Categories > Original > Fantasy > Imaginary

This is Life, Pain Is Just a Simple Compromise

by cRaZyD3z 0 reviews

I want someone... just someone to be with.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-06-12 - Updated: 2011-06-12 - 1229 words

0Unrated
This is Life, Pain Is Just a Simple Compromise
“We all learn to make mistakes
and run from them, from them
with no direction
we’ll run from them, from them
with no conviction
cause I’m just one of those ghosts
travelling endlessly…”

The music stopped abruptly as I turned off my i-pod. The school parking lot was now a couple meters away from the bus. New year, new school, new people… I shouldn’t have moved. But then again, I had to, or I would have to live under a bridge (it was probably better that living with Aunt Marie, however) The bus stopped, the doors opened and everyone was out as fast as a blink. They were all anxious to meet their friends and talk about what they did over the summer. I had done nothing, had no friends to tell it to, so I was not what you call excited.
The summer had gone by at light speed. Between the days I spend with my mother at the hospital, the endless nightmares that haunted me night after night, the stupid family reunions to which I had to attend dressed all preppy and faking a smile and then... my mom’s funeral… I wish I didn’t have to go to school. Couldn’t I stay home and go school next year... or next… or next? No, I will have to graduate next year. This is probably the most important year of all… and I’m sure I’m going to fail.
I’d had another nightmare last night. A really weird one. What the hell where those nightmares supposed to mean? They made no sense. Nonetheless, they were horrible. I remembered it clearly: there was a desert, a vast red desert that was covered by a black sky crowded with clouds. The place was so awkward. There was a twisted, creepy, half-ruined castle off in the distance and a soft wind brought a weird, ugly smell. Something like… cooked human meat… it was revolting and frightening. I walked through the odd desert until I found myself surrounded by shadows, really long and tall shadows in the ground; however, there was no one around. All of a sudden, the shadows became three-dimensional and started attacking me, ripping my clothes off, and once I was naked they started laughing at me. They would not stop. Then, one of the shadows came towards me.. he was holding a knife.
I ran away as fast I could but they were everywhere, there was no escaping. All of a sudden I felt a huge pain. It was like if somebody had gotten in my chest and was ripping my flesh apart from the inside. I fell to the ground, not able to stand up, not able to catch by breath. I looked down and saw the most frightening sight ever. In my lap, was my heart, still beating, ripped out directly from my chest which had now a huge, deep open cut and was bleeding like fucking hell. I froze, the sight traumatizing me. And then I woke up; screaming and yelping with pain. When I looked down, my body was undamaged but my chest was full of blood, as well as my hands…
A chill went down my spine. I didn’t want to remember that nightmare, it was too awful, but I was still debating what it might have meant. Suddenly coming out of my trance and noticing I was the last person still on the bus, I lifted my body numbly from the chair and walked slowly out. I stopped at the last step. I had been a second close to stepping out of the bus with my left foot. My mom used to tell me that was bad luck…
She had always been very superstitious. I never was, thought I believed everything she told me when I was little, I grew up and saw those things as children stories. Stories... she had a ton of them. Not on paper, but written on her mind, where they would never get damaged. She would tell me a different story every night, about distant worlds with dragons and dragonslayers, evil witches and fairy godmothers. Whenever I felt sad, there she was with a new story to tell me. Sometimes I felt so bad I didn’t even want to hear it, but she told it anyway and as much as I tried to ignore her, I couldn’t. They were so enchanting, so full of magic. When story finished, I felt much better. And after thinking a while, I realized the argument of the story was very similar to what had made me upset, and the girl always had the same reaction as me. The stories always had morals. My mother’s stories taught me everything I needed to know; why people are cruel, why the world sucks, why there is so much pain and sorrow... but also why we should, however, be grateful of what we have and never treat someone as we wouldn’t want them to treat us.
She was possibly the most caring, loyal, loving mother to ever walked the earth. And she was gone. The world´s cruelty took her away from me. Since that day, I forgot all that my mother taught me. I forgot how to forgive and learned how to hate. I turned cruel towards the world. If they were not merciful to me, why should I be to them? The world sucks. My mother had no idea.
However, if there was a 50% probability that stepping out the bus with the left foot was going to make my first year in a new school go shit, then I wouldn’t take the risk. It was already going to be dreadful, and bad luck wasn’t going to make things better. So I switched foot and stepped out the bus. But, as I did so, my ankle twisted painfully and I fell forwards. Expecting to fall to the ground I closed my eyes and put my arms in front of me, but instead of hitting the concrete floor, I stood, held in someone’s arms.
-Are you ok?- a soft, concerned voice said.
I lifted by head. The sun was hitting my eyes so I couldn’t see his face. He was holding me by my waist, and I didn’t like it the slightest. I didn’t care if he saved me from hitting my face, that was unwanted physical contact with a stranger, and he was a guy = DANGER.
I stood quickly and fiercely pulled away from his grasp.
-I’m fine- I said violently, and ran to my class. Way to start the school year…
I only wished I had someone to share my sadness with. Someone who understood me, who wouldn’t think I’m a dishonor or love me only when other people aren’t around because they are ashamed of what people might think seeing him with me. Someone…
“Someone care to classify
broken hearts and twisted minds
so I can find someone to rely on
and run to him, to him
full-speed ahead…”

…just someone to be with
******
Hiya! So, here is chapter two, in Destiny’s PoV
song is Misguided Ghosts by Paramore
next chapter, Destiny and Will meet :D
hope u enjoyed!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story