Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Time To Dance (A Cinderella Story)

Chapter 21 (And You Can Tell Everybody This Is Your Song)

by SheIsARebel 1 review

"When I wrote the lyrics to the song I kinda was inspired...by you."

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Parody,Romance - Published: 2011-05-26 - Updated: 2011-05-26 - 936 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Roz I really need to get home," Brynn protested for what felt like the 30th time that day, yet here she sat in Roz's car on their way to her house.

"Brynn it'll be like 20 minutes I swear," she answered taking a sharp right down the street to her house.

Brynn sighed and looked out the window at the passing abodes. "Why do I have to come over again?"

"Ryan has something he wants to show you, and he made me promise I would get you there today."

Brynn chuckled and looked back at Roz. "What could possibly be that important?"

Roz just shrugged her shoulders as they pulled into the driveway.

"So here I am," Brynn huffed taking a seat on Ryan's bed. "What is it?"

Roz took the seat next to Brynn on the bed making it sink below the two girls. Ryan sat at his computer in the corner. He turned around though to look at Brynn. "I wanted to show you something," he said smiling.

"So I was told," Brynn said not returning the smile. She didn't smile a lot these days. Heck, she hardly smiled before.

"Well," Ryan started sliding his chair closer to Brynn. "As you know our band has been doing a lot of work lately..."

Thanks to me, Brynn thought.

"And we've finally finished our own original song," he said with delight.

"Wow, that's great!" Brynn answered trying to sound enthused.

"And here's the thing," Ryan said looking away for a brief second before turning back to her.

"When I wrote the lyrics to the song I kinda was inspired...by you."

Brynn was shocked. Inspired by Her? There was nothing inspiring about her. "Really?" She asked in disbelief.

"Yeah," Ryan smiled. "So it's only right to have you hear it."

Brynn smiled now feeling so much love for this boy. "Okay," she gasped.

Ryan smiled too and slid back to his computer. He opened a window and pushed play on the player. Soon music flushed through the speakers and Brynn sat back to hear the words play out.

Well, she's not bleeding on the ballroom floor
Just for the attention.
Cause that's just ridiculously on.
Well, she sure is going to get it
Here's the setting
Fashion magazines line the walls now
The walls line the bullet holes...
You sure, you sure you let her have it?
You sure, you sure you...
Have some composure
Where is your posture?
Oh, no, no
You're pulling the trigger
Pulling the trigger
All wrong
Give me envy, give me malice, give me a-a-attention
Give me envy, give me malice, baby, give me a break!
When I say "Shotgun", you say "Wedding"
"Shotgun", "Wedding", "Shotgun", "Wedding"
Well, she didn't choose this role
But she'll play it and make it sincere
So you cry, you cry
Baby give me a break
But they believe it from the tears
And the teeth right down to the blood
At her feet
Boys will be boys
Hiding in estrogen and wearing Aubergine dreams
Baby give me a break...break...break...break
Have some composure
Where is your posture?
Oh, no, no
You're pulling the trigger
Pulling the trigger
All wrong
Come on this is screaming "Photo op." op...
It's time to dance
Come on this is screaming "Photo op." op...
It's time to dance
Come on
Come on
This is screaming
This is screaming
This is screaming "Photo op."
Have some composure
Where is your posture?
You sure, you sure you let her have it?
You're pulling the trigger, pulling the trigger
You sure, you sure you...
Give me envy, give me malice, give me a-a-attention
Give me envy, give me malice, baby, give me a break!
When I say "Shotgun", you say "Wedding"
"Shotgun", "Wedding", "Shotgun", "Wedding"
Boys will be boys
Hiding in estrogen and boys will be boys
Boys will be boys
Hiding in estrogen and wearing Aubergine dreams

Brynn knew it was Brendon singing the words and her heart melted. Though he had made it clear he didn't want her she still wanted him, and that hurt more than anything else.

"So...," Ryan said looking at Brynn for approval.

"I like it," Brynn said giving him a small smile.

Ryan smiled back and scooted over to her on the bed. "I'm glad," he said. "Because there's something else I wanted to tell you."

Brynn looked over at Roz quick to see her smiling like an idiot. She obviously knew what it was. She looked back at Ryan indicating for him to go on.

"The band got it's first gig for this Saturday," he said happily. "It's only for the middle school dance, but it's going to be great!"

Brynn gave a small laugh at Ryan's excitement.

"You should come see us play," he added.

Brynn's smile faded soon and looked at Ryan. "I'm sorry Ryan. I can't," she said.

"Why not Brynn?" Roz asked quickly laying a hand on her arm in protest.

"You both know very well why not," Brynn answered switching her glance between the two. "I couldn't possibly go...not with him there...and..." She faded away.

"Brynn," Roz said again not releasing her arm. "You shouldn't have that hold you back."

"But it does," Brynn answered quickly. "I can't help it, so please don't ask me to change my mind."

Roz and Ryan exchanged sorry glances and sighed.

"Now, can you take me home?" Brynn asked standing up. "I'm sure Zoe is already furious."

Roz nodded and got up as well.

"Thanks for the song Ryan," Brynn said with one last glance at him before exiting the room.
Sign up to rate and review this story