Categories > Original > Fantasy > Imaginary

Prologue

by cRaZyD3z 1 review

She couldn’t let her fantasies take over the real world. She had to grow up, stop being that little innocent kid everyone knew her as. This was the beggining of a new her.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-06-12 - Updated: 2011-06-12 - 1371 words

0Unrated
Prologue:
It was a cold winter morning. The clouds seem to have gotten asleep and have fell so low they were only hovering couple centimeters above the cold, damp paved road that lead to a little grey house. Standing on the other side of the forest, away from the busy center of town, and surrounded by trees and fog was Destiny´s home. A house, she will soon have to leave. There she was, sitting on the other side of the window, watching the puddles being formed on the road and hearing the soft crashing of rain drops against the window. Destiny thought, much to her surprise, about the future.
She never did. She was known for spending the whole day in her own fantasy world, that magical place which was perfectly made for her and in which she could run to whenever life turned out against her, which was quite often. There, she couldn’t get hurt by anything, or anyone. Many people thought she was insane, even her teacher took her to the school psychologist once, but she wasn’t… was she? She didn’t know. There had come a point in which she couldn’t distinguish if her world was only in her mind or was for real. When she was little she would believe it was real, she had always thought it was real, but later she noticed. She noticed that it was impossible. That it was just her imagination… and she left everything behind.
She thought she was doing right. She couldn’t let her fantasies take over the real world. She had to grow up, stop being that little innocent kid everyone knew her as. As she thought this, Destiny stopped her own tears from escaping her eyes. She was not going to cry over all that nonsense. Crying was for babies. It was a sign of weakness. She could get through it. She knew she would. Someone knocked at the door, making Destiny come out of her trance. She didn’t answer. She knew who it was.
-Destiny? - Someone asked on the other side of the door. She said nothing. The person knocked again. She refused to open the door.
-Destiny, they are going to be here soon…
Destiny stood up and walked towards the mirror. She took a look at herself. She looked dead. Her skin was pale white, her beautiful emerald green eyes were red and teary and her long, brown hair was a mess.
-Des…- her sister said again, her voice barely above a whisper. Destiny walked to the door and opened it- Her sister was standing there, dressed in a black dress with ruffles at the end that accentuated her curves. -Do you think it’s too short? - Destiny smiled untruly.
-Its fine- She said shrugging, even though she thought the dress was way too provocative for a funeral.
-I think you should get ready- she said softly, taking a look at her little sister and handing her a black dress and black high heels. Destiny frowned.
-Do I have to?- she asked weakly.
-Yes- her sister said, and walked away before Destiny could say anything else.
Destiny had always dressed in black. She didn’t know why but it made her feel comfortable. It shouldn’t have been difficult to wear a black dress for a couple hours but, for the first time, she wished no one forced her to wear black and wear happy colors. She couldn’t understand herself. She wore black, dark and dull colors almost always and for happy occasions, such as weddings or birthdays (black was her usual color), but when things turned out sad she would dress in red, orange or lime green. She pulled the black dress over her head and looked in the mirror again. She felt so out of place.
-God, I don’t understand myself- she thought out loud, and put on the black high heels. She wished she didn’t have to wear them. They were like torture for her, and she was already suffering enough. She brushed her hair, staring blankly at the mirror.
-Honey- her sister called entering the room and making Destiny jump out of her thoughts once more.- Oh you look beautiful. Let me see you- she grabbed Destiny’s hand and made her turn around. Then she smiled softly- Your mom would be proud of you…
-She was your mother too- Destiny shot. Her sister frowned staring guiltily at her sister. Destiny tried to apologize- Sorry… I-I don’t know wha…
-It’s alright- her sister interrupted.
-Sally, I´m sorry. I feel like a spoiled bitch- Destiny told her sister. Sally frowned at the swear word but kissed her forehead and walked downstairs.
Destiny took her purse and looked out the window. It was raining heavier and the sky was greyer than before. A car pulled up in front of the house and Destiny instantly felt a huge pain inside. Tears rushed up to her eyes so fast she couldn’t stop them from pouring out. She didn’t bother to stop. She started weeping softly, almost enjoying her last tears. This was it, the start of a new her. Not the weak, innocent, nerdy kid that was always bullied at school but more self-confident… and less dreamy. She wiped out her tears. This was the beginning of a new life. She heard Sally call her name and said goodbye to her fantasy world as she stepped out of the room…
As she walked to the car, rain started falling stronger but she didn’t care about the rain, she kept walking. Then music started playing. All of a sudden she stopped and turned around but there was no one to be seen. Still she could hear it through the sound of the rain, a sweet, sad, soft melody playing on a guitar. The car beeped, everyone was inside except for her and she was already dripping wet. Realizing that, she run to the car and the music stopped. Aunt Marie gave her a death stare and Sally started shouting
-You’re drenched! Look at yourself, you already looked awful before, and now! Ugh. I can never understand you. What was so interesting about the rain? You see it every fucking day…
-Sally! Language!- Aunt Marie shouted. And Sally apologized. Aunt Marie was very strict, stiff as a branch. Her death stare could make the devil cry. And she hated me. And I feared her.- Look at yourself, you are a disgrace to us. How do you expect to get to funeral all wet and muddy… WHERE ARE YOUR HIGH HEELS?- she was shouting now, she only shouted when she was really mad.
-I didn’t put them on, I hate them. I’d rather wear flats- I retorted, not even looking at her. She lifted my dress.
-You are not wearing tights either- she was furious now. Her eyes were red and filled with hatred. I was a dishonor for her, and for everyone. I pulled away from her grasp and stared out the window. She kept on mumbling things about how much of a disgrace I was and that I should be ashamed of myself but I didn’t listen. I just looked at the rain. It was so beautiful. And then the music came back. Sweet, calming music, this time much louder than before, but no one seemed to hear it. So I just closed my eyes and listened.
“Saints protect her now…”
A voice sang, broken, rough and dry, but beautiful. Hauntingly beautiful. I was enchanted. And let go completely. I drifted into nothing, the non-existent world that I banished.
Come angels of unknown
Come angels of unknown...

******
Hey guyz! First chapter for ya (more like a prologue but whatever :P)
I know this kinda sucks, the story gets better later, though. The song in the end (the one Destiny hears in her head) is Interlude by My Chemical Romance (shortest song I have ever heard XP)
anywayz, hope you like this. Will post more. Soon! Promise! :D
review plzzzzzzz???? will make me very happy :D :D :D :D :D
Sign up to rate and review this story