Categories > Original > Fantasy > Imaginary

I Lost My Place

by cRaZyD3z 0 reviews

It couldn’t be possible, I know it couldn’t. Yet there she was...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-06-12 - Updated: 2011-06-12 - 1050 words

0Unrated
I Lost My Place
Those nightmares where driving me crazy. And that girl… it felt like I had seen her before. Probably in my dreams. I’ve had so many I can’t remember some, most of them I’m sure I don’t even want to remember. Ever since I left my world, those nightmares have been haunting me, night after night, after night. My sleeping had become worst, now I’m like a vampire; I’m all hyper in the night and next morning I feel like a zombie. My sleeping patterns are messed up. I think I am too.
I had gotten the farthest seat from the jocks and the cheerleaders, a.k.a. the lonely seat in the corner of the class, near the window. The seat next to me was empty, waiting for someone who wasn’t an asshole. The teacher was not in class yet and there was an awful lot of noise in the class. The “popular” girls, which I guess were mostly cheerleaders, were sitting in circle and talking about shoes, miniskirts and how “fat” they were. I frowned when I heard one of them mention throwing up. Now that was just sad. It’s incredible how much these girls can suffer in order to be “popular”. And they think that if they look and act like Barbies they would look “sexy”. Well to me they were ugly, really. A bunch of fake blondes with no brain and stick-like legs, though I kind of felt sorry for them. Once you got in there, it was hard to get out.
And then there were the jocks, talking about who got into the pants of most girls during the summer. How can I even belong to the same… species? They were disgusting, the type of guys that think in one thing and one thing only. Why must I be the only reasonable dude in the class? Or was I… the stupid one? No, I can’t be. I know that what they are doing is not right. But if I am the only one who thinks that way then… maybe I’m the one who´s wrong. I took a look around; I was the only one sitting alone. Shit, now I felt lost. I just wanted school to start so it could end soon. Just when the bell rang, the door flew open, everyone’s eyes stared and my jaw dropped.
“Seemed to stop by breath…”
She was there, in front of me, standing at the door. It couldn’t be possible, I know it couldn’t. Yet there she was, her beautiful long brown hair falling perfectly around her slim waist and her emerald green eyes rimmed with eyeliner looking for somewhere to sit, trying to ignore the bunch of eyes that had been placed upon her. Her eyes stopped at the chair next to me and then she came, almost running to the seat. She sat down and placed her backpack on the desk. I was so dumbfounded that I didn’t even say hi. I took a closer look at her, and saw that she was the girl who almost fell out the bus. Her skin was pale as snow and her face was so perfect, so hauntingly beautiful that I wanted to keep staring at her forever. And her eyes, her penetrating eyes were unimaginable. They were captivating. They were just enchanting. Like perfect green emeralds sewn carefully into her perfect round face.
“(I'm melting, I’m melting)
In your eyes
I lost my place
Could stay a while”

She sighted heavily and I almost jumped, noticing I had been staring at her for a long minute. I managed to say hello. She looked at me.
-Oh… hi… I...I hope you don’t mind that I sit here there’s… no other place- she moved her hand in the air showing me there were no empty seats. It was her. It so definitely was her, I recognized that voice; that delicate, sad, melancholic voice. She was the girl from my dream, the dark angel. She was exactly the same, only her hair wasn’t black... that must’ve been the poor light.
-Of course I don’t mind- I smiled.
“Like my first time
that I caught fire…”

She smiled weakly and looked at me straight into the eyes. I stared into them and she stared into mine and, for an instant, the world seemed to slow down. Then she spoke.
-Do… do you mind If I get the window please? - I nodded and we switched places. I tried to say something, anything... but the words wouldn’t come out.
-Umm... so how’s you ankle?
-Huh?
Lame…
-The bus, you twisted your ankle when you stepped out, I grabbed you almost by instinct…
Ok dude, you didn’t have to say that! Shut up! Shut up before it’s too late!
-Oh yes... I’m fine, thanks…- she looked away.
Way to go Will…
Trying to be “romantic”, or at least cute, was not working (what a surprise) so I just acted like myself. They always say that in movies, right? “Be yourself, that will work!” As if that would be easy… I took a deep breath
-By the way my name’s Will- She turned her face around and a cute little smile spread on her face.
-Destiny- she replied. Such a beautiful name fit her perfectly. I found myself grinning like an idiot, but I didn’t care. Destiny, the dark angel, was sitting next to me. Something that doesn’t happen every day: you get to know the girl of your dreams (literally!).
“I'm melting (I'm melting)
In your eyes
I lost my place
Could stay a while
And I'm melting
In your eyes
Like my first time
That I caught fire
Just stay with me
Lay with me now…”

******
Song: I Caught Fire - The Used
This is so badly written it’s sad... but it’s the best I could do. I’ve been having a HUGE writers block. I hope this is good enough, thought. (Lols inwardly as she remembers how much fun it was to write Will’s unsuccessful attempt to being “romantic”) review! review! review!
D3z*_-
Sign up to rate and review this story