towards the school.
****/I hate dances......so we're skippin. Sorry peoplz/*********
Kagome strapped her snowboard to her duffle bag and set it by the door. Inuyasha and Miroku were outside, packing other bags into the trunk of Inuyasha's car.

"Gee Kagome, I thought you surf and skate only," Sango said dropping her bag.
"Surfboard, skateboard, snowboard, I do 'em all," Kagome replied. The boys came through the front door of the Higurashi shrine. Inuyasha wrapped his arms around Kagome and smirked.

"Except she can't ski for nothing," he said. Kagome looked up and scowled, Sango gaped while Miroku snickered.

"You can snowboard, but you can't ski?" she asked.

"Hey, hey, hey, don't go picking on me, I have yet to see you two on a board," Miroku slung an arm over Sango's shoulders.

"That's because Sango and I would rather keep our necks in one piece unlike you two freaks who almost end up in the hospital every time we go to the cabin," he said slyly. It was winter break, they had two weeks to do absolutely nothing. It was sort of a tradition that they go up into the mountains where there was a ski lodge where you could rent cabins.

"Aw, that's cause ya'll don't know how to have fun," Inuyasha said as he picked up Kagome's bag. Miroku followed him out to the door with Sango's. Mrs. Higurashi came into the living room and gave her daughter a final goodbye hug.

"Now, you sure you have everything? Money, cellphone, all that stuff?" she asked.

"Yes mom," Kagome replied. The guys came back in.

"Well, okay. Have a good time, don't kill yourselves. Inuyasha, watch out for my baby now, you hear?"

"Don't worry, Mrs. H. I'll keep my eye on her. Hmm... better make that both of 'em" Inuyasha said hugging the girl from behind. Kagome crossed her arms and sighed.

"Everyone treats me like I'm two nowadays," she muttered.

"Aw, but it's just so fun to annoy you," he said and started tickling her sides. Kagome's legs immediately gave out from underneath her as the torture started and Inuyasha picked her up bridal style, carrying her out the car.

"You're exasperating," she cried.

"You know it, babe." Sango and Miroku laughed and waved goodbye to Mrs. Higurashi before getting in the car.
***************************
"Sango, are you comin' out or what?" Kagome asked. She sat on the bed in their room, having a one-sided conversation with the bathroom door, which was now closed. It was nine in the morning, they had arrived at the lodge around midnight the previous night. Now they were up and ready to hit the slopes, the guys were already downstairs getting their gear together. Obviously they did not take as long as her dear friend, Sango, who had to make sure she looked good, even though she would be totally gross by the end of the day.

Kagome sighed, got up, and looked in the mirror on her dresser. She was wearing a black turtleneck, thin black snowpants, a light blue jacket-vest, a black headband, and sunglasses to protect her eyes from the glare off the snow. The cold had never really bothered her, so she always dressed light. It also made snowboarding a heck of a lot easier.

"All right, all right. I'm ready, don't have a heart attack," Sango muttered as she entered the room. She was wearing thicker, black snow pants, a pink sweatshirt and matching headband to keep her ears warm. She also had black gloves, scarf, and goggles.

"Finally," Kagome said as they walked down the stairs. Inuyasha and Miroku were in the living room, strapping on their boots. Miroku was wearing dark blue snow pants, a black coat, gloves and hat. Inuyasha was wearing thin black snowpants, a white turtleneck, black jacket, and sunglasses. The cold didn't affect him either, but he was a half-demon so it wasn't quite the same. Kagome slipped on her own boots and placed her emergency backpack on her shoulders before walking towards the door. The group had soon discovered that when Inuyasha and Kagome went boarding, always bring a first aid kit.

"Hold it, kiddo," Inuyasha chuckled, as he grabbed one of the straps and pulled Kagome backwards into his arms. He waved a pair of leather gloves in front of her face and smirked when he saw her scowl.

"What are you? My mom!!" she scoffed.

"I would hope not." he said.

She sighed, pulled the gloves on her hands and glared at him.

"I'm just lookin' out for you,"

"Feh," she said and walked out the door. Inuyasha laughed and followed her out the door, grabbing her waist and tickling her sides, her one weakness. Immediately she doubled over, his arms the only things keeping from falling to the cold, wet ground.

"Don't 'feh' me," he growled playfully.

"Yeah, yeah. Sure, sure." Kagome replied, twisting her way out of his grasp as she regained her footing. She walked over to the car and took her snowboard from out of the trunk. It was a beautiful cerulean blue that had white lightening streaks on the top and snow covered mountains on the bottom. Inuyasha also grabbed his board which was black with red and yellow flames on the bottom. Sango came out, her own backpack slung over one shoulder, as Miroku locked the cabin door.

They all entered the small shed where two snowmobiles were kept. The main lodge and ski slopes were a good two miles away from each cabin, and instead of taking the long route with the car, most people found snowmobiles to be the quickest way to get from place to place.
Inuyasha walked over to the silver vehicle and strapped his and Kagome's boards to the back where there was a small cargo shelf. He then hopped onto the seat, started the ignition, and drove it into the front, Kagome climbed on behind him. Miroku and Sango mounted the identical black model and stopped beside them.

"So, should we be on our own for today, or do you want to meet at the lodge for lunch or something?" Miroku asked above the roar of the engines.

"Let's just be on our own today, we can do something together tomorrow," Inuyasha answered, Kagome nodded.

"Okay, then, we'll see you later," Miroku said, and sped off towards the main lodge where he and Sango would rent their skis and get their lift passes. Inuyasha and Kagome already had year round passes. Kagome used the cabin with her family a few times a year, and they would always invite Inuyasha to come along, so it was just better to get membership passes instead of spending the extra money. Inuyasha looked over his shoulder and smiled.

"You ready to go, babe?" he asked.

"Let's hit it."

(A/N: So, comments, questions, ahh I sound like my evil math teacher. Okay he ain't evil, I just like to say that 'bout everyone. Please review 009)
Sign up to rate and review this story