Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Restart Living My Life

Silver Lining

by redglitterapple 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-06-05 - Updated: 2011-06-05 - 964 words - Complete

2Ambiance
Gerard’s POV

Im in third lesson geography. Next to Frank. This time it wasnt extremely awkward, it was more relaxed and friendly. It was finally Friday. Friday Friday, gotta get down on Friday? No.

Tomorrow, Frank was coming to mine and then we were going to meet his friends. Today was honestly the first day I would be hanging out with him and his gang properly. I didnt know if you could call them a gang, but I guess I would see.

Lunch time. Im walking out of P.E. Frank leads me into the cafeteria to a table where most of the senior year was. I got there and noticed it was morelike four or five tables pushed together to make one giant table. It seemed inviting in a way.

“Hey guys, this is Gerard.” I got a few hi’s and smiles. “Just umm.. call me Gee.” A guy a little taller than Frank stood up and walked over to us. “Hi, Im Matt,and uh...” another guy with sleek black hair followed. “This is Pete.” They both seemed generally nice. Matt ran his hand through his dark brew hair and gave me a friendly smile which I returned.

I looked over his shoulder because something that glimmered caught my eye. When I saw what it was I automatically set off in a rush. It was my younger brother Mikey. I had no idea what he was getting himself into, but I didnt like the looks of it. I felt everyones eyes on me as I went AWAL.

I finally reached him and just grabbed him by the arm and dragged him over to where I could talk to him.

“What the hell are you doing?!” I eyed him and he just stared back at me with a half drunk smile. “Woot too fank Pee?” he giggled. I looked over to the kids he was just hanging with but they seemed to disappear.

“Mikey, you know I ont have a problem with you drinking occassionally, but in school?! You could get kicked out and you just started here!”


“Teres poor foon?” through his drunk stuttering I could see his point. I really had lost my fun when we moved. I guess its because I didnt want to give anyone a reason to hate on me, so I stayed quite and put my head down. I ignored his point and dragged him over to the crowded lunch table and sat him down next to Pete. I gave Pete a “Sorry if my brother is a dick” look and walked back to Frank and Matt.

“Whos the kid?” Matt asked. I looked to Mikey and replied with “Sadly, my younger brother. Mikey.”

We all just sort of stared at him as he pranced around like a kid in a candy store. I went got some water and gave it too him to try and wash out the alcohol. Hopefully it would wear off soon.

“No Pee.” he argued “No.” I was giving him the water.

“Mikes, its vodka.” his eyes lit up and he drank it down so quick. This kid was a strange drunk. How much of that stuff did he have anyway?

Mikey finally calmed down and started feeling really queasy so I took him to the nurses office. They sent him home and since I was sober and my mother wasnt home, they signed me off for the rest of the day to take him home. I quickly ran to Frank to explain. He understood and he said he drop by mine after school.


Frank’s POV

Well that was an intresting scene at lunch today. A lot of things seem to be intresting these days. Its like embaressment followed Gerard where ever he went. Poor kid.

Maths went by quickly and I settled into my seat in music. The teacher just didnt bothered and waved us off. We all went back to this things we were doing last week, so I went and picked up the old beat up guitar. I tuned it and then just started playing whatever strings my fingers decided to pluck. It probably sounded horrible, but there we are. I wasnt listening, I was playing softly talking to a coupld of the girls. Tessy was blushing at me and Katy and Melanie just giggled.

“Sorry what?” I stared at her. I heard the question but I couldnt believe she asked me it.

“Do you umm... want to go to prom with me?” she smiled and her cheeks turned scarlet. I didnt wanna be mean... “Tess, well umm... wow. Look, Im just not looking for anyone to go to prom with right now.” another fabulous lie gift wrapped and tied with a bow from moi. “Oh, well take your time and come back to me.” she smiled and walked off. I looked down at the guitar and finally just decided to play properly until I was alloud to go home.

I was waiting outside Gerards door. I knew he woudl take awhile since he was looking after his brother. I didnt even know he had a brother until today. I thought I would have noticed him yesterday, but apparently not. Just then the door opened to reveal a dim light. In the doorway now stood Gerard. He did accually say anything but gestured for me to come inside. So I did

I walked into the living room and he followed. he came close to me and whispered “Sorry, I finally got him to go to sleep and I realy dont want to wake him.” thats when the idea came. “Why dont you come to mine then?” I just blurted it out. “Okay.” he said.

So there we were, walking out his front door going to mine.
Sign up to rate and review this story