Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Monster Hunter Potter

AshTray

by BaronDracniil 0 reviews

Harry visits his friends from the Guild...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Humor - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-05-25 - Updated: 2011-05-25 - 3487 words

0Cliche
Oh, and about Harry not hating his family, I needed a situation where Harry and his family have a reunion as the plot revolves around it somewhat and the abandon Harry gig was the first one that came to mind.

Previously: Harry watched the adults as Lily gave his potion instructions to a greasy haired man. He seemed familiar, somehow. He saw the grizzled man looking at him with the magical eye, but he didn’t mind him so much. Nothing can see through Chameleos hide. Thermal, X-Ray, Infrared, nothing works. If Harry so wished, even the naked eye can not see it. It was like an activatable Invisibility cloak. Harry sniggered seeing the man’s expression. Probably found out that the cloak can’t be seen through. He turned away from the man to listen in on the argument between Teddy and Orion. He glanced at the bright red Stella. Why is she all red? Is she sick? Maybe I should tell someone?

She’s sick! He has to search for a cure! And no mercy shall be shown to those who dare stand in his way!

Harry mentally slapped himself. What is with him and these thoughts?

Chapter 3

Severus Snape knew that he was a brilliant Potions Master. One of the best, in fact. He invented potions and modified them, but if there’s one potion he hasn’t seen, it’s a potion to help werewolves. It’s not a cure but it’s as close to it as you can get. He looked at the instructions again, reading it carefully and trying to see if there’s anything he can do to improve it. He found nothing. And to think that this potion is invented by a child! Granted, it’s only pure theory, but he knew that it would only be a matter of time before Lupin tried it. He decided, then and there that the long lost spawn of Potter, Harry, could be more like Lily than he thought.

Harry’s gaze landed on the greasy haired guy who was introduced as Severus Snape. The adults were talking about Death Eaters, whatever they are, and some fellow named Voldemort. He snorted inwardly. Flight from Death? How naïve can you get? He amused himself by watching the almost giddy look on Snape’s face. Of course, he couldn’t understand what caused such an emotion. It can’t be the potion, can it?

Being a hunter, Harry is extremely resourceful. A hunt can take days and you can only carry a dozen or so healing potions. The more powerful ones require careful brewing and it is too impractical to bring a cauldron when going wyvern hunting. So each hunter had the basic herbs and blue mushroom, dragon toadstool and kelbi horn combinations. Harry read up on all these and even taken the time to do research on magical plants and their properties. He believed that he is a decent potion maker. Unknown to him, his skills are greater than that of his mother and Snape combined. And those two are extremely proficient in the Potions art.

This same interest in raw materials led him to weapon and armor crafting. Although he has only forged the basic iron weapons and just a single advanced weapon, granted that he used Elder Dragon materials so it may be more than advanced, he read on the theory and he knew which is fireproof and which is comfortable to move in. Armor crafting is easier than weapon forging, proof of which is the elegant, dark blue Chameleos hide cloak he is currently wearing.

He obtained the Chameleos hide when he accidentally encountered one in the hills near Dondruma. He got injured but he was able to drive away the Elder Dragon after shaving a good part of its skin off. Magic sure helps a lot in his profession.

Among the Guild, only Raven and Acacia knew of his magical heritage. He remembered that he has yet to visit his other ‘family’ and made a mental note to drop by soon. His mentor also knew of his magic before…the incident.

That will never happen again! Heads will roll before I allow my loved ones to be harmed!

Harry blinked. He was still confused about these sudden bursts of protectiveness and bloodlust.

==============================page break==============================

Stella watched Harry as he stared in empty space. He seemed lost in his thoughts and Stella wondered what he was thinking about. She heard Daniel calling her name.
“Stella! My dear brother seems too distracted over there! Snog him out of it!” he whispered causing Stella to blush and the others to burst into laughter.

“Shut up!” she retorted. Harley giggled.

“You do know that when dad finds out, he’s going to push you two together so he can claim that Sirius really is his brother.” She exclaimed. Amy nodded and Harriet gave Stella a sympathetic look. With two, maybe three, Marauders on the case, her brother and her friend may find themselves dating before they knew it. Stella glared at them.

“At least I don’t spend my free time fawning over Professor Lockhart!” she snapped. Harley and Amy were always talking about the author of those pathetic books. Just wait until they go to Hogwarts, then they’ll see what a fraud he is, she thought. Amy and Harley stopped their laughter to glare at Stella. Daniel sniggered at the argument. It was so much fun when you’re not the one they’re shouting at. All the yelling seemed to have snapped Harry out of his musing and he looked at them questioningly. Stella stopped talking before running out of the room, to everyone’s amusement. Harry, again, looked simply baffled.

==============================page break==============================

The next couple of days were pretty boring to Harry. There was no huge, pink, wide eared chickens out for your blood, no disgusting blobs of fat launching lightning at you and no massive crabs trying to slice you with their pincers. Yep, boring indeed. He decided to visit Ray and Ash for the day.

“Mum?” he said, as he sat down for breakfast. Everyone looked like they were the living dead. James was still asleep and knowing him, it would stay that way until noon. Harry smelled the bacon and eggs that his mother was cooking. He was still getting used to meals he hadn’t cooked. Lily looked at her son.

“Yes, Harry?” she asked. She spent the last two days asking Harry about his life so far. He usually just said that he travelled around the world, something Lily had a hard time believing, or simply said that he was staying with friends.

“Can I go and visit my friends today?” he asked. Liliana stopped playing with her food. Daniel looked like he hasn’t heard anything that was said, and considering the time, it was pretty much the case. Harriet just ate her bacon sleepily. Even Harley is slumped on her chair, playing with her food while making soft whooshing noises.

“Ooh! Can I go with you Harry! Can I?” Liliana said as she jumped up, knocking her plate of eggs over. The scrambled eggs landed on Harriet’s hair and Harley choked on her bacon when she saw it. This woke Daniel and he started rolling on the floor in laughter when he saw Harriet with eggs on her hair. She didn’t seem to notice.

“What’s wrong?” she asked.

“Nothing Harriet…I just saw an egghead!” Daniel replied while the others were holding back laughter. Harriet and Lily rolled their eyes.

“Sure you can, Harry.” Lily replied, conveniently ignoring the chaos ensuing in the dining room. Any friend of Harry’s is family. Well, any friend of any of her children is family.

“How’re you going to get there, cub?” Remus asked as he entered the dining room from the kitchen, struggling to clean up the soot from his robes. It was obvious that the Lupin family was still asleep and Remus Flooed in for some breakfast.

“Floo.” Harry replied. Remus nodded and Lily told him the usual ‘be careful and be back before dinner’ talk. Liliana tugged at her mother’s sleeve.

“Can I go too, mum?” she asked. Lily glanced at Harry, who nodded. Lily smiled at her daughter.

“Sure, you can, sweetie.” Then she turned to Harry. “Are you sure it’s okay for her to come?”

Harry shrugged.

“It’s my house, so I’m pretty sure.” Silence ensued.

“Your house?” Remus asked. Harry nodded. Lily beamed.

“Wow! You have a house Harry? Of course you do. You just said so. Take good care of your sister, okay? Maybe Remus should come with you? Oh wait, you have work Moony. Well, just be careful, okay Harry?” she exclaimed. Harry smiled at his mother’s enthusiasm and nodded. Daniel stared at Harry like had two heads.

“You have a house?”

==============================page break==============================

Pretty soon, the Harry and Liliana was ready to go. Liliana turned to Harry while jumping up and down.

“What’s the Floo address?” she asked.

“Daora’s Lair.” He replied. Liliana nodded eagerly as Harry threw Floo powder into the fireplace and yelled, “Daora’s Lair!”

In a swirl of green flames, they were gone.

==============================page break==============================

Liliana landed unceremoniously in front of the fireplace. Oh, how she hated Floo travel. She looked around and saw what must be Harry’s room. There was a shiny, bronze sword hanging on the wall. The window looked out into a forest and the room had the feel of being owned by someone rich. She heard a trilling sound and she turned to see Harry’s bird, what was it’s name….Trish, yes, Trish, staring at her, cocking her head to the side. She looked bigger than when Liliana last saw her. She was now as big as Uncle Sirius’ animagus form!

Harry stepped out of the fireplace gracefully. He smiled at Liliana, who beamed cutely back at him. He took a look around and smiled at the familiarity of the room. He grinned when he saw his little sister look around in awe. Then, a heavy weight settled on his shoulder. He turned to see Trish standing on her shoulder. Trish nipped his ear affectionately before flying out of the room.

==============================page break==============================

Liliana’s eyes shone with excitement as Harry gave her a tour of the Lair. She kept asking questions about this and that and her beaming smile grew when Harry told her about the secret passageways. Of course, being an eight year old meant that she didn’t know how expensive the things she was pointing at are.

Harry watched his sister fondly as she stared wide-eyed at the various objects in his home. There was a jar filled with an inky black substance. It was labeled “Ray’s Curry”. It was untouched. Liliana also gazed at the formidable looking Air Render. Harry smiled at her wistfully. Those eyes, similar to his in almost every way, were filled with curiosity and awe. He remembered that at that age, he usually spends a couple of days camping in the snowy mountains, waiting for the right moment to attack the Giadrome, the leader of a pack of Giaprey.

He then remembered something that was bothering him for some time now. There was someone named Voldemort in his letter.

“Ann?” His sister turned at him.

“What happened to the Voldemort guy.” He asked. Liliana frowned cutely.

“You don’t know? He’s a bad man! He killed many people and he attacked Mum and Dad! But Daniel beat him and he’s now famous!” she replied. Harry nodded.

“So, he’s dead?”

“I don’t know. Professor Dumbledore says he’s not. We overheard Dad and Professor Dumbledore talking about it.” Harry frowned. If his brother became famous for defeating this man, then he must be a feared wizard and is therefore, powerful. Harry may be an excellent Hunter, but the fact remains that his education in magic is nearly non-existent. He read books on magic, of course, but he only really used those he found useful in the field like Potions, Herbology, Healing and a couple of spells. Curses and Jinxes just bounce on a wyvern’s scales and he really doesn’t need to know how to turn a teacup into a turtle. Although the Animagus transformation caught his interest, he’s not quite good enough for that. Maybe he should get magical education. What was that school called again? Hogzits?

He was snapped out of his thoughts when Liliana spotted the fish tank and yelped upon finding the massive Arrowana staring back at her

==============================page break==============================

Raven Ardeus was currently grumbling about the sweltering desert heat. He gazed at the fallen Monoblos and smiled. Feeling pride whenever you kill a huge, deadly wyvern never gets old. His day would have been perfect if it wasn’t so freaking hot! And the Guild prescribed cool drinks were pretty bland. Where is Harry and his steady supply of Mountain Dew when you need him?

His black eyes left the wyvern carcass and landed on his girlfriend of three years, Acacia Everest. She was using her Plesioth shield for shade, the light blue scales, shimmering in the sun. Her sword, the Weary Finsword, rested on a nearby rock, its tranquilizing blade coated in dried blood. His own twin swords, Frost and Flame, hung limply in his hands. He took great comfort in Frost’s chilling aura. He heard Ash yelp and he, instincts flaring like mad, jumped up, both blades gripped tightly in a battle stance. That was until he saw Ash petting the familiar Hypnocatrice. Familiar, except for the fact that it was twice as big as when he last saw it. He glanced questioningly at Ash who beamed when she read the letter.

“Harry’s at the lair!” she squealed. Ray grinned. He was starting to miss the little bugger. The moment he sheathed Frost, the cooling effect waned and he felt the full force of the sun beat down on his exposed neck. Yep, he really needed a bottle of Mountain Dew.

==============================page break==============================

Harry was currently chugging down a bottle of Mountain Dew as he watched Liliana exclaim that it was very good and why wizards don’t drink it. Butterbeer is good and all but you get bored of it eventually. And let’s not get into the topic of the Guild’s own Cool Drinks. Those are terrors on the taste buds. He discovered the drink on one of his excursions to the normal world. Normal, meaning, no wyverns, no magic, just plain, normal folk.

He was about to answer Liliana’s question when the Floo flared green and out stepped a girl with flowing, blond hair. She looked to be about sixteen, with a curvy sword sheathed on her waist and a blue shield attached to her left arm.

“HARRY!” she shouted before rushing forward and giving Harry a big hug.

==============================page break==============================

The day passed pretty quickly. Liliana and Ash got along very well, with Ash answering most of Liliana’s questions about her brother. She was pretty shocked when she heard that her brother could cook. After all, he was the first male she knew who had culinary skills.

Currently, they were stifling their laughter as Harry and Raven were having a staring match. Raven’s eye twitched as he glared at Harry, who just stared back passively. Then, Raven blinked.

“Damn it!” he yelled as Acacia laughed. Liliana frowned at the black haired boy.

“Language!” she exclaimed, a perfect imitation of her mother. Acacia and Harry laughed louder as Ray rubbed the back of his head.

“Sorry.” He replied sheepishly.


==============================page break==============================

Ash hugged Harry tightly as Raven and Liliana entered the living room.

“I’ll visit again next week Ash.” Harry said as she hugged her back. Ash sniffed.

“You better, Ri, you better.” She said. Raven laughed and ruffled Harry’s hair. Harry glowered at him as he laughed.

“That’s right squirt. It’s kinda boring here with no one to boss around.” He quipped. Ash smacked him on the head while Harry just glared at him some more. Harry’s face softened when Liliana pulled on his cloak.

“Let’s go! Mom’s making spaghetti for dinner!” Raven laughed and Acacia gave her new ‘sister’ a hug.

“Keep an eye on your brother, Ann. Don’t let him get into one of those sulky moods.” She stage whispered. Liliana giggled and nodded while Harry looked indignant.

“Bye, Ash, Ray! See you next week!” Harry called out before vanishing in the fireplace with his sister in tow.


==============================page break==============================

“And then, Raven taught me to play chess and Acacia told me that she considers Harry as a brother and she’s happy to have a sister and…”

Dinner went on with Liliana chattering about her day with her big brother. The Black and Lupin families were staying at Potter Manor again. Harry listened to the others talking about Quidditch. He read about it, of course, but has yet to see a game so he really can’t relate. He smiled when he saw Liliana, still talking about Daora’s Lair. He always feels a surge of over protectiveness whenever she’s involved. Truth be told, he feels like that for anyone he considers family, just more so when it comes to his youngest sibling. The worrying thing about it is the fact that a strange sense of bloodlust accompanies these protective feelings. It was one thing to want to defend your family with your life but it was another to actually want to rip the assailant to pieces.

Once dinner was finished and the younger ones are getting ready for bed, Harry approached his mother.

“Mom? Can I go to the school this year?” he asked. He was still not sure about the name. Who names a school after porcine facial problems, anyway?

Lily looked at the boy who was helping her wash the dishes. The other children only helped with chores after a lot of persuasion. Harry has been helping for the past two days.

“You mean Hogwarts, Harry?” she asked. Harry nodded and she beamed.

“Of course dear! Albus kept asking me about it and I just didn’t know if you wanted to or not.” She explained. Harry smiled at her.

“Thanks mum. How much is the tuition?” he asked. Lily frowned. All the adults assumed that Harry had a modest house somewhere. After all, it’s not like he makes a couple million galleons month, right?

“Don’t worry about money, Harry. We’ll pay for your schooling pretty easily.” She replied. Harry gaped at her. She only knew him for two days and she was already willing to spend a lot of money on him? Granted, he’s her son and she doesn’t know how rich Harry is, but it’s the thought that counts.

“Thanks mum, but are you sure? I mean, I can get by pretty well…” he trailed off. He always thought he was rich, but what if the contents of his vault quailed in comparison to the others? Maybe he was just a poor person? He really didn’t know what the standards for rich and poor are.

Lily noticed her son’s hesitance and smiled. Her son obviously knows how to conserve money. They were rich, yes, but James sometimes goes overboard in spending.

“How about, we pay for half your tuition and you can pay for the other half?” she suggested. Harry smiled as he finished his half of the dishes.

“Okay mum.”

==============================page break==============================

The following morning, Albus Dumbledore got a surprise. Many people were awed by his use of a phoenix to deliver mail, but even he never expected to see a juvenile Hypnocatrice delivering a letter.

Professor Dumbledore,

Hello sir, I’m Harry Potter. I believe that we got acquainted a couple of days ago. I have knowledge of magic, yes but I believe that my education is sadly lacking. Mum and I have an agreement. She’ll pay for half my schooling needs and I’ll pay for the other half. So, um, would it be possible for me to attend…er, Hogwarts, is it? This term?

Sincerely,
Harry James Potter

Albus smiled and popped a lemon drop on his mouth. He always loved children and their education was one of the most important things to Albus. He quickly scribbled an affirmative and gave it to the waiting wyvern. If that boy uses a wyvern to deliver mail and managed to invent a helpful potion, then he’s going to enjoy the chaos that would ensue this year. It was times like these when he remembered the Marauders. He always enjoyed their pranks…
Sign up to rate and review this story