Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > American Girl.

American Girl Chapter 4

by MyChemFreak 4 reviews

Zaria's feeling out of place; can Jamia make her feel better? Or will it be Ray?...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-05-18 - Updated: 2012-02-05 - 1477 words - Complete

1Insightful
I have good news... and I have not so good news. The not so good news is there mightn't be an update for the next couple of days as I have hospital appointments. The good news is; I'm working on a really long update for you guys to make up for the day's I'll be gone... Oh and there's an update under all this shit:') Imma let you read it now :]

"Well... I don't mean to be rude, but I think I'm gonna go unpack." Zaria smiled, getting up and leaving the room.

"Dude! She's awesome!" Mikey grinned looking at his brother.

"I agree with Mikey! And her name! How freakin' cool is her name?!" Frank exclaimed.

"Yeah, it's a damn awesome name." Lyn-Z laughed.

"She's gonna fit right in here." Alicia smiled.

"She doesn't think so..." Frank and Gerard said.

"How did you know?" Gerard asked his best friend.

"She was singing a line from teenagers; 'you're never gonna fit in much kid' when she was walking in before... How did you know?" Frank replied.

"Zar, told me and Lyn-Z when we were showing her to her room." Gerard sighed,

"I'm gonna help her unpack, she picked the attic I'm guessing?" Jamia smiled,

"Yeah, she did." Lyn-Z smiled. Jamia kissed Frank and headed up to the attic. When she got there she knocked on the door.

"Come in?" Called Zaria.

"Hey honey," Jamia smiled as she walked in, "Wanna hand unpacking?"

"If you don't mind," Zaria smiled handing Jamia some of the posters she'd brought with her from the orphanage and some blue tack to put them up with. "Just stick 'em anywhere for now... Dad is gonna help me paint my room tomorrow."

"You don't have to call him, Dad, in front of me. And you don't have to call Lyn-Z, Mom, either." Jamia smiled, putting up a Black Veil Brides poster. "I can tell you don't like doing it."

"How did you know?" Zaria asked, pulling out a few pairs of converse and throwing them into the bottom of her wardrobe.

"I had step-parents. I know it's not the same.. but it's similar in ways. They tried there best, but I always resented them in ways for not being my parents. I knew they didn't mean any harm. I knew they loved me just as much as my 'real' parents. But I'd often take it out on them and they really didn't deserve it." Jamia sighed, "What I'm trying to say, Zaria, is don't be too hard on Gee and Lyn-Z... They'll do their best for you, no matter what."

" I know Jamia, I know..." Zaria sighed, hanging more of her jeans and tops up in the wardrobe. "I just always wonder what it'd be like to be like Cherry or Lily or Bandit and I know they're only young; but they know their parents. And their parents are their real parents..."

"I know honey, I know. But trust me; after a while it does get easier. I think it's worse today because you've just met us all, Gee included, and you're feeling lonely in a room full of strangers. And I know that sucks. Trust me honey, I've been in that situation so many times." Jamia said, hugging Zaria close. "But just know that if you ever, ever need anyone to talk to; no matter what time it is, day or night you can come and talk to me."

"Thank you, Jamia. It really means a lot to me. You're a good person..." Zaria smiled,

"And so are Gee and Lyn-Z." Jamia smiled,

"Well, I think I'm just gonna chill up here for a bit; is that okay?" Zaria asked,

"It's fine honey, I'll send Gerard up in a bit to talk to you yeah?"

"Yeah, thanks Jamia." And with that Jamia left. Zaria sighed, and pulled her laptop out of her back. Once it was loaded she clicked on iTunes and pressed play. She was unpacking and singing along to Green Day- She's a rebel. Once she had everything unpacked she pulled out her sketch pad and a pencil. Zaria glanced around her room for inspiration, singing along with the song Rollercoaster by Blink 182 that was now playing.

"Breathing deeply, walking backwards; finding strenth to call and ask her. Rollercoaster; favourite ride, let me kiss you one last time?" Zaria sang, as she began to sketch her guitar.

"Hey honey," Gerard smiled, walking into her room.

"Hey Dad" Zaria replied, not looking up from her drawing.

"Did you get everything unpacked okay?" He asked, glancing around.

"Yeah, fine. I just put the posters up for now. I hate the walls being bare; we can take them down tomorrow when we paint, yeah?" Zaria grinned, glancing up to look at her guitar.

"Yeah, sure. I like your guitar;" Gerard commented.

"Thanks. It was my Dad's." She replied with a shrug.

"It's beautiful; how did you manage to get your hands on it?"


"He left it to me in his will. It said the minute I showed interest in playing a musical instrument I was to be given 'Amy'." Zaria explained, looking down at her sketch with a sigh and then back up at her real guitar. "This drawing is pretty shitty," She groaned.

"No it's not! That's awesome," Gerard smiled. "If you want I could help you improve though?"

"I'd love that,"

"As would I, it'll be cool." Gerard told her, "Look... I know you want to chill out up here but the guys really wanna watch a movie, and they don't wanna watch it without you... Mikey's made coffee and Frankie has skittles..."

"What movie?" Zaria asked, with a small smile.

"Nightmare on Elm street..."

"I'm coming," Zaria grinned, jumping up and racing downstairs. Gerard just chuckled to himself, and picked up her sketch book. The majority of her drawings were dark and sincister. Some were of the twin towers falling, it pained him to think that she had basically lost everything in that attack. Part of him wished that he'd done more that just dedicate a song to those whose lives had been taken.

"GEE! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE! WE WANNA WATCH THE FUCKING MOVIE!" Mikey yelled up to him. As much as Gerard loved his little brother, Mikey could be a right pain in the ass at times.

"Alright, alright." Gerard sighed as he walked into the room and sat down beside his wife; pulling her close.

All the other couples were paired up and the kids had been put to bed for an afternoon nap. Zaria sat down on her own by the tv, sipping her coffee. Frank glanced over to her. She was pretty; there was no denying that. And her emerald green eyes shone in the light; but that was something Frank noticed about her, there was little emotion in her eyes. Zaria could smile or laugh, she could glare at you or snap at you; but there was little emotion. The emotion that was always there though, was one of sadness, and Frank didn't think he'd be able to make that go away.

"Urgh, I hate this bit..." Groaned Zaria, burying her head in her hands. Ray got up and held her through the bit that scared her.

"It's over," He whispered,

"Thanks Ray," Zaria smiled; patting his 'fro as he stood up and walked back to his wife. The movie soon finished and the kids woke up, so they next put on Finding Nemo. Zaria laughed,

"I don't care how old I get, Finding Nemo rocks!" She, Frank and Mikey said in usion.

"Weirdos," laughed Alicia,

"Mom! Hug!" Bandit demanded, trying to climb onto the sofa beside her Mom. Lyn-Z picked up her daughter and held her close. Jamia did the same with Cherry and Alicia was holding Lily. Mikey laughed at his wife holding his friend's daughter, and they started having a whispered conversation as Alicia looked longingly at the child. Frank was hugging his wife and making his other daughter giggle in her small was, and Gerard was doing the same with Lyn-Z and Bandit. Zaria looked around uncomfortably,

"Want us to treat you like that?" Ray laughed, scooping her up and hugging her to his chest. "Aww, look at little baby Zaria," He cooed. Christa shook her head at him, and laughed. Zaria couldn't stop laughing as Ray tickled her and messed about.

"Stop!" She gasped, "Or... I'll put... pencils... in the... 'fro," She managed to get out between laughs.

"Nah, I don't care." Ray said, flashing her a playful evil grin. "You'll have to make me stop!" Ray grinned, tickling her more. By this point the two of them were practically rolling around the floor. The others all looked at each other and then at Ray and Zaria.

"Wow... And we thought Frankie was the immature one..." Mikey laughed,
Sign up to rate and review this story