Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > And It All Changed.

Remember The Days...

by circusfreak7 1 review

ROB! as in... RAY&&BOB as bestfriends

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-06-08 - Updated: 2011-06-09 - 772 words

1Moving
A/N italis are flashbacks...

___RAY'S POV____


I stood there, not listening to the grey haired man speak about God and how Bob would pass through the gates of heaven. I hated it. He would've hated it too. He didn't believe in God, or heaven or hell. He believed in life and living it to the full. I was supposed to be the one organising the whole thing but his parents wouldn't have it.

"Catch me then!" I shouted through the warm breeze.
"Fine!" Bob laughed, running after me.
I ran through the streets and past the park, over the main road, aware of Bob's booming laugh behind me. I kept on running until I reached the forest on the outskirts of Belleville. I slowed a little, surprised that I couldn't hear Bob's foot fall behind me. I turned around. He stood there, arms folded, looking at me irritatedly.
"What's wrong Bob?" I asked, concerned. His smile had vanished from his face.
"Not going in there." He said, and I was shocked to hear his voice crack.
"Why? You scared of bears or something?" I laughd nervously, trying to turn it all into a joke. But his expression remained stern.
"I can't go in there." He repeated.
"Why Bob?" I asked, walking towards him.
"Because..." He began. Just as I sensed something wrong, he smirked and grabbed me.
"AAAARGHH!" I screamed.
"GOT IT!" He yelled, triumphantly. I looked up to where his hand was, above his and my head to see in it was clutched a book labelled "BOB'S JOURNAL;KEEP OUT". My face fell. Just when I'd thought I was about to take a look into his past and find out why he left Chicago, my kindness gets the better of me. Typical!
I sigh and lean on his shoulder as we make our way to a place we called home.


I slowly wondered away from the crowd of people in black, looking down. Before I knew it, I was at the edge of the very same forest I'd just been thinking about. I looked up at the big trees and remembered one of the strangest conversations MyChemicalRomance had ever had.
Looking back I can't remember completely but it was an arguement about the plural or moose being moosi or meese or moose... Then I did the strangest thing. I laughed. On the day of my best friend's funeral, I laughed. As soon as the sound escaped from my lips I felt guilt run through my body like ice cold water through my veins. Tears filled my eyes and I ran again, towards a familiar place. It was the place I'd lived as a kid. The place still belonged to us but it wasn't used as our house anymore. I walked round a side street then came to the high wooden fence, surrounding the back yard. Settling my foot into a suitable spot I hoisted myself high enough to reach a gap to put my hand on. I kept on climbing until I reached the top, at which point I jumped down and landed on my feet, sending a jolt up my spine and to the pit of my stomach. I lay on the ground, looking at the two meter wide oak tree to my left. My eyes scanned up the tree, searching for the one special branch. It didn't take me too long to find, considering it was the only branch spray painted red and black in swirling patterns. That was the branch I'd found Bob on on that one, special, magical night.


I lay on the lawn, basking in the sun, allowing myself to tan a little while my hair dried. Bob lay next to me, a can of diet coke between us and a stereo blasting out Misfits for the rest of the neighbourhood to hear. We heard angry yells from the neighbours to "keep the noise down". Everytime someone complained, we would crank it up a notch.
"Boys, pizza's ready!" I heard my mom yell.
Using all my remaining strength, I hauled myself up and stumbled into the kitchen, the marvelous aroma of my mom's Toro Pizza Special wafting through the house, garden and neighbourhood. I grabbed two slices and went back outside to eat in the warmth.
"Ray?" Bob asked.
"Yeah?"
"I love you. You're my best friend, Ray..." he murmured.


"RAY! RAYY! RAAAY!" I heard three familiar voices scream.
"Here." I say perfectly calmly.
If it had been any other three people in the world, they wouldn't have heard me, but us four shared a connection. We were like family. But with one member missing...
Sign up to rate and review this story