Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Never Dying Romance

Better Than Me

by RayneFallen 0 reviews

“Why you cryin’ Daddy?” I look up to find my little Lizzy standing over me.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-05-20 - Updated: 2011-05-20 - 794 words

0Unrated
Gerard's POV

I backed up against the wall and slide down, tears running down my cheek. I heard footsteps come towards me.

“Why you cryin’ Daddy?”

I look up to find my little Lizzy standing over me. She reminds me so much of her mother. I put my head down in shame. They’re right. Both Frank and Krysti. How could I have done this to my own daughter?

“Daddy had a fight with a…close friend.”

“Is it the man that Mommy was going to put pictures on?”

“Yes baby. It was. Come on.” I got up from the floor, lifted her up and carried her into the lounge room, where I found Krysti talking to Ray again. As soon as Ray spotted me, he walked off.

“Hey baby.” Said krysti, taking Lizzy off me. “Let’s go and get you something to eat.”

“I want Daddy to come too.” Krysti looked at me, then back at Lizzy.

“Okay then.”

I followed them into the kitchen, where Krysti took out a carton on milk and some porridge and prepared it for her. When she popped it in the microwave, she turned around and asked

“What happened to Frank?”

“He…found out about Lizzy before I was ready to tell him.”

“Oh. Oh okay.”

“Did you or Ray say anything to him about it?” she turned around and got the porridge out of the microwave and put it on the counter to cool.

“No. And I talked to Ray. He just freaked out when Frank said you turned him. That’s all.”

“Shit.”

“Mommy! Daddy said a bad word!” yelled Lizzy. I couldn’t help but laugh.

“I know he did honey. But he won’t again. Will you?” she asked.

“No. I won’t.”

Krysti smiled at me and sat Lizzy at the table and gave her a spoon and her porridge. I sat down next to her and Krysti sat across me. It was only then I realised that the house was empty.

“Umm, where did everyone go?”

“Well, they heard Ray go off his nut and left. But they’ll be back in a day or two.”

“Oh. Sorry I caused trouble. I forgot Ray was a…”

“It’s okay. Umm, help me in the kitchen for a sec.”

“Sure.” So I got up and patted Lizzy on the head as she slowly consumed her porridge.

“I can’t wait till she’s 16. She’ll be a full vampire then.” I said to Krysti as she put away the milk.
“Yeah I know huh.” She turned around to face me; tears were running down her eyes.

“Gerard…” she walked over and I held her tightly in my arms. I felt like I was betraying Frankie again.

“What’s the matter? Krysti? What’s wrong?” I asked. Something didn’t feel right.

“I'm sorry. It’s just that…when we were sitting at the table, it felt like we were a family again. Ya know?”

“Yeah.” I looked down at her. Without realising it, I found myself kissing her. My mind was telling me that this was wrong. But something else told me to keep on going. We did for a while until

“Mommy! I finished!”

Our lips parted and she ran into the other room. I felt dirty. I had done it again. Betrayed Frank again. I had to find him. I went into the other room and gave Lizzy a peck on the cheek goodbye and headed out the door.

“Gerard! Where are you going!?” called out Krysti.

“I'm going to find Frankie. It’s not safe for him out here with the hunters around.” I was halfway down the road when I heard someone call out

“Oi! Wait up!”

I turned around to see Krysti and Ray running towards me. When they caught up to me, I was about to ask what they were doing when Ray said to me

“Listen, we don’t like each other. But I don’t care for now. Frank’s my mate too. And I'm gonna find him.” I turned to Krysti, noticing that Lizzy wasn’t next to her.

“Where’s Lizzy?”

“I got my sister to take care of her for tonight. I'm gonna help out too.” she sighed. I could tell that she didn’t really wanna find Frank. She just wants to help me out.

“Okay, I'm going to check if he’s been back to our place at all. Ray, you look on the outskirts of town and Krysti, you look in town.”

They nodded and ran off, headed in their separate directions, while I headed back towards our place. I just hope he’s there. Of not, God I don’t wanna think where he could be.
Sign up to rate and review this story