Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Surviving High School

~*~Nothing Good Can Come From This...Absolutely Nothing...~*~

by Rebel009 1 review

Chapter Ten

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Published: 2006-05-25 - Updated: 2006-05-26 - 2891 words

0Unrated
Chapter Ten

"Oh, come on, Kagome. This is going to be fun!!" Sango whined as she dragged Kagome throughout the mall by her good arm.

"How is looking for new outfit for you going to be fun?" Kagome asked as she desperately searched for Inuyasha so he could save her from her irrational captor. "Besides," she continued. "It's only a date." Sango stopped and looked at her friend incredulously.

"Only a date? How could you possibly say that? Don't you care about your relationship with Inuyasha?" Kagome chuckled and pulled her arm away from the death grasp.

"Sango, of course I do. But Inuyasha doesn't care if I get all dressed up for him, especially since he sees me everyday. He loves me just for me, not because of some new outfit. Besides the boys are only taking us to a movie, and like the clothes I have on now. I don't have the money to buy something new every week like you do." Sango sighed.

"I guess you're right. It is silly to get all worked up about something like this. But mine and Miroku's relationship isn't as strong as yours is with Inuyasha. I suppose I'm just afraid that'll I'll do something stupid and lose him forever." Kagome smiled and put a hand on the girl's shoulder.

"You don't have to worry about something like that, I promise. Miroku loves you, I know it. You can see it in his eyes, you're not gonna lose him. In fact, I'm sure he worries about the same thing with you. Everything will be fine, you two are perfect for each other." Sango grinned.

"Thanks, Kag."

"Don't mention it. That's what I'm here for. Come on, we better head back before Inuyasha starts claiming that you abducted me. I swear, he's getting worse and worse everyday." Sango giggled.

"So, how is your arm? Has Inuyasha let you do anything with it yet?" Kagome sighed.

"Nope, nothing whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, I love how he cares about so much. But sometimes he's just gotta learn to back off." They started walking back towards the end of the mall by the food court, where the boys would most likely be. Considering it was a Saturday afternoon, it was pretty quiet and peaceful. That is, until a certain, familiar, shrill voice decided to shatter it.

"HIGURASHI!!!!"

Kagome groaned and ran a hand down her face, mumbling, "Nothing good can come from this. Absolutely nothing." They both turned around and were unsurprised to find Kikyo, hands on her hips and eyes glaring. News of the engagement had reached her ears, and she was furious. Now, it seemed to be her personal goal to make Kagome's life a living hell whenever possible.

At first, Kagome hadn't cared to much. It was just stupid stuff like hateful notes in her locker and insulting her during gym in the locker room. Inuyasha started getting angry when he found out Kikyo had been calling the apartment and giving threats, but Kagome still hadn't thought much about it. But lately, Kikyo had started to include Sango and the attacks, and that just didn't sit to well with her.

"How on earth could you be engaged to my Inuyasha?!" Kikyo screamed. People who were passing stopped and started forming a crowd around the three girls. Kagome felt a whole tidal wave of emotions as she felt the stares burn holes into her body. Anger with Kikyo and calling Inuyasha her's, annoyance that she even brought up that matter, and embarrassment on how she was drawing an audience.

"Dammit, Kikyo," Sango said. "Inuyasha never was yours. He's Kagome's and he always was. Inuyasha doesn't give a damn about you, heck he hates your guts." Kagome just stayed silent, hoping everything would work out on it's own.

"That doesn't matter. He'll learn to love me, just like every other guy in the entire school. I have them all eating out of the palm of my hand. Inuyasha will be exactly the same way, and Miroku too. That is, as soon as I get rid of you two," Kikyo said.

"Oh, and just how do plan to do that?" Sango replied challengingly. Kikyo snapped her fingers and suddenly two highschool guys appeared at her side. One had long, brown hair and piercing blue eyes. He wore blue jeans, a navy blue shirt, and a brown leather jacket. The other had black hair and was wearing skater shorts and a red t-shirt.

"Kouga/Hiten" Kagome and Sango whispered at the same time, both suddenly becoming very distressed. Kouga smirked and walked up to Kagome, putting a strong hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, Kagome," he said smoothly.

"Kouga," Kagome replied. "What are you doing here? I thought you moved with your family to America years ago."

"I did, but I came back just for you, My Kagome." he said as he stroked her cheek. She furiously whacked his hand away and slapped him hard across the face. Kouga didn't even react, she hadn't even left a mark.

"I already told you Kouga. I never liked you, not even as a friend, and I never will. So just leave me the hell alone before I get Inuyasha to break you in two."

"I can't believe you still hang around with that pathetic mutt, let alone marry him. I can't let you do that Kag. I can't let you go." Kouga said in a venomous tone. Kagome suddenly wished that Inuyasha would find her right now. She wanted him, she wanted him here so bad. She was afraid. Sure, Kouga had acted strangely before, but this was getting out of hand. He had turned into a threat rather than the dense wolf demon she had once known.

Kagome glanced at Sango who seemed to be in a similar situation with Hiten, her old stalker. The boys were no where in sight, they would have to handle this on their own and it didn't look like Sango was trying anything. She turned back to Kouga and shot him a glare with a threat that did not reach further than her eyes for on the inside she was quaking in fear.

"Get the heck away from me Kouga," she hissed. Kouga only smirked.

"What are you going to do about it? And besides, it doesn't look like Inu- boy is here to stop me. You're mine, Kagome, not that mutt's. Get it?!" he growled and pulled her against his chest. Kagome had had enough. She stomped on his foot hard with her sneaker and punched him in the jaw. He released her immediately and she tried to make a run for it. Kouga snarled, grabbed her sprained wrist to stop her and nearly crushed it in his hand. Kagome screamed and fell to her knees as tears of pain started to well up in her eyes. Kouga still held her arm tightly and threatened to dislocate her shoulder.

Sango heard her friend's cry and tried to run to her aid, but Hiten only grabbed her, pinning her arms to her waist. He was holding her so tight that her ribs were about to crack in a few minutes. It was getting hard to breathe. Kagome gasped as Kouga pulled her arm up and backwards and she felt her shoulder begin to snap. Kouga then placed his other hand tightly around the back of her neck and he knelt down beside her.

"Where's Inuyasha now?" he spoke in her ear as her tightened the hold on her neck.

"Go to hell," she whispered as she tried to refrain the tears from falling, she would not cry in front of this man. Kouga growled and dug his claws into her nearly shattered wrist. She cried out in pain, but couldn't move since she was paralyzed by his grip on her neck which was triggering all the pressure points. He then threw her to ground, hard.

The back of Kagome's head slammed against the hard wood floor and her stomach jolted with nausea. She desperately tried not to vomit as she opened her eyes to look up to a smirking Kouga. Her vision was fuzzy and disoriented, the entire world seemed to be spinning. This only made her stomach feel even more queasy.

Kouga was chuckling, and he raised his foot to kick her in the ribs, but was suddenly knocked away by a huge blow to the chest. Inuyasha was standing above her, fists clenched in rage. His growling was as loud and clear as thunder as he walked towards the shocked wolf demon. He grabbed Kouga by the collar of his jacket and pulled him close so their faces were inches apart.

"I swear," Inuyasha whispered dangerously. "If you ever lay a hand on her again, I will have no hesitation to murder you in the worst I way I think possible, you bastard. Kagome is not yours, she's mine, and I will never forgive you for hurting her." He then threw Kouga against the wall. "Now go back to America and stay there, before I change my mind and decided to kill you right here and now."

Kouga growled and then ran off towards the exit, not wishing to face to half demon's wrath any longer. Inuyasha then turned towards Kikyo whose face showed a mixture of surprise, terror, and anger.

"Kikyo!! I know you had everything to do with this, you bitch. You're such a...a...okay, I'm too mad to even think of a way to describe how much I hate you right now. Get out of here and never let me see your revolting face again, or will have no problem breaking to number one guys rule of not hitting girls." Kikyo gasped and ran out without a second warning.

Inuyasha gaze immediately softened as he turned an ran back towards Kagome, who was still lying on the ground. Her eyes were shut tight in pain and she pressed her good hand to her forehead. Inuyasha knelt down and placed his hand gently on her shoulder. He was hesitant to move her, lest she was more injured than he thought, but he really needed to check her wrist. He carefully pulled off the tattered black guard and narrowed his eyes at it's sight. It was entirely black and blood was pouring from the five deep gashes from Kouga's claws. He then turned his attention back to her face.

"Kagome...Kagome, are you all right?" he asked softly as he gently held her good hand with his free one. Kagome slowly opened her eyes and winced in pain.

"Inuyasha?"

"Hmm?"

"I think...I think I'm going to throw up." she whispered. Inuyasha squeezed her hand reassuringly and gave a small smile even though his eyes were full of concern and worry.

"I'm not surprised. You whacked your head pretty hard, kiddo. Can you move at all?" he asked, deathly afraid that her neck had been broken.

"Yeah, I'm all right, really. I'm just a little dizzy." He smiled with relief and kissed her forehead. He then picked her up in his arms and held her tight as she rested her pounding head on his chest. Inuyasha turned to see Hiten face down on the ground and Miroku embracing Sango gently so as not to injure her ribs any further.

"I'm gonna take Kag home? Are you two going to be okay?" Inuyasha asked. Miroku nodded as he rubbed Sango's back.

"Yeah, we'll be fine. Go on and take care of that wrist." Kagome looked down at her hand, winced at it's condition, and closed her eyes as she relaxed in Inuyasha's strong hold. She always felt so much safer when he was around, he would take care of everything, he would protect her from the world.
***************************
That night, Inuyasha couldn't sleep at all. He heart was full of different emotions, mostly he was worried for he could tell that Kagome was also wide awake. He could hear her tossing and turning restlessly in the bedroom next to his and he heard every little gasp of pain she let out when she accidently leaned on her left wrist the wrong way. Kouga had messed it up good, but it wasn't broken, just a few bruised bones and the bleeding had finally stopped much to his relief. But it wasn't her injuries that Inuyasha's was most concerned about. It was the fact that she had barely said two words to him the entire night, and that scared him more than anything.

She wasn't letting him help her, she was shutting him out to deal with her feelings on her own. It made him angry, upset, and mostly hurt because it felt like she didn't trust him enough to confide him. He didn't know what to do. Any first move he could make could damage her fragile state of mind completely. If he forced to talk to him, she could become defensive and totally shut him out of her life. That would be worse than hell itself. But what would happen if he let her be alone? What could that do to the poor girl? He didn't know, and it was killing him.

Suddenly, Inuyasha heard Kagome get up and out of the bed. She walked slowly out of her bedroom and into the hallway. What was she doing? Would be as simple as getting a drink of water from the kitchen or was she planning on stepping out that front door? He stayed silent and tried to focus on where she was moving. What she did do surprised him.

Kagome was standing in his doorway, arms wrapped tightly around her shoulders, hair dangling loosely in front of her eyes. She was wearing a light blue, spaghetti strapped tank top with a surfboard on the front and matching, flannel bottoms with gray shark sand white letting that said, "Watch out! I'm not a morning person!".

"Inuyasha?" she whispered. Inuyasha sat up in his bed and looked at her.

"Yeah?"

"I...I can't sleep. I'm...afraid...for some reason. I was wondering...if I could," Inuyasha smiled and motioned for to come to him.

"Come here," he said lovingly. She walked over to him slowly, eyes still glued to the floor as if she were deeply embarrassed. Inuyasha grabbed her waist and pulled her next to him, under the covers. He held her close to his chest and sighed in relief. Guess he was worried for nothing.

"I love you, Kagome," he whispered in her ear and kissed her forehead.

"I love you too," she then sat up and looked down at him. His heart almost broke when he saw the pain in her eyes. "I'm sorry, I've made you worry about me all night because I wouldn't talk to you about anything. I'm really sorry.." she said. Inuyasha sat up and grabbed her shoulders.

"It's okay," he said, pressing his forehead against hers gently. " I understand, I really do. It's just I don't like it when you try to work out these things on your own. That's what I'm here for Kag. I want to protect you, I want to help you, I want to be the person that you depend on. You just kind of scared me tonight, not wanting to talk to me."

"I know, and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I don't to make you worry about me." she then wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her head in his shirt. "I love you so much." Inuyasha wrapped one arm around her waist and placed the other hand behind her head as he stroked her hair soothingly. He kissed the top of her head and hugged her tight, silently thanking God for getting her to trust him again. Kagome sighed, pulled back enough so she was still in his arms, and laughing softly.
"Look at me, I'm supposed to be a tough skater chick, and here I am on the brink of tears for the second time today." Inuyasha smiled and leaned down to kiss her passionately. He leaned back down on the bed, pulling the girl with him so that she rested on top of his chest. Kagome wrapped her arms tighter around his neck as he ran a hand up and down her back. When they finally broke for air, Inuyasha kissed her forehead.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna tell," he said lovingly and he rubbed her cheek with the palm of his hand. Kagome smiled, kissed him lightly, and then slid off his chest to rest beside him. Inuyasha turned on his side and pulled her so that her back was against his front and rested his chin on top of her head. He purred softly, his full proof way to get Kagome to sleep, and it worked. Soon, he closed his eyes and fell into his own dreams.

(A/N: Okay, that was a little angsty and it really sucked, I know. But, I still had fluff and I had to keep Kikyo in the story somehow. You'll see. Next chapter I promise, it is all fluff. They going to go on a double date with Sango and Miroku, it will be very cute. And no Naraku, Kikyo, or Kouga. That was Kouga's one appearance. He's off the fic now, forever!!009)
Sign up to rate and review this story