Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Vegas Strip

Ice-Cream

by Wicked_Lovely 5 reviews

Movies and pills and an old warehouse.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-05-29 - Updated: 2011-05-30 - 2671 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Brendon and Jon talked about Spencer -Jon obsessing over how amazing he was the night before with Brendon telling him he didn't want to know while covering his ears- when Ryan walked out of the washroom. Brendon watched the older male walk across the room to where his bag had been tossed the night before and sit down next to it. He watched as he listened to Jon continue to talk about nonsense to him. Ryan was dug through his bag for a moment, Brendon never taking his eyes off of him as he told Jon to stop talking about Spencer. Brendon watched as the other boy pulled a small with and red box out along with a flash of neon blue plastic. He wondered what it was for a moment before Ryan put a cigarette in between his perfect lips. Brendon watched with a small smile as Ryan tried to get the lighter to start up, and after failing multiple times, Ryan muttered some profanity, throwing the small plastic container at the wall. With an angry sigh, Ryan stood and walked over to the other two boys, looking somewhat nervous.
"Do either of you two have a lighter?" Ryan asked and Brendon smiled, taking the cigarette while Jon got Ryan's attention.
"So, how did you get into the dancing business?" Jon asked looking over at Brendon nervously as Ryan looked at him. Ryan noticed Jon's nervous glance to Brendon and looked over to the youngest boy. Brendon smiled handing Ryan his now lit cancer stick. Ryan gave a confused look when he didn't see a lighter near Brendon. But he shrugged it off, siting down across from the two boys.
"I guess you could say one of my 'friends' put me up to it. Once I was in I couldn't get out. And it was the only way I could get money." Ryan said rubbing his face before taking a drag of his cigarette.
"Wanna go out for ice cream?" The two boys looked at Brendon like he was crazy while he smiled like a little kid. "Please?" Jon laughed a little, running a hand through his thick hair.
"I have to go back to work. But I'll give you two some money, okay?" Jon said with a smile. Sometimes it felt as if Brendon was his younger brother, but he wouldn't ask for it any other way.
"Nah, I can pay." Brendon said with a large grin. Jon shook his head laughing a little.
"Brendon, you don't have enough to buy a piece of gum, let alone enough for two ice cream cones." Jon said with a laugh.
"I can handle it." Brendon said with a serious face. Jon backed off, knowing what would happen if he didn't. Brendon could and would get both of them a frozen treat, no matter what it took. Jon stood, brushing off his uniform before he made his way over to the door.
"You might want to hurry before the customers start showing up. Just go out the back door when you leave." Jon said and he walked down the stairs back to the four star restaurant that he owned. Ryan took a long drag from his cigarette, Brendon watching and admiring how amazingly gorgeous the other boy looked as he turned half of it to ash in one drag. He closed his eyes when he had a smoke, holding it between two fingers, while it stayed in between his pale pink lips. His hair was disheveled, though it looked like Ryan had tried to tame it, and it was in his face in an absolutely breath taking way. Brendon felt his heart miss a beat as Ryan slowly looked up, his eyelids opening slowly. He gave the younger a small smile, putting out the finished cigarette on the wall. Brendon stood, holding out his hands for Ryan to take.
"So we're going for ice cream?" Ryan asked as he took Brendon's hands. Brendon nodded with a large grin as he pulled Ryan up a little to hard. Ryan ran into Brendon's chest, the two of them blushing like mad at the feeling. Brendon loved it. Ryan hated it. He hated not being in control of his emotions. Brendon loved the feeling of loving Ryan. He was perfect.
Brendon put his shoes on, watching as Ryan slung his bag over his shoulder before searching for his shoes. Brendon smiled a little at the confusion that was on Ryan's face while he searched.
"Their over by the door." He said with a smile. Ryan looked over to the door where his old beat up shoes rested. He could have sworn he left them in the washroom... Brendon brushed past him, walking half way down the stairs before looking back up at him. Ryan nodded, sliding on his shoes before going after Brendon. He'd ask about it later.
"So what ice cream shop are we going to go to?" Ryan asked curiously.
"I know a place that will give it to us at a discount." Brendon said. He wanted to hold Ryan's hand, but he knew he shouldn't, so he decided to just put his hands in his pockets.
"Why?" Ryan asked curiously. It was kind of odd for someone to get things cheaper than others, or even free at times. But it was Brendon, and he did seem kind of like the kid that got everything he wanted.
"Know the owner. She's really nice." Brendon said with a shrug. Brendon lead Ryan to a small light pink shop, walking into the cool one-room shop. The girl behind the counter smiled at Brendon, giving him a small wave before going back to work with the customer that was currently ordering.
Ryan took in the atmosphere of the small shop, colorful pictures of perfectly made ice-cream cones were hanging on the wall, making the small shop look somewhat artistic. There was a book shelf with a group of recipe books in one section, in another was a a group of decorating books, and colorful heart and star sprinkles in clear glass jars randomly placed amongst the shelves. The colors in the shop trended towards different variations of pink and blue. But it was a cozy shop.
"So what are you going to get?" Brendon asked and Ryan jumped.
"Uhh, I don't know. I guess strawberry?" Ryan asked and Brendon smiled a little.
"Strawberry's good." Brendon said with a light laugh as he went to get the ice cream. Ryan watched as he talked to the girl, making her laugh and smile and in no time he had to cones of ice cream for the two of them. Chocolate for Brendon and strawberry for Ryan. Ryan didn't see him pay. The two ate their ice cream in silence, for a while, both wrapped up in thoughts of what the other was hiding. The silence started getting thick after a while, growing to a dense cloud around them and Ryan had to break it before it suffocated him. He had to ask at least one of the questions that had been nagging at the back of his head, begging to have an answer.
"Umm, Brendon?" Brendon looked at Ryan and gave a small smile.
"What is it?" he asked as he continued to lick his frozen treat.
"How did that towel get in the washroom earlier when the door was locked?" Ryan asked and Brendon held completely still for a moment, seeming panicked.
"It might have already been there. I can't really say." Brendon lied through his teeth and Ryan decided not to push it. If Brendon really wanted to, he would tell him eventually. They finished their ice cream in silence, Brendon hoping Ryan would forget about the question that still was strongly floating through Ryan's head.
"I wanna take you somewhere." Brendon said after a minute of watching Ryan eat the last bit of his cone. Ryan looked up at him.
"You just took me out for ice cream." He said matter-of-factly. Brendon smiled and laughed a little.
"I know, but there's a place I really want to take you." He said while standing. He held out his hand and Ryan hesitantly took it. Brendon ran a hand through his dark brown locks with his free hand and started to walk down the street, hoping that it could be like this for the two of them forever.
Ryan walked next to Brendon silently, listening as Brendon talked about random things that he did and liked. Apparently he could play a whole hell of a lot of instruments, and he seemed to have similar taste in music as Ryan. After about a half hour of walking, the two boys found themselves standing outside an abandoned warehouse. It was old and falling apart, yet Brendon walked up to one of the windows, and while Ryan was looking for another way in, he unlocked the window, calling Ryan over.
"How did you-"
"Just go in." Brendon said with a smile as he cut Ryan off. Ryan didn't argue, just deciding to go with the flow. He jumped into the window, Brendon following a moment later.
"Where to now?" Ryan asked as he looked at the dusty floor. It may have been dusty, but it looked like it was constantly being disturbed. Brendon just gave Ryan his signature smile, taking his hand before leading him through the stacks of large boxes that littered the warehouse. Eventually they happened upon a small door, and Brendon opened it easily. Inside was something Ryan never would have thought would be inside a dirty, old, warehouse that was falling apart. But there it was, a small movie theater in the place piled with old boxes that had no purpose.
There were a few other people in the small theater, each one looking like they were side-show freaks from a carnival. Brendon knew each one of them by their names, introducing Ryan to a fire starter, a boy with a slitted eyes and a lizards tail, a man with a long horn on his forehead, a women who could change her shapes, and a young girl who seemed to be able to bend reality.
When Brendon had picked out a place to sit for him and Ryan amongst the twenty seats, a tall man walked up to them. He had an odd face shape with a scar over his right eyebrow, going down to the corner of his mouth.
"Brendon! I thought you said you weren't going to visit us anymore?" The man said happily. Brendon looked nervous and shrugged.
"I missed you guys. Besides, that's not entirely what I said." He said somewhat seriously. Ryan shifted in his seat slightly uncomfortably. He had no idea what the other two were talking about, and he was utterly confused.
"Ah, right. Okay. Well, the movie will start in about a minute, so I guess I should leave you two alone." With that the tall man left and Ryan was left even more confused than before as he started hyperventilating. What was he doing? In this warehouse with these people he didn't know? With a boy who's past seemed to be sketchy and about as clear as a snow storm? He looked over at Brendon who was smiling up at the screen and then smiled a little. Because the boy he was with was an amazingly talented boy, who seemed to know everyone and everything. He was perfect, and Ryan was just happy that he chose him.
The movie started playing and Ryan rested his head on Brendon's shoulder, Brendon smiling as he wrapped his hand around Ryan's shoulder. Ryan gave a contented sigh; if this was what life with Brendon was like, then he could get used to it.
After about a half hour of sitting in the dark room, Ryan moved, Brendon giving a soft whimper of disapproval. Still, he kept his eyes on the screen as Ryan dug in his bag quietly, not making any noise at all compared to the sound of the movie. He pulled out his pill container, glancing at Brendon who didn't seem to notice, and he took one quickly before putting the rest back in his bag. He allowed himself to go back to curling in Brendon's arms, and Brendon ran a hand through Ryan's hair lovingly, happy to be sitting like that for the rest of the old movie.
When the movie was over Ryan turned to face Brendon, the other people simply, waling around the theater as if they had nothing else to do. Ryan guessed that that was because they really didn't have anything else to do. Brendon looked into Ryan's eyes with a smile.
"Did you like the movie?" He asked and Ryan laughed a little.
"Yeah. But now I want to show you one of my favorite places." Ryan said with a small blush. Brendon moved the hair out of Ryan's face.
"Oh?" He asked with a small smirk.
"Yeah." Ryan said and Brendon stood.
"Then let's go."


~~~~~

Sometimes, I feel like jealously is my only feeling. I go on Ficwad, I read ten amazing stories and see all of the reviews and ratings, and I can't help but wonder if writing Panic! fiction is really something I should be doing. Because it seems as if my stories are inferior to those who write in other areas of fiction. Especially MCR fiction. (I've watched them grow from rock, to alternative, to whatever the hell you'll call The Black Parade to the pop that they are now.) And I wonder why it's worth updating.
And then I go on DeviantART and it's just a repeat. I wonder if any of my accounts will ever be anything. And then I go and check my youtube account. And repeat. So I go onto Subeta. And repeat. And then I get on facebook for five seconds, (don't know why I still have that bloody account) and I see that all of my friends are doing things with their lives. Their being successful. Looking towards a bright future. Spending time with each other (without inviting me of course.) and their all around loving life.
So I go back onto Ficwad, and I re-read my reviews. And I remember why I update as much as I can. I remember why I've been pulling all-nighters for the past week to try to make sure I've been able to update. Because I may never amount to much on this site, or life in general, but at the very least I'll have a handful of loyal readers who will miss me if I leave.
Maybe I'm not the best writer, and maybe I'll never get past having a small handful of people who like my stories, but at least I'll always have you guys.
And I love you for it.

marissasorrentino:
Average job as usual. And like I said, you won't be able to get rid of me on this website as easily as last time.
PartyPoison:
I'm a terrible person for constantly putting holes in this story. Everything is so vauge. Oh well, you'll learn wahats going on soon enough.
reinventlove152:
It was amazing? Awh, why thank you. I hope I can continue to keep you liking it. :)
Katrina_Adams:
Hehehehe, and I'm updating not to long after the last one. I'm going as fast as my mind will let me.
Kill_the_mainstream:
I'm glad you like it. Let's hope I can mange to keep up the good work, and not have my messed up mind fail me. And I know, lots of questions with no answers. It seems to be my specialty in this story.

Right now, I'm just going to say this. Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow. Five freaking reviews in one chapter? That's more than twice the average of everything else I write! I love you guys. I really truly do.
-xoxo Pansy.
(I just can't wrap my mind around that. Five reviews. Okay, I'll shut up now.)
Sign up to rate and review this story