Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Vegas Strip

Attack

by Wicked_Lovely 5 reviews

And this story just keeps moving along.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-06-07 - Updated: 2011-06-08 - 2430 words - Complete

1Original
Brendon made Ryan stop and get some food, the two of them eating lunch from a small cafe. Brendon paid, and Ryan was left to wonder how he had manged to get the money to afford it since it seemed he only had a little when the day started out. But even if curiosity was nagging at him, he decided it was best just to lead Brendon to his favorite place. He would get answers eventually.
Ryan slipped his hand in Brendon's leading him down different streets until they were out of Vegas. It worried Brendon a little, his eyes were screaming that he didn't want to be out there. And yet, there was a smile on his face. Ryan lead him to a small oasis, well maybe small wasn't the exact word. It was a medium sized forest, one that would not grown in the Nevada desert without mans help. It worried Brendon, but Ryan seemed confident enough about it. Which is how Brendon found himself in the middle of the oasis, a small pound in the center with Ryan sitting right next to him under an old sycamore. Brendon watched as birds flew over the opening that let sun rain down in the small clearing while Ryan talked.
It was peaceful for the first hour, until Ryan started asking questions.
"Brendon?" Brendon looked over at Ryan, amazed at how beautiful his eyes looked in the light. The sun bounced of of them, making them look like gold.
"Yes?"
"How did you find that movie theater?" Ryan asked cautiously. Brendon thought for a moment, wondering if he wanted to tell Ryan. He closed his eyes, deciding that he would simply make a deal with the smaller male.
"How about this, I'll tell you but in return you have to answer one of my questions." Ryan nodded and Brendon smiled a little, he wasn't to happy about having to tell the other boy, but he knew he could get away with lying. "I spent a lot of my childhood exploring Vegas by myself, I met a lot of people, learned the types of places I liked the most and eventually found Theo. He was the tall man that was running the joint. He kind of, raised me as his son. It's weird I know, but my family sure as hell wasn't going to do it." Brendon gave a small sigh and Ryan looked him in the eyes in an attempt to read them. It seemed like they were just endless chocolate orbs, completely void of all emotion. Except maybe...sadness?
"When my parents found out they told me never to see him or any of his workers again. So they took over that warehouse so we could still spend time together. They were like family to me, still are." Not a complete lie. Brendon ran a hand through his hair, looking over at Ryan who was staring at him with his head tilted to the side. The two were silent for a moment, too absorbed in each others beauty to say a word. Ryan was the one to break them out of their trance.
"You were going to ask me something?" Brendon nodded, practically climbing on top of Ryan. He put one of his hands beside the older boys head, his knees on either side of Ryan's legs while his other hand rested in the soft grass. Ryan held completely still, his mind reeling with what it could possibly be that Brendon would want to ask. Brendon brought his face close to Ryan's for a moment, opening his mouth to speak before closing it. He pulled his head back, his eyes leaving Ryan's as a small blush crossed his face. It was now or never.
"I do have a question. Would you...um....can I kiss you?" Brendon asked his hear rate increasing as his blush became an even deeper red. Ryan sat there shocked for a moment as the words sank in. But that ended when he used his hand to pull Brendon's face closer to his own, closing the small gap between their lips. It was short, but had so much meaning between the two that neither of them particularly cared. Brendon pulled away, a smile gracing his lips as he looked at Ryan. The older male squirmed under Brendon's piercing gaze, and Brendon's smile grew wider. "You're so sweet." Brendon said and Ryan's face flushed a bright pink. It wasn't that he was embarrassed as much as he was just nervous around Brendon. He felt slightly intimidated, and in all honesty, hot.
Brendon used the hand that was resting next to Ryan's head to cup his face, bringing it close to his own as he dove in for another kiss. This one was more passionate then the last, both of the boys savoring the flavor of the others lips. Ryan's hands snaked around the younger boy's neck, his thin long fingers tangling in Brendon's dark brown hair. The latter ghosted his hand across Ryan's cheek, pushing the peacock feathers out of his face and behind his ear as Brendon's hand found the back of Ryan's head. Their lips worked together, the two fitting perfectly together as the rest of the world seemed to melt around them. The two shifted to where Ryan was sitting on Brendon's lap, Brendon wrapping his arms around the formers waist as Ryan kept his fingers tangled in his hair.
Of course, the serenity of being in their own world could only last so long.
The world came crashing back down around the two when the sound of gunshots rang through the air. The boys broke apart, looking in the direction the sound came from. A few figures came running out of the barricade of trees, Ryan's eyes widened as Brendon's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. It was obvious that Ryan knew they were there for him, he recognized some of their faces. But Brendon, he had no idea what was going on. He sat there confused as fuck until Ryan whispered run.
The boys stood quickly, running into the trees as the men chased after the two of them. Brendon stopped abruptly, slamming his hands by Ryan's sides as he pushed him gently into a tree.
"Brendon, we should be-" Brendon quickly shushed Ryan, speaking calmly and clearly as he gave Ryan instructions.
"I'm just going to guess those are your fathers workers, or whatever. So I want you to run. Okay? Don't argue and don't stop until you're back in Jons restaurant. Tell him to take care of you. I promise I'll be back."
"Please don't leave me." Ryan said as Brendon started to walk back.
"Just leave Ryan, I promise I'll be back." Brendon gave Ryan a soft smile, before running off to where Ryan could no longer see him. He took in a shaky breath and then ran in the opposite direction, tears stinging his eyes. He should have stopped Brendon.
Ryan ran until he was out of the small oasis. He looked back at it, hearing screams echoing in the trees. He could only hope that Brendon would be alright. He turned back around, running back onto the streets of Vegas, where he slowed to a walk. After a while he manged to navigate himself back into Jon's small restaurant. Spencer was sitting there, relaxed in an old chair with cracked red leather. He was reading an old battered book as the workers swarmed the place, taking care of all of the customers who littered the small restaurant. Ryan felt a huge wave of worry wash over him as he thought of what happened. What was he supposed to say to Spencer and Jon?
Ryan leaned against the wall, running a hand through his sweaty hair. He didn't know what to do. Hot tears started to roll down his cheeks, and he started to shake. He jumped when he felt a hand on his shoulder and looked into the concerned eyes of Jon.
"What's wrong kid?" He looked around for a moment and worry started to mix with his concern. "And where's Brendon?" Ryan started to cry harder and Jon panicked, running over to Spencer. Spencer lead Ryan upstairs where he sat him down on the bed, Ryan still crying as Spencer sat in front of him.
"What happened?" He asked gently pushing the feathers and sweaty hair out of the smaller boy's face. Ryan calmed himself, steadying his breathing as he stopped his crying long enough to tell Spencer what had happened. Spencer's look of concern quickly faded and he started to laugh. "You don't have to worry about that, Brendon's a big boy. He can take care of himself." Ryan looked at Spencer like he was crazy.
"Are you fucking insane? He'll get killed. Actually he's probably already dead. And I just fucking ran away." Ryan's head fell in his hands and Spencer wrapped his arm around his shoulder, holding him close as Ryan tried not to start crying again.
"You really don't know much about our little Brendon, but I can guarantee you that he's a lot tougher than he looks. I'm actually more worried about how those hit men will get out of the mess of tangling with him." Ryan looked at him curiously.
"What do you mean?" He said, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.
"If he hasn't told you, then he doesn't want me to tell you. But what I will say is that you should find out soon enough. I'm sure you'll be able to piece it together eventually." And with that Spencer stood and walked out the door, leaving Ryan alone to chew on his bottom lip and wonder what the fuck was going on.

Brendon walked back to the restaurant, and his current make-shift home a few hours after Ryan had. He entered the single door with one scratch on him and Jon looked at him like a domestic cat would a bird in the wild. He rushed over to the younger boy, all of his staff cleaning with the customers gone. Brendon wiped some of the sweat off of his forehead and Jon started to talk.
"You're boy came in here crying because of you. How long dose it take to get rid of a few members of the mob? It just isn't you Brendon." Jon said some what exasperated.
"You remember that stupid vow I took a few years back when my parents found about...well you know?" Jon nodded, and Brendon gave a small sigh. "I gave it up for him. I think, I think I'm going to go back. I know I said I wouldn't, but it's not like my parents will care. I can't slander their name anymore, and if it'll save his life then it'll be worth it." Brendon said sitting down on one of the small benches that were in the restaurant. Jon sat down next to him, wrapping his arm around the younger boy's shoulder.
"It's a lot to put on your shoulder's Brendon. When are you going to do it?" Spencer walked over with a few drinks, looking at the two boys as he sat down across from them.
"What's going on?" He asked as he handed Brendon his drink. Brendon downed it, hating the taste but loving the burning feeling of the liquid sliding down his throat.
"Brendon's going back." Jon said simply, and Spencer gave a surprised 'oh'.
"I'm going to go talk to Tatiana tomorrow." Brendon said rubbing his face roughly. He really didn't want to, but he knew he was going to have to. Spencer nodded.
"And what are you going to do with the boy while you're gone?" Spencer asked.
"I'll take him with me. I'm sure that they won't mind watching him while I talk to Tatiana." Brendon said and Spencer sighed.
"All right, I think Jon and I are going to head home. Remember Brendon, you've dug yourself a hole, both you and Ryan are trapped in it. You best be able to pull both you, and him out, because Jon and I won't be able to save your ass this time." Brendon looked at his hands, nodding once as he thought everything over. Spencer patted his shoulder lightly. "Good night Brendon, and good luck." Spencer and Jon walked out of the restaurant and Brendon gave a deep sigh, running a hand through his hair as he sat back in the bench. He was not excited about what he had to do tomorrow.
But it would be worth it to keep Ryan safe.


~~~~~

Yay! I'm back! Not better per-say, but back nonetheless. I could go through and say what happened, but that would take to long and I can't for the life of me think of anyone who would want to know. So I'll just simply stay with the fact that I'm well enough to write. Even if it is kind of shitty writing right now. Anyway, onto my response to your reviews.

Katrina_Adams:I know that chapter was more of a cutesy chapter, but I thought it was appropriate. You can only have so many secrets and drama until people finally say "Screw it, I give up with reading this god-awful story!"

marissasorrentino:And that's what makes you a loyal reviewer. :) Glad you like my stories, and as always, I hope I can keep it up.

PartyPoison:I hope this chapter doesn't give away the ending. Not that it really can...Everything's so secretive! The good news is, there's only a few chapters left, and the next few will answer just about every question you could have.

Kill_the_mainstream:I guess I should start giving myself more credit for the work I put into...well, just about everything I do. Since I rarely do anything I try to not half ass the things that I do end up working on. Writing this story within an hour would be the equivalent to playing Portal 2 with walkthroughs. It's just something I can't see myself doing. Ever. So I'll start giving myself more credit for my amazingness.

harlquingirl:Excited to not know what's coming next? I guess surprises are kind of my specialty. Anyway, glad you like it so far. :)

And I just want to thank the people who wished me well when I was in the hospital. The good news is I'm out, but it also doubles as bad news for a number of reasons. And again with the five reviews for only one chapter! Just simply unbelievable. You guys are amazing.
-xoxo Pansy.
Sign up to rate and review this story