Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Young and Hopeless

Chapter 15

by Luckystarz812 7 reviews

Monty: And if we can't find where we belong we'll have to make it on our own. Face all the pain and take it on, because the only hope for me is you alone

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-06-11 - Updated: 2011-06-12 - 1806 words

5Exciting
Saturday June 4th 2:34 PM

“So, it started with Mikey texting and calling his girlfriend, and ignoring us. Jamie got pissed,” Monty sighed into the phone. “They were yelling and screaming at eachother. I was practically stuck in the middle of it.”

“What did you do?” Ray asked, as he tried to slip away form his family for a few moments.

“Well, if you ask me, Mikey was being a douche, so I told him to knock it off, or get out,” Monty said. “And that’s what he did; he left.”

“And Jamie did…?”

“Jamie yelled after him, saying that the past seven years have been a waste of her life and that Mikey was a good for nothing friend,” Monty replied. “And then Jamie broke down, sobbing. I’ve never seen her cry so much.”

Ray sighed. “I don’t know what to do. They’ll have to work it out on their own. I hate to be like that, but they have to. I’m sorry, but they need eachother.”

“Mhm.” Monty paced back and forth in her room. “What are you doing now, Ray-Ray?”

“Ignoring my family,” Ray chuckled softly. “My dad wants to go on a fishing trip, and that is something I don’t particularly want to do.”

Monty smiled. “Wish we could hang out.”

“Hey, Beautiful, that’s a wonderful idea,” Ray said. “I’ll be at your house in twenty minutes.”

“Okie,” Monty giggled. “See you soon, Ray. Love ya.”

Monty heard the click and tossed her phone on her bed. She wandered downstairs, to see that her dad was actually home this weekend and not on some fancy trip. The downside of him being home was that she was here too. Emily was her name. She was too perfect and nice. Emily had been Robert Scott’s girlfriend for almost two years now. Monty liked her and all, but didn’t like her taking away her father.

“Dad,” Monty called out, trying to get her father’s attention.

“Yes, sweetie?” Her father replied.

“Ray’s picking me up in twenty minutes,” Monty said. “Don’t know where we’re going, but I’m leaving.”

This actually got her father’s attention away from Emily. “Montgomery, I don’t think I like you hanging with this boy all the time…”

Monty rolled her eyes. “Dad, I hung out with Ray before we were dating.”

“Boys will try to take advantage of you,” her father warned.

“Daddy,” Monty said, using the name that got her almost anything. “Nothing’s gonna happen between me and Ray. Besides, I had a boy in my room last night.”

Robert nodded. “Right, that Way kid. Michael, right? Isn’t he gay…?”

Monty stifled her laugh. “Not that I know of, but I’m not talking to him right now. Anyway, so it’s cool if I hang with Ray tonight?”

“But, tonight’s our Chinese food night.”

“Well, you have Emily to keep you company.”

As if on cue, the Mary-Sue walked in the kitchen with her perfect brown hair and perfect tan and perfect smile. “Montgomery, your father and I have been discussing something…vital, and we would love your opinion on it.”

“Shoot,” Monty said, glancing at the clock.

“What’s your opinion on marriag-”

The words have been cut off by the loud car horn from outside. Monty said goodbye, and then went outside, to be greeted in the arms of Ray Toro. The thoughts of the fight, and her father and Emily, quickly drained from Monty’s memory briefly. For this moment, everything was perfect. She had someone who was amazing and loved her, and what more could she want?

“I’ve missed you,” Ray said, placing a kiss on Monty’s forehead.

Monty grinned. “Missed you too, Ray-Ray. Come on, let’s go. Before my dad has a hissy fit.”

The two got in Ray’s semi-new car, and were quiet for a few moments. Monty still had no idea where they were going, but it wasn’t a key thing to know at the moment.

“So, how are you?” Ray asked, trying to spark a conversation.

Monty shrugged. “Eh, been better, you know? Just, I think Monday we’ll have to choose between Jamie or Mikey. Their fight sounded pretty dang serious. Plus, I think my dad and his girlfriend might get married.”

Ray’s eyes widened as he shook his head a bit. “Wow. Well hopefully today will be better.”

“Where are we going?” Monty asked, suddenly curious of their final location.

“It’s not much the destination as the journey.”

Monty giggled softly, as Ray tried to sound philosophical. Soon, Ray parked his car, and Monty realized they were on the other side of town, by the woods. Not their woods where the tree house was located, but the other woods. They trekked through the wooded area, finally making out to a clearing.

Monty immediately recognized Ray’s father and older brother who were fishing. She then saw the picnic blanket and picnic basket. She laughed quietly, taking Ray’s hand. This whole get up was really cute and sweet.

“Ray Toro, you’re sweet,” Monty grinned. “But, I have to say, this is cliché. I still like it though.”

Ray smiled. “Good, cause I’m such a hopeless romantic.”
-----------------------------
“I fucking hate him, Frank!” Jamie sobbed on the phone. “Am I really no better than that whore? I thought he liked me, I thought he flirted back!”

“Jamie,” Frank said, being put in an awkward position. “Shh, it’s going to be okay. I promise. Look, I’ll talk to you tomorrow night, when I get back.”
------------------------------

Ray and Monty had a lovely picnic, watching the Toro’s fish, and had a nice chat, about any thing and every thing that didn’t involve their friends. Ray was nerding out to a new Transformer’s comic, and Monty couldn’t help but giggle at the cuteness.

“Let’s go for a walk,” Ray suggested, Monty nodded. “Dad! We’re going for a walk!”

“Be back in an hour!”

The couple walked into the woods, on the path, holding hands, and talking about nothing relevant. Ray decided they should take a rest for a little bit, and then head back, because they had walked quite far into the woods. They were perched on a boulder, Monty leaning on Ray.

“Who says you need a million fake friends, when you can a small group of peeps who love, care, and understand you, right?” Monty ranted. “And why would someone be stupid enough to throw away their friendship, for some girl?”

“I would,” Ray said, “for you.”

Monty smiled, giving him a peck on the cheek. “Okay, let me rephrase that. Why would someone be stupid enough to throw away their friendship for some whore?”

“Still mad?” Ray asked. “Monty, let it go, it doesn’t involve you. Look, it’s the end of the school year and everyone is stressed out to the max. I know you guys have regents and finals and all that shit. After the seventeenth, we should be more relaxed. But, right now, it’s just you and me. No one else matters.”

“But, what if… Like, what if one of them tries to hurt themselves?! We can let that happen! I-”

“Montgomery, you worry too much,” Ray said softly. “They’ll be fine, trust me.”

Ray and Monty sat on the rock, watching the sun set over the lake. Wait, sunset? The couple jumped up in panic, realizing what time it was and how late it actually was. They ran back to the car, where Mr. Toro and Ray’s brother were waiting. Mr. Toro had his arms crossed with a disapproving look across his face.

“Ugh, Dad, I’m sorry,” Ray apologized. “We were talking and lost track of time.”

“You can say goodbye to your car for a week.”

Ray nodded, and him and Monty got in his car, being that this was the last time he’d see his car for a week. He drove Monty home. Ray beeped and Monty waved as they drove through town seeing Jamie and Cari walking by. Ray dropped Monty off; saying goodbye, and then drove back to his dad’s.

“Dad…” Monty called out nervously. “I’m home…”

“And where were you?!” Her father yelled, storming into the kitchen, clearly mad. Emily waltzed in, in her perfect way, sitting next to her boyfriend.

Monty bit her lip. “I told you I was going to hang with Ray today.”

“That was about five hours ago!”

“We lost track of time.”

“Do you know how irresponsible that was?” Robert Scott questioned. “Do you know how worried we were?”

“She doesn’t care,” Monty said, realizing what she said after it was too late. “She just wants to get rid of me, so she can have you all to herself.”

Rob sighed. “Montgomery, you know that isn’t true.”

“SHE,” Monty exclaimed, pointing at Emily, “is trying to replace Mom and you know it! How am I ever supposed to see my mom when she’s all the way in Florida? We just HAD to move all the way to Jersey, right? So I can never see her! You just want me to forget about the mistake YOU made! Well, I won’t, because she is MY MOM!”

“Monty, sweetie, calm down,” Emily tried to reason. She looked like she had actual tears in her eyes. “I’m sorry, but my mom died when I was really young. I’m not trying to replace your mother.”

“Well, I know someone whose mother died in a car crash, okay? I don’t want to grow up without a mother, like her. I just want to see my mom a little more than once a year,” Monty sighed. “Is that reasonable, Dad?”

Mr. Scott exhaled. “Montgomery, I am very disappointed in you right now. I think it’s best that we discuss this another time. And, I don't want you seeing that boy anytime soon."

“Right, right,” Monty said, trying not to burst in anger again. “What? You don’t want me seeing her, because I’ll egt some crazy radical idea, and become prego at sixteen, like the two of you did. I completely get it. Don't even count on me staying away from Ray."

Monty ran up into her room, slamming the door shut. She then opened it, yelling, “I really hate you sometimes.” Then slammed her door shut once again, for dramatic effect. “Life is so un-fucking-fair,” Monty mumbled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Angsty teenagers xD So, I have two days of school, a "moving up" party, and then two regents, THEN I'll be done with school, which means, more frequent updates, after next Friday :)
Sign up to rate and review this story