Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > That's Business Baby

"Do you think that anybody will ever buy our CDs?" My younger brother Mikey asked me as we walked up the stairs to the studio.
"I'm sure someone will." I told him with a smile "Our families will. That's something, right?"
"I guess. I just wanted some fans."
"And we'll get some!" I reassured him, patting his arm, a smile still on my face.
It soon disappeared when I heard someone singing. Someone singing a song that had once meant so much to me. But now somebody else was singing it. Somebody female...
"This broken city sky like butane on my skin
stolen from my eyes
Hello Angel, tell me where are you
Tell me where we go from here
"
It wasn't that the singing sounded bad, the singer was actually really good. It's just, I had written that song. About 9/11, it was my way of getting over it. MY way.
Me and Mikey glanced at each other before running into the recording studio. Jeff, our producer, jumped. The girl at the microphone jumped too. I glared at her. She wasn't that old, she looked to be around fifteen or sixteen but I couldn't help hating her. She'd stolen MY song.
"Why was this girl singing our song?" Mikey asked, glaring at Jeff "This song belongs to My Chemical Romance."
"No it doesn't." Jeff replied and then started blabbering on about legal Copyrights and all sorts of stupid stuff like that.
"You can't just take our song!" I yelled at him "And give it to... Her!"
"Why not?" Jeff asked, shrugging "That's how the business is. Don't like it? Get out."
I looked at the girl again, to see if she had anything to see about the subject. Turns out she did "Jeff played me your demo. Personally, I think my version sounds better."
Frank and Ray showed up shortly after. Me and Mikey told them about this girl stealing our song.
Jeff sighed "It's nothing personal guys. It's just, I know that Mel is going to be bigger than you guys were."
Ray was the first one to sigh, mumble that there was nothing we could about it and then leave. Frank and Mikey both got up and followed him out, probably so they could talk about what to do next together.
"We really thought we could trust you," I told him. I looked at Mel "If I were you, I'd be careful. This guy could backstab you at any second."
"I know what I'm doing." Mel replied smoothly. Then she began to sing to drown out my speech about how much I thought Jeff was a nice guy and all sorts of crap like that. I nearly walked over and slapped the girl when I realised what she was singing.
"Well let's go back to the middle of the day that starts it all
I can't begin to let you know just what I'm feeling
And now the red ones make me fly
And the blue ones help me fall
And I think I'll blow my brains against the ceiling
And as the fragments of my skull begin to fall
Fall on your tongue like pixie dust just think happy thoughts
"
So now this girl hadn't just taken Skylines and Turnstiles but she had also taken Headfirst For Halos.
"What other songs did she steal?" I yelled at Jeff.
He smiled at me "The whole album perhaps?"
I rolled my eyes at him and stormed out to join the rest of my band.
"Well now what?" Mikey asked, looking at Frank who was obviously just a little annoyed about what had just happened.
"I don't know." Ray mumbled.
"Well I'll tell you one thing." Frank told us firmly "We're not giving up so easily."

[A/N] - Matt wasn't in this chapter, but he will be. Just so you know :') What did you think?
Sign up to rate and review this story