Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Monster Hunter Potter

Monster Hunter Potter

by BaronDracniil 3 reviews

MH crossover. AU Daniel Potter is declared boy-who-lived. Harry Potter is sent away for his own safety. Now things in the Wizarding World have calmed down and Lily and James are looking for their e...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Harry,James,Lily,Sirius - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2011-05-25 - Updated: 2011-05-25 - 3315 words

1Original
Disclaimer: I don’t own Harry Potter or Monster Hunter…sad, but true. I’m pretty sure that not all of you guys actually know the game monster hunter so I’m putting a link on my profile. Cheers!

Chapter 1:

Twelve year old Harry James Potter clutched the crumpled piece of parchment in his right hand. The nine year old letter, though it may not seem like it, is actually one of Harry’s most prized possessions. It was a letter his parents left with him when they dropped him off at the orphanage. His mother’s tear stains, now almost invisible after all this years.

Dear Harry,

If you are reading this, then it means that we have gone through with our plan to leave you at the orphanage. Please understand, it was dangerous times. Voldemort was gone but his supporters, the Death Eaters, still roamed free. Your brother would be the one they would be after and by extension, you. We gave you up for your own safety, for Death Eaters will surely go after us. Don’t worry Harry, once all this trouble is over, or at least lessened somewhat, we will take you back. And if your not at the orphanage by then, we WILL find you, no matter what the cost. We love you.

Love,
Mom and Dad

Reading the letter was one of Harry’s pastimes. Although it still pained him somewhat to be given up like that, he knew that it also hurt his parents as well. For another thing, the letter gave him hope. Hope that his family, his blood family, is out there looking for him. Maybe he shouldn’t have left the orphanage, but he was panicking and his accidental magic acted up, bringing him to the Hunter Guild.

He gazed out the window, thinking of his current family. Raven and Acacia, or as he liked to call them Ray and Ash, were like a brother and a sister to him, always watching his back, be it from bullies or a hungry Rathian. He smiled at the memory of a red faced, thirteen year old Ray asking out an equally red Ash.

He turned to survey the room. He owned a decent sized manor with a master bedroom, six guest rooms (two of which usually held an occupant. Three guesses who.), a large kitchen (he always liked cooking and Ray usually drops by for dinner. Seriously, that boy could kill a Fatalis with his cooking.), a potions laboratory and a training grounds outside. He also had several passageways built in, one of which leads to his private stores. Harry grinned, thankful that he had the manor built from scratch, paid for by his rather large fortune, which includes both Wizarding money and Muggle money.

Harry’s fortune started out from an almost empty Gringotts vault when he visited the local Wizarding center, Vertick Alley. Being the Guild’s top hunter, at age twelve, pays well though, and soon, gold was flowing in. Harry reached this spot because of his amazing reflexes and resourcefulness. He also follows his instincts and reads quite a lot. He bought almost half of Vertick alley’s bookstore and a copy of each Monster Guide book published by the Guild. He was rather fascinated by wand lore and craftsmanship, and in no time at all, he made a wand of his own.

He fingered the mossy green wand fondly. He remembered each and every detail quite clearly. Nine inches made of dragonwood, with a core of a single Kushala Daora fang dipped in his own blood.

Blood magic was another thing that interested Harry. He learned that by infusing his weapons with his blood (i.e. magical core dipped in his blood, his blood mixed in the metal to be used in a blade etc.), doing certain rituals and inscribing the correct runes, he can pull these weapons to his blood. This lets him call these weapons from anywhere with just a thought. A rather useful skill to have when getting disarmed in the midst of a hunt, he mused, as he looked at the bronze work of art hanging on the wall. The first sword HE forged, adding his blood to the molten Kushala Daora scales. He called it Air Render, after the creature from which it was made. He didn’t know why, but Harry found a strange fascination for the metal skinned, wind manipulating Elder Dragon, considering…

Harry shook himself out of his grim thoughts when another thing came to him. He remembered that he called the manor “Daora’s Lair”. Harry groaned.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“It’s been two years, Lily.” James said as he plopped down on the seat next to his wife. Lily sighed.

“I know James, but we promised him in that letter, that we would not give up until we find him.” She replied.

It was the beginning of summer vacation and the whole Potter-Black-Lupin family was having a rather noisy reunion at Potter Manor. Daniel Potter, the Boy-Who-Lived, has just finished his second year at school. He had auburn hair and glittering hazel eyes. He had a mischievous smirked that screamed “PRANKSTER!”

He was talking to his sisters about Hogwarts. Every Wizarding child looked forward to their Hogwarts letter, and the three Potter daughters were no different. They listened attentively to their older brother as Daniel told them of the fraud, Lockhart and how he rescued Ginny from the basilisk. He told them of how he grabbed Ginny and dragged her away from the chamber, trying hard not to look at the basilisk’s eyes when Fawkes appeared and whisked them away. Dumbledore destroyed the diary and the Basilisk stayed in the chamber with no one to order it around.

Identical ten year old twins, Harriet and Harley Potter, sat on each side of their brother, listening intently to his stories, forgetting for the moment about their birthday the next day. They looked just like each other, red haired with black highlights and hazel eyes, except for Harriet’s “calm and collected” look as opposed to Harley’s “hyperactive kid” look. Both were also looking forward to going to Hogwarts that September.

Liliana Potter, eight-year old, sat on her mother’s lap. She was a female replica of Harry, with raven black hair and startling green eyes. She listened intently as her brother rambled on about the different teachers at Hogwarts. But, she also noticed the sad look on her mother’s face.

“Mommy? Are you thinking about big brother again?” she asked. Lily smiled at her.

“Yes, I am Ann.” She said, her eyes glassy.

Sirius Black, prankster extraordinaire, looked at her and grinned. He had an arm around his wife, Sapphire. Sapphire was a half veela, the veela features prominent, including the blonde hair and blue eyes which fits her name aptly.

“Why don’t you try to write him a letter Lils. Worth a shot.” He said cheekily. Albus has been sending various Order members to search for the boy and it was cutting into Sirius’ family time. He loved his godson to bits, yes, but he needed a break every now and then. Lily brightened up, before nodding and dashing out of the kitchen leaving a very confused James and an amused Sirius behind. Sapphire shook her head at her husband’s antics before turning her attention to her twelve year old daughter.

Stella Black was born just a day after Harry and Daniel entered the world. She had her father’s ebony hair and her mother’s sapphire eyes. Sapphire knew that her daughter would turn heads when she got older. Stella was smart. She loved to read and could usually be found in the Potter or Black library. But she is not just a bookworm. She had her father’s blood in her after all and she was usually the one who came up with the best pranks. Most likely why she didn’t get into Ravenclaw, Sapphire mused. Stella was in Gryffindor like Daniel. Most of the family probably would.

She watched her other two children as they bickered. Orion, who turned twelve last week, was Sirius’ son through and through. Loud, has a certain flair for pranks, impulsive and yet, extremely brave and loyal. The only thing he inherited from his mother was the blue eyes. Actually, all of her children have her blue eyes as she watched her youngest smack Orion on the head. Amethyst, or Amy as they call her, had a darker shade of blue for her eyes and also her father’s black hair. She is as loud as her brother and also likes pranks but she was closest to Harley Potter. Those two are like peas in a pod, she mused, kind of like James and Sirius back in their school days. Amy was looking forward to going to Hogwarts with the twins. In fact, she and Harley usually spend sleepovers jumping around in excitement, to Harriet’s annoyance.

“TEDDY REMUS LUPIN!” Tonks yelled from the living room as a purple haired twelve year old ran behind his “Uncle Sirius”. Remus chuckled at his son and smartly decided to stay out of his irate wife’s way. Sirius, however, was a different matter altogether. He grinned at the little Metamorphmagus. Nobody really knew Teddy’s real appearance. He managed to change his looks, albeit accidentally, just an hour after he was born. Tonks was so proud. Eleven year old Teddy loved pranks. His Metamorphmagus abilities made it easier to avoid getting caught. But, of course, her mother, being a Metamorphmagus herself, always knew who did what. It annoyed Teddy to no end. Remus smiled at his wife as she entered the dining room, her hair bright red in anger. Sirius stepped in front of the cowering Teddy.

“How are you Nymphadora?” he asked casually. Big mistake.

“Don’t call me Nymphadora!” Tonks yelled as she jabbed her wand at Sirius, turning his hair hot pink. Sirius squealed like a girl and cowered under the table. Sapphire shook her head and addressed Remus.

“Why did I marry him again?”

“Because you said you loved his easygoing attitude and-“ Sapphire cut him off.

“Alright, alright. Jeez, Moony, must you always be logical?” she said. Remus smiled at the nickname. And before more chaos could ensue, Lily dashed into the room, waving a piece of parchment in their faces.

“It’s done! A letter to Harry!” she exclaimed.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Harry couldn’t believe his eyes. There was an owl, who dropped an envelope on his steak, dipped her beak in his glass of water and hooted at him before flying away. What’s more, Ray and Ash just watched amusedly.

“So…” Ray finally said, as he shoved more meat into his mouth, “I believe I owe you for not believing that wizards use owls for mail, huh? How much?”

Harry, still staring at the envelope in shock, answered.

“A couple pieces of Kut-Ku scale, I think.”

“You sure it’s not a vial of Gypceros venom?”

“I’m sure.”

Ash chuckled upon seeing that Harry bantered with Ray, still with a wide-eyed look on his face. Then she looked at her younger “brother” in concern.

“Are you okay, Ri?” she asked. Ray seemed to notice her concern for the boy and kept quiet. Harry looked at his ‘family’ before answering.

“I don’t know. I’ve always hoped that they would find me. I…I’m afraid to open it. What if they don’t want me anymore?” he asked, tears forming in his eyes. Ash and Ray was surprised. They never saw Harry cry before. Ash stood up and put her arms around Harry.

“Don’t be silly, Ri. They’re your family. They gave you up so you could be safe.” Ray and Harry snorted. Running around jungles, deserts and mountains while chasing around huge monsters was safe?

“Don’t worry Ri,” Ray added, “If they took the time to send you a letter, then that means that they wanted to talk to you. That’s good, right?” he added as an afterthought.

Harry wiped his eyes before opening the envelope.

Dear Harry, (Harry smiled, which relieved his ‘siblings’ to no end)

I’m sorry it took so long. Albus deemed it safe a couple of years ago and we had the entire Order searching for you. The others have given up, but we promised you that we would take you back, no matter what the cost. So Sirius suggested I write you a letter. Seriously, why didn’t I think of that? Anyways, I’d LOVE to hear from you, Harry. How is your life? Do you have friends? Where are you staying? Oh, there’s so much I want to ask you! Anyways, let me tell you about home. Well, you know Daniel already. He’s going to Hogwarts for his third year this September! Oh, I hope you know about Hogwarts wherever you are. You also have three sisters. There’s Harriet and Harley and they said they want to meet the brother who is also part of the ‘Har’ team. Seriously, where do they come up with these stuff? Probably your father’s influence. There’s also Little Liliana. She’s so cute! She’s always asking about the older brother she never met. You’d love her, I know it! Well…that’s it for now, I guess. Um…If it helps, we live at Potter Manor at Godric’s Hollow..bye! We love you!

Love,
Mom

Harry looked up at his friends, a huge smile on his face, tears of joy leaking from his eyes.

“Potter Manor in Godric’s Hollow.” He whispered. Ash and Ray beamed at him when they realized the implications of that sentence. They knew of Floo travel because both Daora’s Lair and Ash-Ray Residence was connected to it. Harry always called it AshTray Residence.

Ash squeezed Harry tighter, while Ray stood up and patted him on the back.

“Don’t forget about us, Ri.” Ash said after a while, her eyes glassy. Harry raised an eyebrow.

“We’re all connected to the Floo, Ash. And I have to check on the Lair sometimes.” He said. Ash just nodded before whispering conspiratorially.

“Send me a care package soon, Harry. I’m going to need it.” She said, looking pointedly at ray who rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.
Then, it was Ray’s turn for goodbyes.

“See you, squirt,” he said, making Harry glare at him. Truth be told, all three were lean and fit for their age. Probably all that running and jumping. “Make sure you send Trish to warn them before popping out of the fireplace.”

Harry nodded before dashing upstairs to fetch his Hypnocatrice.

He entered his room, tossed a few clothes, his wand and a photo album into his backpack. He thought about bringing Air Render but decided against it. He can summon it anyway. He pulled on his Chameleos hide cloak, checking the many daggers and vials in its folds. Satisfied, he scribbled a short note and handed it to Trish to deliver to Potter Manor.

Trish was a baby Hypnocatrice, about two months old. Harry took care of her since she was an egg and she became extremely protective of Harry. Like all Hypnocatrices, she has rainbow colored feathers and can breathe out sleeping gas. It helped Harry through a couple of nightmares.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Breakfast was a quiet affair, mainly because most people were still like the living dead by that time. Everyone slept over at Potter Manor the previous night so Lily and Sapphire found themselves busy preparing breakfast for fourteen half-asleep people. Although James was woken rather roughly when a rainbow colored bird flew down and landed in front of him. Sirius, Daniel, Orion and Teddy laughed while the others just looked interested. Suddenly, Lily screamed.

“That’s a baby Hypnocatrice!” This caught everyone’s attention and all of them stood up. The adults drew their wands. Hypnocatrices were extremely dangerous. It was classified as a wyvern, which is deemed more powerful than dragons. Although Elder Dragons are a different story.

“What’s it doing here?” James whispered to Sirius who shrugged. Daniel, however, noticed something.

“Mum! Dad! There’s a letter tied to its leg!” he screamed. The Hypnocatrice cocked its head and jutted out said leg. Lily looked at James who stepped forward nervously. He slowly reached out his hand and untied the parchment. Seeing that the Hypnocatrice wasn’t attacking him, he worked faster and removed the wyvern’s burden. They Hypnocatrice made a soft purring sound before flapping its wings and flying into the sky. James read the name at the bottom of the parchment and fell down in shock. The others rushed to help him as Liliana picked up the parchment.

“It’s from big brother!” she exclaimed, getting the attention of everyone in the room.

Dear Family,

Um…hi, this is Harry. I received your last letter and decided to just…drop by, I guess. But I thought it would be polite to send a message first so I sent Trish out. I’ll just wait for Trish to get home then I’m off…I guess. As for where I went, I travelled a lot. I’ve been in jungles, deserts, mountains, ancient ruins and swamps. As for friends…um, I have a couple of really good ones. My life is…well, I don’t know. It’s good, I guess. I can’t believe I feel awkward WRITING A LETTER! Sorry, don’t mind that… I guess, I’ll see you later then. I love you too.

Harry James Potter (or Ri for short)

Lily was gobsmacked. Harry had written back! He glanced at Sapphire and guessed what she was thinking. It’s time to cook a feast enough for twenty people again. Everyone caught the look and grinned. They won’t go hungry today.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Harry double checked everything again. He let Trish just fly back to the Manor after he left. His wand, check. Clothes, check. Gringotts key, check. Chameleos cloak, check. Various hidden weaponry, poisons and healing potions, check.

He looked back at his friends, both of whom were trying to hold back tears. Harry grinned.

“See you guys. I’ll visit at least twice a week.” The other two brightened up and nodded. Harry continued. “I get dibs on best man and godfather!” he jeered before tossing the Floo powder in the flames and stepping in, leaving behind a very embarrassed couple.

He stepped out of the Potter’s fireplace gracefully and looked around. It felt so…homey. So lived in. His manor was usually empty, aside from two love struck teenagers and a preteen. Then he heard a yelp.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Everyone was in the living room nervously waiting for the doorbell to ring. Lily insisted on having it installed. Daniel was staring at the door, looking forward to meeting his twin. Harriet looked impassive, but those who knew her knew that she was looking forward to the reunion. Harley and Amethyst were, as expected, failing to keep still in excitement. They twitched every now and then. Orion and Stella were looking nervous. James and Lily were probably the worst of the lot. Sirius thought that the couple seemed to be a bunch of nerves. Sapphire was looking at the door apprehensively while Tonks was sitting on Remus lap. Sirius was just excited to see his first ever godson. Then they heard Liliana, who went to the bathroom a while ago, yelp in surprise. Thinking that something is wrong, James pulled out his wand and started to walk towards the kitchen when they saw Liliana drag a black haired, green eyed someone to the room.

“He Flooed in!” she announced.
Sign up to rate and review this story