Categories > Original > Fantasy > Imaginary

Whispers

by cRaZyD3z 1 review

She was like a ghost, or an angel; a dark angel in my window sill. I must be dreaming.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-06-12 - Updated: 2011-06-12 - 1294 words

0Unrated
Whispers
She was standing on the edge of my bedroom window, her back facing me. Due to the dark night and the moon being the only source of light I couldn’t see her very clearly. I rubbed my eyes and through the confusion and blurred vision managed to see a girl, quite tall, with black hair that was beautifully shaking in the cold night air. She was wearing a grey, thin dress that caught to her perfect curves and let the beam of the moon shine over her perfect, pale legs. I couldn’t do anything else but stare, both too terrified and too captivated by her beauty to say or do anything. She was like a ghost, or an angel; a dark angel in my window sill. I must be dreaming. A soft voice came to my ears.
“Catch me as I fall. Say you’re here and it’s all over now.”
I stood up from bed almost unconsciously and walked towards the closed window. I couldn’t let the dark angel jump to her death so I did what she told me
-I’m here- I said, my voice barely above a whisper. She didn’t reply, just stood there in the freezing winter air. - I’m here- I repeated louder this time.
The beautiful, tender voice sang to me again, so softly that, if I wouldn’t have seen the angel in my window, I would have thought it was the wind playing a trick on my mind.
“Speaking to the atmosphere. No one´s here and I fall into myself…”
I pressed my fingertips against the window and tried to make her hear me, to save her.
-No! I’m here, I’m here! - I shouted. The dark angel grabbed her legs, bringing them to her chest and put her head in her arms. It was useless. She couldn’t hear me. But how could it be possible? I was shouting! That’s when I noticed: she was sleepwalking. I had to save her.
“I know I can stop the pain if I will it all the way…”
She was slipping off. I opened the window as quickly as I could and reached for her arm…
-I’m here! NO!
…but it was too late. She had fallen and was lying on the pavement, a puddle of blood under her head. Whispers came to my head again, so many that they mounted up and became screams.
“Don’t turn away. Don’t give into the pain. Don’t try to hide, though they´re screaming your name…”
I yelped, shrieked, cried of horror as I hold my head between my hands, trying to get rid of the haunting voices.
“Don’t close your eyes; god knows what lies behind them. Don’t turn of the light…”
I screamed as loud as my lugs could…
“Never sleep, never die”
...and then found myself enveloped in silence. I opened my eyes. I was in my bed again. I run to the window and looked down at the pavement. There was nothing. The angel was gone, as well as the blood, as well as the haunting moon and the cold winter night, that had turned into a beautiful red, pink and purple dawn. The voices had also left, although they still ringed in my ears but were no longer giving me a headache.
It was a nightmare. Everything had been another fucking nightmare! I fell to the floor, a cold sweat running down my forehead as I tried my best to forget what I had seen. It had been a nightmare, yes, but they were so real. They were almost like reality. When I was little I would go to bed early only to dream because I felt it was my only escape from the cruel world that surrounded me. In my world of dreams I would feel save and it looked so real that, for an instant, I came to think it was real. But I was just a child. Now I’m almost 18. I will graduate soon. I have no time for children’s games. And now my dreams had turned into nightmares, horrifying nightmares that haunted me night after night.
-Will- I heard my mom call from the other side of the door. I cleared my throat and took a deep breath before answering.
-Yes mom?- I tried to keep my voice steady but it came out shaky and weak. Hope she didn’t notice.
-Are you alright, honey?- Crap.
-I…I’m fine mom… just… just a little tired.- I lied, my voice a little steadier than before.
-Oh… alright. Hurry up; it’s almost 8:30.
I looked at the clock. Major crap. Today was the first day of school and being late was not a good way to start the year. I stood shakily from the floor, I almost couldn’t stand up. I walked to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I was pale white and hade huge dark circles around my eyes. But, even worst, you could see marks through my face that confirmed I had been crying. I washed my face with cold water and went downstairs after dressing up. My mom smiled at me when I came down and I plastered a fake smile on my face. But I had never been good at lying and my mom noticed there was something wrong, though she didn’t say anything. And right then I was thankful for it, but I knew she would come up with the dreaded question later on. I kissed my mom goodbye, grabbed my backpack and went out the door. The chilling air greeted me and I started walking.
When I reached the school I jumped over the fence and looked at my clock. 8:55, that meant 5 more minutes till the bell. I ran through the parking lot, skillfully dodging the cars and busses. Right when I turned around the last bus, a girl stepping out the bus twisted her ankle and fell forwards. I ran, almost unconsciously, and grabbed her before she hit the ground. It was all so fast that it took me a couple of seconds to process all that have happened. She was in my arms; I was holding her by her waist.
-Are you ok?- I asked her. But she only stood up and pushed me away. I think I heard a mumbled “I’m fine”, but it could’ve easily been the wind. Great, now even a girl beats be up. Don’t be a macho, Will. Women are the same as men (but it still bothers a guy to get thrown to the ground so easily by a chick!) I stood from the floor, remembering I was late, and ran to class, only to be shoved to the ground (again) by a bunch of jocks at the entrance and be called “emo fag”. This is going to be a fun year…
******
Chapter one (kinda sucks too, me thinks…) you tell me.
First chapter - Will´s PoV
Its kinda hard to write from a guys point of view but I tried my best. Hope it was good enough. Next chapter will be Destiny´s point of view. Song (nightmare) was Whisper, Evanescence again. (I think you all have probably figured out by now that they are my fav band!) Plus, all their songs fit VERY well with the story so, why not? :D I might include some more MCR ones two (2nd fav band - my friend got me addicted) as well as others, dunno yet.
Hope you enjoyed! Reviews will be like heaven for me :D :D :D :D
Luv ya’ll
D3z*_-
Sign up to rate and review this story