Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Our Time Is Running Out

Pregnancy

by AlexandraSweden 0 reviews

Gerard meets a woman ready to give birth.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2011-05-23 - Updated: 2011-05-23 - 785 words - Complete

0Unrated
Gerard woke up to the sound of a ringing alarm. He groaned and covered his ears with his hands but not even that could make the sound less annoying.
It was morning and it would have been broad daylight if the dark cloud wasn't blocking the sun and bathing the world in a dark and obscure red light.

Gerard hadn't actually seen the sun. Not in his entire life. For him it wasn't yellow. It was red.
The man reluctantly stretched his stiff muscles and got off the shabby mattress. The dusty thing to sleep on wasn't doing anything good for Gerard's back.
He felt quite low as he had no idea what he was supposed to do. He figured that looking for food was a logical thing since his stomach was aching and growling loud as a wild tiger.

Gerard was actually just counting the days until his death. The sweet release and the only thing worth looking forward to. He was sick of feeling empty and miserable.
Luckily enough he only had to walk the earth two more months. Then it would all be over.

A long time ago Gerard actually had someone to spend his time with. It was his mom but it didn't matter to him as she had been someone he could talk to and lean on. They had waited together.
Then when Gerard was nine years old his mother turned thirty. And turning thirty means dying. Gerard had felt so devastated.
He could still remember her face when the cloud embraced her. Smiling. Whispering the three little words ' I love you'.

Gerard knew that he should be angry with her for bringing him into the world of misery. But he just couldn't. It was his precious mother, after all.

Gerard had tried to copy the smiles and pleased expressions on the faces of those who were about to get their life sucked out of them. He never even got close though.
His smiles looked creepy and not warm and genuine like theirs. Trying to smile only made him feel more empty and he got the feeling that he was missing out on something amazing.

He stepped into the kitchen and scanned the shelves after something to eat. Not like there was anything on the shelves at all. They were dusty and had spider webs hanging from the edges.
Gerard groaned. He had to go to a store to get something to eat.

As most of the older and more experienced people died their knowledge went into the grave with them. There weren't many people who knew how to produce greens anymore. Not like it was possible for the plants to survive underneath the amounts of ashes lying in banks on the ground.
The small population of living people mostly fed themselves with old canned soups and dried meat.

Gerard raked his greasy hair with his fingers and sighed. He was actually afraid to go out on the streets. He was afraid that someone would kill him or that something would happen. That would result in him being reborn and having to wait 30 more years until his death.
He slipped into his shoes and grabbed his coat.

The streets were practically empty and Gerard sighed with relief. No people meant that the risk of being killed was reduced drastically. He walked towards the only store close by with quick steps. Pulling his coat closer to his body and looking down on the scuffed paving stones.
Suddenly he heard a scream. Gerard's head turned to the direction the scream came from.

By reflex he started running towards the sound and found a woman lying on the ground. Her belly was the size of an elephant. She was pregnant.
Gerard felt sad as he knew what the child was up for. 30 years of suffering and emptiness.

Her huge eyes watched Gerard and she moaned loudly and dug her fingers into her swelling stomach. "Help me!" she wailed and let out a small shriek. Gerard shook his head slowly. He didn't have the time or energy to help a stranger.
He could see the panic growing in her eyes.

"Don't go! Please, sir. I'm about to have a baby." she screeched. Gerard stared at her. It was quite obvious that she needed help. And even more obvious that she was having a baby.
"I've tried to abort the baby so many times. But it just comes back. I don't want to give birth." she rambled. Gerard didn't know what to say or do. He turned around and started walking away from the female in labor.

"Don't leave." she cried after him and he could hear her loud sobs as he walked away.
Sign up to rate and review this story