Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Monster Hunter Potter

Introductions

by BaronDracniil 1 review

Harry gets introduced to the family...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Humor - Characters: Harry,James,Lily,Sirius - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-05-25 - Updated: 2011-05-25 - 3507 words

0Cliche
Author’s Note: I no own Harry Potter and Monster Hunter. They belong to J.K. Rowling and Capcom respectively. As for Harry not being ** off at his parents, he may be mature for his age but he’s twelve. He still keeps hoping and the fact that his parents left him a letter saying that they will have him back fueled that hope even more. As for Lily and James having more children after abandoning Harry, Harry was already away before the twins were born. Let’s just say that Sirius and Remus didn’t know of their decision of giving Harry away and when they found out, they prevented them from doing the same to the twins. Now, nobody commented on this but I messed up the timeline to make Tonks older so she wouldn’t end up having Teddy while she’s six or seven. Cheers!

Previously: Everyone was in the living room nervously waiting for the doorbell to ring. Lily insisted on having it installed. Daniel was staring at the door, looking forward to meeting his twin. Harriet looked impassive, but those who knew her knew that she was looking forward to the reunion. Harley and Amethyst were, as expected, failing to keep still in excitement. They twitched every now and then. Orion and Stella were looking nervous. James and Lily were probably the worst of the lot. Sirius thought that the couple seemed to be a bunch of nerves. Sapphire was looking at the door apprehensively while Tonks was sitting on Remus lap. Sirius was just excited to see his first ever godson. Then they heard Liliana, who went to the bathroom a while ago, yelp in surprise. Thinking that something is wrong, James pulled out his wand and started to walk towards the kitchen when they saw Liliana drag a black haired, green eyed someone to the room.

“He Flooed in!” she announced.

Chapter 2
Harry shuffled uncomfortably as he studied the people in front of him. He recognized his parents, his father gaping at him and his mother wide-eyed. He saw a rather handsome black haired man beside his dad, an arm around a blue-eyed blonde. Harry assumed that they were married, seeing the three children with the same blue eyes their mother had. He saw another person with light brown hair and a thoughtful look in his eyes. There was a pink haired woman sitting on his lap. He looked at the children and saw his twin, Daniel, the Boy-Who-Lived. He had nothing against Daniel, he could have all the fame he wants and Harry would never be jealous. In fact, he was looking forward to getting to know his brother. His eyes landed on two identical red haired girls. Harry thought that the black tips of their hair are kind of cool. One of them stared at him passively while the other had an aura of excitement. He also saw a weird looking boy. He had neon blue hair, and his eyes are colored in the exact same shade of blue as his hair. Not to mention the fact that he was wearing a sky blue shirt and light blue jeans. That is a lot of blue, he thought amusedly.

“Uh…hi?” he said, uncertainly. It seemed to break the ice and before anyone knew it, he found himself engulfed in a bone breaking hug by his mother.

“HARRY! I missed you so much, how are you? Do you eat well? Where did you live?...” This continued on and on and on and on…Well, you get the idea.

“Hey Lily! We really should tell Albus about this. He’s going to send Alastor to look for Harry tomorrow.” Sirius said, chuckling all the while as Lily jumped away from Harry before dragging James and Sirius to the fireplace, Remus and Tonks laughing as they followed. Sapphire glanced at the kids before deciding to just let them bond for a bit.

“I’m going to make sure that dinner will be ready soon. No doubt, Lily is going to invite every member of the Order who’s available for tonight.” She said, before standing up and heading for the kitchen. Then she called out.

“Make yourself at home, Harry! Technically, this is your home… Be nice, kids!”

Everyone turned to stare at Harry who twitched under all the scrutiny. He had enough of that back at the Guild. Look! It’s the youngest hunter ever!...He’s supposed to be the best!...He’s just a child!...He killed a Kushala Daora!. The last one triggered a lot of emotions in Harry, as he fingered his necklace. It was a simple chain of silver, but attached at the end, glinting even in darkness, was a Daora Claw.

He stared back at his, dare he say it, family. Then he felt elation. He had a family! Sure, Raven and Acacia were like his family, but this was his blood family! Then elation made way to something else.

They were kin! His own flesh and blood! Those who dare harm them will fall, their blood shall be drawn and their bones broken… What?

Harry shook himself out of the stupor. Where did all that bloodlust come from? He was brought back to reality when Daniel spoke.

“So…you’re my brother, huh?” he asked. Harry smiled.

“Apparently, yes.” Then they both laughed loudly. They were always close when they were toddlers and it seems that all these years apart haven’t changed that. He turned his attention to the little one beside him. She beamed back at him and he felt a sense of over protectiveness envelope him.

Wind will shred to pieces, those who are foolish enough to hurt her.

Harry was confused now. He knew that they were his family but weren’t these thoughts a bit too much?

“You’re Liliana, right?” he asked the small girl who nodded vigorously. Harry smiled at his enthusiastic sister.

“You’re my big brother! Mommy is always wishing that you were here and now Mommy got her wish!” Liliana ranted even more as she hugged her brother who just chuckled before looking up at the others. The twins must be Harriet and Harley.

“So, which one of you is Harriet and which one is Harley?” he asked. The serious looking one stuck out her hand.

“I’m Harriet.” She said primly. Harry took her hand and felt a slight tingle. He shook it off. He’d had worse from a couple of Khezu. He smiled at her.

“Joy buzzer, huh? Nothing beats the classics.” He said, chuckling. Harriet looked at him in shock.

“You’re not even affected?” she asked. The others were nodding their heads. Harriet rarely does pranks, only on special occasions, but her thoughtful face does not mean she is thinking deep philosophical things. No, she is thinking of pranks. She is James’ daughter, after all. Harley beamed at Harry.

“Hi! I’m Harley! I’m your sister! Well, of course you know that… I love pranks and my family, including you, of course. Oh and by the way, welcome to the Har club!” she said, before giving Harry a hug. Harry looked puzzled.

“Har club?” he asked. Harriet was the one who answered.

“Both our names start with ‘Har’ so we made a group name for ourselves, sort of like Dad and the Marauders. Since your name starts with ‘Har’, you get an automatic membership.” She explained in an official tone which made Daniel, the blue boy and the other black haired boy laugh. Then, ‘Blue Boy’ stepped forward and eagerly shook Harry’s hand.

“My name’s Teddy Lupin, my father was the serious looking guy and my mom was the one with the pink hair. We’re both Metamorphmagi and my dad’s a werewolf!” Teddy exclaimed proudly. The others shushed him, then he realized what he said and looked at Harry worriedly.

“Wow, that is so cool! Did you know that there is a potion which allows the werewolf to have control during the full moon?” Harry said. The others sighed in relief then Teddy frowned.

“There’s a potion like that?” he asked. Harry nodded before going on an explanation on the neutralizing effects of cactus leaves on aconite which left the other kids slightly bored. When he finished, the black haired boy shook himself out of his pseudo-sleep and gave Harry a one-armed hug.

“Black, Orion Black.” He said. Lily always wanted Muggle stuff in the house which is how Harriet got hold of a joy buzzer. It also resulted in Orion’s love of James Bond. Harry chuckled.

“Nice to meet you, Orion. Now would you please remove the ‘Kick Me’ sign on my back?” He replied. Orion looked shocked but nodded and removed the sign he put there. Orion’s younger sister then shoved Orion away before staring at Harry with sapphire blue eyes.

“I’m Amethyst. My best friend is Harley Potter and my dad is Sirius Black. My mom is Sapphire Black. And I’m telling you this because no one bothered to tell you the names of the adults.” She added, pointedly looking at the others. Harry chuckled and turned to Teddy.

“So, what are your parents’ names?” he asked

“My dad’s Remus Lupin and my mom is Nymphadora Tonks Lupin, though she hates her first name and prefers to be addressed using her maiden name.” he said, grinning slightly at the last part. Harry looked confused.

“Why? It’s a wonderful name and means ‘Gift of the Nymphs’?” he asked. Teddy shrugged. Harry turned to the last person, who had remained silent all the while. Harry remembered her from his first three years of life. Stella Black. She looked different from the toddler that he used to play with. In fact, she looked downright beautiful…Wait, what? Confused, Harry addressed Stella.

“Long time no see, Stella.” He said. Stella stared at him before turning bright red and dashing out of the room. Then, everyone laughed. Except for Harry, who just looked baffled.

==============================page break==============================

Unknown to the children, Sapphire could hear them talking all the way from the kitchen. She heard Daniel laugh with Harry and smiled. Those two were inseparable when they were young. She heard Liliana rant on about Lily wanting her son back. When she heard Harriet’s over polite tone, she knew that something was afoot.

“Joy buzzer, huh? Nothing beats the classics.” She heard Harry say. But what Harriet said next stunned her.

“You’re not even affected?”

Harriet rarely does pranks, but when she does, it was so unexpected that it almost never fails. Frowning slightly, Sapphire continued her “information gathering” as she called it. She heard Harley go on about the Har club and then paled when Teddy announced that his father was a werewolf.

How would Harry react? Would he hate Remus? Would James hate him for hating Remus? Would the Potter and Lupin families drift apart? Then she heard Harry talking about a potion to help werewolves and drone on about the effects of this plant to that plant. Sapphire sighed. She never was a Potions expert. That was Lily’s area. But hearing a twelve, almost thirteen, year old talking about oxidation reactions and acid-base relationships unnerved her. How smart was he?

She heard Orion do the James Bond introduction and sniggered softly. She heard Harry’s response and she knew that all the pranksters would be after him. He foiled both Harriet and Orion’s attempts! Amazing!

Then it was Amy’s turn to introduce herself and she grinned when she heard her daughter reprimanding everyone for not telling the names of the adults. Such a nice girl…when she’s not in a Marauder mood. Then, she’s devious.

She heard Teddy tell Harry his parents’ names and almost laughed out loud when Harry asked Teddy why his mother hated the name ‘Nymphadora’. Sapphire filed the term ‘Gift of the Nymphs’ for later use. (Translation: Blackmail)

Sapphire’s eyebrows rose when she heard Harry address her eldest by name. She shouldn’t have been surprised. Those two were great friends. She wanted to hear her daughter’s response when said daughter burst into the kitchen, cheeks red. Sapphire went into mother mode and hugged her daughter.

“What’s wrong?” she asked. Stella glared at her.

“Nothing.” She mumbled. Sapphire grinned at her knowingly before setting the table. She would talk to Stella later. She peeked into the living room and saw a very confused look on Harry’s face while the others are laughing. So, she thought, he has no clue at all. This would be fun. Soon, the Marauders plus Sapphire would begin Operation: Matchmaker.

==============================page break==============================

Lily exited the fireplace dragging a protesting Sirius and an amused James behind her. They were shortly followed by Remus and Tonks. Dumbledore looked up from his table, his eyes twinkling. Fawkes let out a short trill.

“What can I do for you today, Lily? Oh, and would you like a lemon drop?” Albus asked. Lily smiled, relieving Albus. He thought that there was trouble somewhere.

“Call the Order, Albus.” Then again, maybe there IS trouble.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, going into serious mode. James and Sirius laughed while Remus shook his head.

“Huh? Nothing’s wrong Albus, we’re having dinner!” Lily exclaimed. The twinkle returned in Albus’ eyes.

“What’s the occasion Lily?” he asked. Lily then went ahead and told Albus the full story. By the end of it, Albus was beaming.

“Very well, Lily. I’ll have everyone available head over to Potter Manor tonight. I especially missed your tiramisu.”

==============================page break==============================

The entire family was soon comfortable in the den, waiting for the Order of the Phoenix to arrive. Tonks was happily chatting with Sapphire. Remus, James and Sirius were conspiring in hushed whispers. Harley and Amy were annoying the hell out of Harriet. Daniel was whispering to Stella and pointing at Harry at times. Stella was beet red and would occasionally hit Daniel on the head. Teddy and Orion were trying to eavesdrop on the Marauders. Liliana was sitting on Harry’s lap. Lily smiled at them. Her eldest seemed extremely fond of her youngest. She considered Harry her eldest because he is older than Daniel by four minutes.

“So, Harry, the children didn’t annoy you too much, did they?” she asked, trying to start a conversation, while looking pointedly at Daniel, Teddy and Orion. Harry smiled.

“No, mum.” He replied. Eager to tell the family about his new ‘cousin’, Teddy piped up.

“Harry is so cool! He doesn’t care that you’re a werewolf, dad! He even said that there was a potion that helps werewolves! Don’t ask him though, it was boring talking about it.” This shocked all the adults in the room. Remus looked at Harry, trying not to be too hopeful.

“I-Is that true, Harry?” he asked. Silence filled the room as everyone awaited Harry’s answer.

“Yes,” he said finally, “it’s called the Wolfsbane Potion and if taken once a day during the week of the full moon, it allows the person to have full control of the transformation.”

Lily frowned.

“Harry, I know that you’re trying to raise Remus’ spirits, but it’s not fair to give him false hope. A potion like that doesn’t exist.” She said. Harry looked at her.

“It does.” He replied, his tone a bit firm. Lily sighed.

“I haven’t heard of it.” Harry laughed, confusing them. There was nothing funny about what Lily said, was there?

“Of course, you haven’t. I made it.” He said. Shocked looks ensued. Lily looked at Harry warningly.

“Harry, there’s no need to lie. We love you even if you did not create a miracle potion or something…” Remus cut her off.

“But what if he’s telling the truth?” Remus said, a little desperate.

“Of course I’m telling the truth. Cactus leaves have a poison neutralizing effect and when mixed with the basic properties of aconite, or wolfsbane and added to an acidic solution…” Harry droned on again. Everyone was stunned and Lily, who was the only one that understood the potions terminologies, was astounded. It could work!

Remus saw the light in Lily’s eyes and he knew, even if he didn’t understand some of the things that Harry said, that Harry was telling the truth. Hope filled his heart and he felt Tonks squeeze his hand.

Then, the Order arrived.

==============================page break==============================

Severus Snape was not a happy person. He was about to eat dinner at his enemies’ house. Then again, Lily was there so it couldn’t be that bad. He looked around to see everyone who was going to the celebratory dinner for the return of one of Potter’s spawn. He saw Albus, Minerva, Filius, Molly Arthur, their four youngest, Alastor and Arabella. With a great sigh, he stepped into the fireplace.

Lily was excited. Harry has returned, he has a potion that could help Remus and his oldest friend was with the Order! She welcomed the Order and led them outside, where the table was set. She couldn’t wait to show Harry’s potion to Sev.

The children sat at one end of the table, talking animatedly with each other. Stella was seated beside Harry, her face flushed. Ron, who was seated across Harry, started talking to him.

“Hey mate, remember our prank last year?” he asked. Harry sighed.

“I’m not Daniel.” He said and he pointed to his twin who was laughing at Ron’s mistake, along with two red headed boys who looked alike. Ron turned red and apologized.

“Sorry, mate. You two look alike. You must be Harry? Nice to meet you. I’m Ron Weasley.” He said, shaking Harry’s hand.

“Harry Potter.” Harry replied, “but you can call me Ri, something which no one around here does.”

One of the red headed twins sighed deeply and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Don’t worry mate. We know how you feel.” He said. His twin continued for him.

“We always wanted to be-“

“Gred and Forge-“

“But everyone insisted-“

“On calling us-“

“Fred and George.” They finished together. Harry grinned and pointed at Daniel.

“We have got to do that!” he said. At this, Harley and Harriet looked at each other, in silent conversation.

At the other end of the table, the adults were talking about Harry. Molly was quite excited at the prospect of having another child to fuss over. Severus looked indifferent. Minerva and Filius were asking if Harry would go to Hogwarts and Albus just watched everyone. James and Sirius were trying hard not to antagonize Severus while Remus, Sapphire and Tonks talked about this and that. Then, Lily handed Severus a roll of parchment. Everyone looked at her questioningly as Sev took the parchment, unrolled it and skimmed over the contents. His eyebrows shot skyward. The table fell silent upon seeing the surprised look in the usually emotionless Potion Master’s face.

To say that Severus was surprised, is an understatement. The parchment contained a list of potion ingredients and instructions, with several erasures and modifications here and there. At the end was the complete list and what he saw stunned him. His brilliant mind started to mentally simulate the effects of the item combinations and he couldn’t help but gasp.

“L-Lily,” he finally said, “This is a breakthrough! A potion to grant werewolves control over their wolf forms during the full moon! Brilliant!” Molly, Arthur, Albus, Minerva and Filius choked on their food. It was quite comical. Lily beamed.

“That parchment is Harry’s.” she said. Severus looked at the Potter boy and saw him eating his food as he listened to the loud conversation his siblings and ‘cousins’ were having. Impossible! A child. His train of thought was broken when Alastor grunted.

“I can’t see through that cloak.”

==============================page break==============================

Harry watched the adults as Lily gave his potion instructions to a greasy haired man. He seemed familiar, somehow. He saw the grizzled man looking at him with the magical eye, but he didn’t mind him so much. Nothing can see through Chameleos hide. Thermal, X-Ray, Infrared, nothing works. If Harry so wished, even the naked eye can not see it. It was like an activatable Invisibility cloak. Harry sniggered seeing the man’s expression. Probably found out that the cloak can’t be seen through. He turned away from the man to listen in on the argument between Teddy and Orion. He glanced at the bright red Stella. Why is she all red? Is she sick? Maybe I should tell someone?

She’s sick! He has to search for a cure! And no mercy shall be shown to those who dare stand in his way!

Harry mentally slapped himself. What is with him and these thoughts?
Sign up to rate and review this story