Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Surviving High School

~*~We're Not Buying Him A Hooker!!!....~*~

by Rebel009 1 review

Chapter Seven

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Published: 2006-05-25 - Updated: 2006-05-26 - 1809 words

0Unrated
Chapter Seven

Inuyasha was fourteen years old when his parents died. His half-brother Sesshomaru had been declared his legal guardian, much to both of their despair. He had helped Inuyasha get situated in the apartment and then left without so much as a goodbye. Not that he need that jerk anyways, he was strong for a teenager, he could handle everything on his own. He didn't need anyone in his life.

But that wasn't true, that wasn't true at all. On the inside, Inuyasha was just a scared little boy who wasn't even in high school yet and was afraid of the idea of living by himself for the rest of his life. All he really wanted to do was curl up into a ball and die, leaving this world of pain and suffering behind.

He thought about his best friend, Kagome. She had always managed to make him smile whenever things seemed really bad. But nothing this bad. It was late and he debated whether or not he should give her a call, just to talk maybe. He chose not to, determined that he didn't need anyone to get through his grief. He would be strong and do this on his own.

Inuyasha started skipping school. He never talked to anyone. He never even went outside of his apartment. He couldn't deal with the stress, it was consuming him, threatened to suffocate him. That's when something miraculous had happened. Kagome had walked over to the apartment complex, stormed up the stairs, and barged through the door with the manager's spare key.

She grabbed his wrist and sat him down on the couch, making him look directly in her eyes which sparked with compassion and annoyance. Kagome took both of her hands in his and gripped them tightly, as if promising to never let go. She had looked absolutely beautiful that day, even though she was wearing her usual casual clothes. Inuyasha could still remember the exact words she had said, they would forever leave an impression in his mind.

"Inuyasha, remember when my father died? I had locked myself in my room for two days, refusing to talk, eat, sleep, live. I was dead set on coping alone, crying on my own shoulder. But, you, my dearest friend, had other plans. I remember you had stormed into my home, walked into my room, and gave me the biggest hug I could ever have received. Do you remember what you said?

"You said that no matter what hard times I was going through, you were always going to be there for me. You told me never depend on myself when I'm grieving, that I could always feel comfortable coming to you. I didn't want to except that at first, but you didn't stop calling my house, checking up on me. Heck, you never gave me a moment's peace for three weeks until I promised to call you every weekend.

"That meant a lot to me Inuyasha, to know that you cared that much. I'm truly sorry that your parents are gone, but that doesn't mean you are allowed to skip over your own lecture. You have a right to grieve, you have a right to cry, but you can't do it alone. I'm here, Inuyasha. I'm right here, you can always lean on my shoulder. You can always feel free to talk about anything with me.

"Call me, anytime, even if it's at two in the morning and I'll be over here quicker than you can say go. You have my permission to torment me if it means that you're not going to shut me out of your life. Inuyasha please understand, that is the absolute last thing that I want. Please don't block me out. Now talk to me."

Her words were kind, compassionate, and most importantly truthful. Kagome had declared that she would always be at his side, no matter what. And that night she had give him her cell and pager numbers.

Inuyasha opened his eyes and stared at the blessed girl. That was when he had realized that he had fallen in love with her. He knew that his life was dependent on and revolved around Kagome, and he wasn't ashamed of the fact. It just made it clear that one day he would someday ask her to marry him, in hopes she would say yes.

Now he had cleared that jump, Kagome would always be at his side no matter what. She would be there when he was sad about his family, and he would be there when it came to her step father. They needed each other, badly.

Suddenly, Inuyasha's peaceful thoughts were interrupted by a familiar cry.

"PERVERT!!" Sango cried from outside the cabin door. There was a loud 'thump' and he could tell that Miroku had just been thrown to the ground.

"Sango, I swear, I tripped. I really did." Miroku was saying. The door opened and Sango stormed inside followed by Miroku who was on his knees begging. "Honest Sango, it was an accident." She slammed the door in his face, Inuyasha flinched. Kagome jerked, and opened her eyes slightly, obviously annoyed with the interruption.

"Sango, would you cool it. You're not helping Kag's headache much that way." Inuyasha said, rubbing the miserable girl's back as she started another one of her coughing fits. Sango's expression softened immediately and she forgot all about her perverted boyfriend.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Kagome. I forgot you're still pretty sick." she said softly. Kagome just waved it off and buried her head in Inuyasha's shirt, he smiled. Sango was about to go collect Miroku when she spotted her best friend's left hand. Her eyes widened with shock and she stared at Inuyasha. He nodded his head and kissed the top of Kagome's head.

Sango raised an eyebrow, smirked and left the two alone. She would finish Miroku's beating outside.
**************************
The buzzer echoed throughout the apartment. Inuyasha rushed out of the bedroom clad in only a pair of jeans and looked out the window to the front entrance. Kagome was there, dressed in black jeans and a light, white, long sleeve shirt which North Tokyo on one sleeve and Tigers on the other. He raced to the intercom by his door.

"Hey, Kag," The box crackled and popped with static.

"Hi... you gonna let me in?" she asked. He smirked and pressed the button that unlocked the door. Then he walked back to put on a shirt since it would take her a few minutes to reach his floor. The door opened.

"Morning," Kagome said as she closed the door and plopped down on the couch. "I need to get a new car, walking over here every Saturday takes more energy than I have in the morning."

Inuyasha laughed and sat down next to her. He rested his back on the arm rest and placed his legs on her lap. "So, what do you wanna do today?" he asked.

"Hmm... don't know. Why....is there some sort of special occasion or something?" she asked, rasing an eyebrow.

"Uh....no.....nothing." Inuyasha stated, hiding his slight hurt.

"Well, okay. Come on, we're meeting Sango at her house." Kagome pushed his feet to the floor and walked towards the door. Inuyasha sighed and followed. As he locked the door behind him he thought, 'Maybe she didn't remember.'
*************************
"Knock, knock," Kagome said as she and Inuyasha walked into Sango's open garage. Sango quickly spun around and smiled nervously, obviously hiding something behind her back.

"What are you doing?" Inuyasha asked. Sango faked a large sigh and smirked.

"Can't hide anything from you," Sango said and pulled out a large package wrapped in bright red paper.

"Happy Birthday," Kagome said as she too took out a blue wrapped gift. Inuyasha grinned, grabbed Kagome by the waist and kissed her quickly.

"You did remember," he said.

"Duh. What? Did you think I would forget spontaneously after like fifteen years. Yeah right." she said, and hit him gently over the head.

"Hey, ya never know." Kagome faked an annoyed look.

"Open my first!" Sango said and handed him the box. Inuyasha ripped open the paper, it was a Playstation 2 system, the only one he didn't have.

"Wow, thanks, I needed this." he said, laughing slightly.

"Yeah sure, to get even more lazy." Kagome muttered, knowing full well that he could hear her with his ears. Inuyasha handed the box to Sango and started tickling his girlfriend.

"Don't make me drop you present!!" she cried. Inuyasha sighed and released her, taking the gift from her hands. There were five video games inside a small box.

"That's not all," Sango said as she hurried outside. Inuyasha shot an curious look at Kagome. She smiled innocently.

"Miroku didn't have enough cash to buy a gift on his own since he blew most of it on Sango's birthday last month. So we decided to chip in." Kagome took his hand and pulled him towards Sango's car.
**************************
"Okay, we're here," Sango said as she got out of the driver's seat. She and Kagome had driven Inuyasha into an abandoned parking lot. Miroku was standing in front of a brand new, 2002, silver Lexus RX300. Inuyasha looked at Kagome.

"You got me an SUV?" he asked in utter shock. Kagome raised an eyebrow.

"Huh? SUV? Oh no, that's mine. Look what's behind the car." Miroku got in the car and pulled it forward a few feet to reveal a new, black motorcycle.

"No way!!" Inuyasha cried.

"Way." Kagome said, laughing hysterically at her boyfriends reaction. He swallowed her in a huge hug and spun her around and kissed her passionately.

"Hey," Miroku called, interrupting their moment. "We payed for this thing too." Inuyasha looked at Miroku with mock horror.

"I'm not kissing you!!" he said. Kagome and Sango laughed which Miroku rolled his eyes.

"Just get over here and try it out." he said. Inuyasha smirked and walked over, sitting on the leather seat and gripping the handlebars. He grabbed Kagome by the wrist and sat her in front of him, arms locked around her waist.

"You know," Miroku said. "If you want, we can trade this baby in for the gift I suggested." Sango and Kagome's eyes widened.

"Miroku!!" they shouted. "We are not buying him a hooker!!" Inuyasha nearly fell off the seat.

"Dude, Miroku, you pervert!!" he said and grabbed Kagome's left hand, his thumb rubbing against the ring on her finger. "I'm engaged!!"

"Exactly." Miroku said, still smirking. "Early bachelor party." Inuyasha hit him over the head, causing the perverted boy to fall to the pavement, out cold. Kagome sighed and shook her head while Sango gave him a few good kicks.

"Why do I date you?" she hissed.

(A/N: Hee hee, that was pointless but I wanted to do it anyway. 009)
Sign up to rate and review this story