Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Surviving High School

~*~He Wants To Play Games...We'll Play Games....~*~

by Rebel009 3 reviews

Chapter Nine

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Published: 2006-05-25 - Updated: 2006-05-26 - 2179 words

0Unrated
Chapter Nine

Kagome hadn't said one word the entire ride to the apartment, as if she was almost ashamed that the entire incident happened. She was acting as if everything was her fault. It broke Inuyasha's heart. When he parked, she didn't make any move to leave the car. He quickly got out and ran to her door to open it. He undid the seatbelt and picked the girl up gently so as not to cause her anymore pain. He would get the bags later.

Kagome really was very light, sometimes he wondered if she ever ate. He would have to change that once she moved in, but now was definitely not the time. He sat her down on the couch and ran into the bathroom to get the first aid kit. He could tell that her family had not been home for a while, and he doubted that she had enough sanity to take care of her injuries on her own.

Inuyasha grabbed the box and sat down next to Kagome, who was now shivering again. He gently took one of her palms and looked at it. There were tiny shards of glass imbedded into the skin. He quickly sprayed it with anesthetic before taking a tweezers and pulling them out. He wrapped gauze around the bleeding hand and did the same procedure with the other.

Unfortunately for Kagome, almost all of her jeans had holes in the knees. The pair she was wearing was no exception and they gave a perfect view of the many cuts she had, also filled with glass.

After about fifteen minutes, Inuyasha finally had her all cleaned up. Now he was just sitting, holding her in his lap and saying comforting things in her ear. It seemed that nothing was getting through to her. He sighed and leaned his head against her shoulder, wondering if he should give up for a while. Then Kagome started talking.

"I'm sorry," she mumbled.

"Huh?"

"I'm sorry." she repeated, this time a little louder. He grasped her chin gently, but firmly in his hand and turned it so her met her eyes.

"Kagome, this isn't your fault." he said. "Don't ever say your sorry." She pulled away.

"You don't understand. Kikyo was right." she whispered. "If you stick around with me, you're only gonna get hurt. And I don't want that to happen Inuyasha." Tears started to well up in her eyes. Inuyasha took her left hand in his, kissed it, and held it in front of her face so she could see the engagement ring.

"Kagome...I didn't ask you to marry me just so I could abandon you like that. I'm on your side. I'm always on your side. Kid, I'm in this for the long haul, so your stuck with me. I'm not going anywhere. I want you to trust me like you always did. Remember what you always say, you're not allowed to cry on your own shoulder." he pulled her down so she was resting on his head. "So cry on mine, that's what it's there for." He kissed her forehead.

Kagome stared at Inuyasha and slowly, a smile came upon her lips. He mentally sighed a giant breath of relief. She was finally beginning to cope, she would be just fine, if not a little stronger than before. That didn't change the fact that he was not going to allow her to live in that house as long as Naraku was still out there.

"Kagome, I want you tell me everything," Inuyasha said gently as he ran his hand through her hair.

(A/N: I'm not a real angst type of writer, so that's that last of that for a while. I mean of course this topic will come back, duh. How stupid would that be, we must find a way to kill Naraku. But in the meantime we are going to focus on the best part of all high school fics. THE FLUFF!!! Honest to God, next few chapters will be nothing but the good, romantic, makes-you-want-a-boyfriend-just-like-inu fluff. Yep, I'm a girl and I want a guy like Inu!!!009)
*************************
After being forced to visit the doctor by her fiancé, Kagome returned to school with a bruise near her eye, and a sprained wrist for which she wore a black wrist guard. Of course, Inuyasha became very overprotective of her and wouldn't let her do the simplest things. Example: Her backpack.

Inuyasha and Kagome drove into the school parking lot in his convertible. Kagome was just fine with Inuyasha taking joy rides on his new bike, as long as she was not on the bike with him. Sure she trusted him, but not that much.

Inuyasha had grabbed his and Kagome's backpacks and started walking with her into the school towards their lockers. Without saying a word, he grabbed the books he would need for their first half of the day, tossed her backpack into his locker, and shut the door.

"Hey, what was that for?" Kagome asked. Inuyasha nodded towards the wrist guard on her left arm. She sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Look, I told you, it's fine. It doesn't even hurt, and besides. I carry a backpack with my shoulder, not my arm."

"Yes, but you use your arm to put the backpack on your shoulders. Drop it, Kag. We have the same classes, you'll use my books."

"What about my notebooks?" she asked, crossing her arms. Inuyasha shrugged and opened his locker quickly. He grabbed two notebooks out of her bag, stuffed them in his own, and closed it again. Kagome sighed, knowing that there was no way she could win. Inuyasha smirked, took her good hand in his, and started walking to English.
***************************
It was fifteen minutes into the lunch hour and Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, and Sango were now just making their way to the cafeteria. Their World History class had been in the library last period doing research on their mid-term papers. Inuyasha and Kagome's presentation was on Feudal Japan, and since they were living together, decided that they would work on it later. Miroku and Sango were reporting on Ancient Rome, and were already finished.

So what are four teenagers supposed to do for 45 minutes trapped in a library. Create as much chaos as possible, of course!! They sat at the back corner computer desk, Inuyasha put a Linkin' Park CD in the drive, and cranked the volume up to max. Soon, the entire library was filled with rock music and the four troublemakers started dancing.

Ms. Richter marched straight up to the group, took the CD out of the drive, and broke it in half. She tossed the pieces in the garbage can and told them all to see her after class.

"That's all right," Kagome said. "It was a burned copy anyway."

Surprisingly, they had each gotten off with a warning, and a fifteen minutes lecture.

"So Kagome, does you wrist hurt?" Sango asked. Miroku and her knew all about the confrontation with Naraku, and Sango had been throughly pissed. She treated Kagome just like a younger sister.

"No, not all." Kagome replied, and then glared at Inuyasha who had his arm wrapped around her waist. "But some people just don't seem to believe that."

"Hey, hey, hey. The doctor told you to wear that wrist guard, not me." Inuyasha protested.

"Yeah, and who made me go to the doctor?" she retorted.

"Don't start.."

"I am just fine, and I'll prove it." She removed herself from his hold, tucked her T-shirt into her jeans, and did a perfect cartwheel in the middle of the hallway. She pulled the shirt back out and shot a smug look at her boyfriend, who just sighed and continued to walk with Miroku to the cafeteria. As soon as they were out of Inuyasha's hearing range, Sango walked over to Kagome, who was standing perfectly still.

"How does your wrist feel now?" Sango asked, grinning. Kagome grimaced as she answered through clenched teeth.

"Like hell," she hissed. Sango laughed, threw an arm around the girl's shoulders and continued walking towards their destination. The boys were already sitting at their usual table. Inuyasha raised an eyebrow as he noticed that Kagome was holding her wrist in a defensive position.

"I knew she was going to hurt herself," he muttered and Miroku smiled.

"Come on, Inuyasha. Did you really think Kag was going to take this sprain thing lightly? I thought you knew her better than that by now. She's gonna do everything in her power to make it difficult." Inuyasha sighed, Miroku was right. Kagome was just as stubborn as he was himself. He got up and took Kagome gently by the elbow.

"Come on, Kag. It's our turn to buy today." he said and he led her towards the food line. Halfway there he pulled her into an abandoned corner of the room. Inuyasha gently pulled off the guard and looked at her wrist, it didn't look any worse than before. He sighed in relief and put the guard back on.

"Kagome," he said, with slight exhaustion. "Why don't you just except that you're hurt? It's okay, you don't have to act like gotta prove something, especially to me. Look, it's my job to worry about you, kiddo. So just let me help you, all right?" Kagome sighed.

"All right," she whispered. He pulled her into firm hug and kissed her.

"Besides," he added as they walked back to the line. "I like worrying about you." She smacked his playfully over the head.
***************************
The pool felt like it was deserted. Today was the day that the sophomore swimming class had to go run the VITA course, which was a mile path that circled around a lake right next to the school. So the lap swim class had the pool all to themselves. All seven of them.

Miroku leaped headfirst into the freezing water of the diving area. He swam over to the side of the pool where Sango was standing in her diving team one piece. He reached his arm out of the water.

"Can you give me a hand?" he asked innocently. She grabbed it, and he yanked her into the water. When Sango surfaced, she laughed and started splashing her boyfriend. Kagome was sitting cross legged on the edge of one of the diving boards, wearing her water polo top and board shorts completely dry. She laughed as Sango dunked Miroku.

"Come on, Kagome!!" Sango cried, waving for the girl to join them. Kagome smiled, shook her head, and hugged her shoulders.

"No way, Sango. Water's way too cold, I'll go in when I'm good and ready." Sango raised an eyebrow and smirked.

"You sure about that?" she asked. Kagome nodded and looked at the girl suspiciously.

"Yeah, I'm sure."

"Then you better watch out." Kagome yelped as she felt two, warm arms wrap around her waist and lift her up. Inuyasha grinned evilly.

"Oh no, don't you dare," Kagome warned. He shrugged.

"Too late," And he tossed her into the water. Kagome opened her eyes and scowled under the water as she heard Inuyasha's morphed laughter. 'All right,' she thought. 'He's wants to play games, we'll play games.'
Thirty seconds passed. Inuyasha stopped laughing when he realized that Kagome had not come back up to the surface yet. He panicked and dove head first into the water, but his underwater vision was extremely blurry and he couldn't pick out Kagome's form anywhere.

He surfaced, wiped his eyes, and frantically looked around. Miroku looked equally concerned while Sango was trying her best to keep a straight face. She knew Kagome all too well, there was no way in hell she would let herself drown. There was also no chance that she was going to let someone have the last laugh in a prank.

Inuyasha was about to get help when he felt something grab his foot and yank him under the water. Kagome was there, smirking, and obviously running out of air. She quickly gave him a quick kiss on the lips and headed back to the surface. She then swam as fast as she could behind Sango and Miroku.

Inuyasha surfaced, glaring daggers at the cowering, yet insanely laughing girl. He motioned for his two friends to move, which they did, not wishing to feel the half demons wrath. Kagome was going to get it big time. Kagome grinned innocently, Inuyasha just shook his head. He grabbed her around the waist and dragged them both under the water.

Kagome expected him to start tickling her until she drowned or some equally evil kind of torture. Instead, he grinned, placed his hand behind her head and crushed her lips against his own. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he pulled her tighter to his body. Of course, they both got a good taste of chlorine, but neither of them really minded. Now, this kind of punishment she could deal with.

(A/N: Wasn't that cute. I updated, are you happy. Gotta go!!009)
Sign up to rate and review this story