Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Our Time Is Running Out

Frank's Life 2/2

by AlexandraSweden 2 reviews

Final part of Frank's story.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2011-06-09 - Updated: 2011-06-09 - 973 words - Complete

0Unrated
Frank took a break from the story and stared at the ceiling with an empty and longing gaze.

Gerard could barely breathe since Frank's life had moved him so much. He needed to hear the rest of the story. "Don't stop talking!" Gerard ordered loudly.

Frank reluctantly obeyed his nosy nursing auxiliary.

"There wasn't like a voice from above told us about the new rules, we just knew. Like the message had been shot into our DNA.

We knew that we had brought the misery upon ourselves and had to live for 30 years to prove us worthy of reaching a better place than earth.

In the beginning I was just like you. I was waiting for my 30th birthday to finally die.

My sweet Anna-Belle never was the same after the day that happiness left us. Before she used to be a light that shone so damn bright but after the arrival of the cloud she became depressed.
Every day from sunrise to dawn she sat in an old beaten rocking chair and stared out a window. Anna-Belle had become a zombie.

Not even when I turned music on she reacted. Back in the days music would make her laugh and smile and dance around like a maniac in pure bliss.

I think her innocent little soul died that day because her being was built of laughter. When that was sucked out of her she had nothing left to run through her vessels.

I, who came from a rough background, knew that happiness only was temporary. Everything good has to have an end. I also knew that you are the king of your own life.

The years passed and I stayed with Anna-Belle and took care of her. Until there were only three days to my 30th birthday. Anna-Belle, who was a year younger than me, would have to take care of herself.

I'm ashamed to admit it but I wasn't really sad about leaving Anna-Belle. She was a corpse.

I ran down every street and screamed that my time was up, that I was about to finally die. If I had known what I know today I wouldn't have done that.

It was year 1911 when a gang of jealous kids beat me to death for bragging about my age.

Year 1914 I was reborn, this time in China as the baby of an extremely poor Chinese couple. Don't you think God is a Hindu? Yeah, because of the whole karma and reincarnation thing.

I mean, if you wait and are good you get to be a part of something bigger. The deep space where everything is perfect.
If you don't wait your soul is forced to move to a brand new body.

I found my second body quite fascinating since it was so different from my previous one. I was for example much shorter than before!

The thing with being reborn is that you have to learn everything from scratch but your memories from your past lives come in fragments. At the age of ten you can remember basically everything clearly.
Before that it's just a confused blur.

Being reborn gave me time to think. Why did I want to die in the first place? I realised that I actually enjoyed living.

Just to mess with the big guy up there among the clouds I decided that I would never go without a fight.

1944, the day before the date of my death I killed myself, by piercing my heart with a knife, and let my soul search for a new body. It's kind of like a hobby for me, Gerard.

1950 I was brought to another body again. This time I was born in New York since practically every living person left on earth had travelled there. It took my soul six years to find a new body. I bet there was a big damn queue of restless souls waiting for babies to jump into up there.

I didn't like my third body. It was very skinny built and couldn't handle anything too physical. Hardcore sex and working out was never on my agenda.

1980 I killed myself again. This time I died a more spectacular death. I had worked several months for the perfect death trap. It was a thing which caused a kind of domino-effect as I pushed a button.

Balls rolled in channels and set off pendulums and so on... In the end there was one thing connected to a gun which pulled the trigger.
In front of the gun I placed a chair. So I pushed the button, sat down on the chair and waited.

The last thing I heard was a loud 'bang'. I felt proud for pulling the thing off so nicely.

1985 my soul found this body, which I'm extremely thankful for. This is my favourite body so far.
I might be a bit too short for my liking but everything else is quite perfect. Right? I know you think so or you would have covered my crotch up better.

That's kind of my story. I'm 20 years old now and rocking my fourth body. I don't plan on stopping the whole rebirth thing until I'm the last damn person standing."


Gerard was left speechless by the end of Frank's story. The man lying on the mattress was absolutely insane.
The weird thing was that Gerard found himself really liking how different Frank was.

"I'm sorry you had to experience some of those things," Gerard said slowly. Frank shrugged softly.
"I bet you've been through a lot too, because that's life," he said cheerfully.

Gerard's head dropped. "I guess I haven't really lived."
Frank furrowed his perfectly shaped dark eyebrows. "How long have you got left?" he then asked.

"Less than two months," Gerard answered.

"That's enough time. I'll teach you how to live," Frank said. Frank - the teacher
Sign up to rate and review this story