Categories > Original > Fantasy > Imaginary

Im Alone on the Journey, Im Alive Nonetheless

by cRaZyD3z 1 review

Her warm breath in my neck, her soft touch, my arms around her waist. It was intoxicating. She was so beautiful, so perfect, that it was driving me crazy...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-06-12 - Updated: 2011-06-12 - 1106 words

0Unrated
I’m Alone on the Journey, I’m Alive Nonetheless
I heard her clearly. VERY clearly. Thought I acted like I didn’t.
-What was that?- I asked. Let’s see what excuse she comes up with this time.
-Huh?
-Oh my god, stop talking to yourself!
-I...I was talking?
I fought to hold in my laugh.
-Yeah... it’s like the third time you do it. What’s wrong?
-No… nothing. But I didn’t say anything, right?
It was so cute. She was such a terrible liar.
-No. I just heard you mumble something about me so I thought you were telling me something
Don’t laugh, don’t laugh.
-You? No, no. I was not thinking about you.
-Oh...ok- she was starting to feel uncomfortable now, so I stopped messing with her. At least she thought I had a nice ass.
When the first break came, I grabbed her by the wrist and took her to the music room without saying anything.
-W…Where are we going?-she asked nervously. I just put my finger on my lips and guided her to the music room through the people. Once we reached it, we slid in making sure no one saw us. The teacher was not in and we wanted no trouble. Destiny stood at the door as I walked to the piano.
-C’mon, don’t just stay there- I said giggling slightly. She smiled and sat on the floor, her head lying against the side of the piano, looking at me curiously. I lifted the shiny black fall that covered the keys and took a deep breath.
The keys fell slowly and delicately under my fingers, infinity of feelings hidden behind every single note. She closes her eyes and drifts into the melody. I do too, and we both get lost in the beauty of the only thing that we are vulnerable towards: music. All the love, the passion that I felt for her was hidden in that song. I wrote it for you. She breathes, she opens her eyes, she smiles, yet she says nothing.
The bell rings. We don’t move. We stay there, locked in each other’s eyes. She is beautiful. I love her. But the only thing I can do to show it to her is this song. The only way of letting her now is this piece of art that she inspired me to write. I wrote it for you.
And finally, she speaks.
-It’s beautiful.
I smile and she smiles too. I hope she understood. I hope she felt the same. I hope she liked the song I wrote for her.
-We should get going, the bell has rung
And we leave, silent, but not in the uncomfortable silence. The silence that sais everything and nothing at all. She knows, she knows. Yet she doesn’t say anything. Why does she hide it? I just want her to love me back.
She was silent for the rest of the morning, until lunch. Then she was herself again, eating her spaghetti like she hadn’t seen food in a month.
-Slow down! You are going to choke- I said laughing. She was devouring her lunch. And it was cafeteria food. She must’ve been very hungry. She smiled.
-Sorry, I haven’t ate breakfast.
-Oh, then it’s understandable. But try not so make such a mess- I pointed to the table, which was full of tomato sauce.
-Sorry, I’m the worst eater ever.
-Pfffft, you should see me when I haven’t ate breakfast. The whole plate will be gone by now. That is why the cleaning ladies hate me- We both laughed.
We left the lunch room when the bell rang and since it was sunny that way we went out to our tree. It was huge and leafy now that the summer was approaching, and its shadow was a comforting rest from the roasting sun. We lay in the grass, talking about random things, especially music. We were rambling about MCR, my favorite band, and Paramore, her favorite band, when I looked at her and saw she had her eyes closed. She was sleeping soundly.
“I’ll be wide awake
and you’ll be asleep…”

She looked so beautiful. Her eyes were so delicately closed and the corners her lips were turned upwards slightly in the shape of a soft smile. Her breathing was deep and relaxed. It looked like she was having a beautiful dream. I moved closer to her slowly, trying not to wake her up, and laid next to her, our heads touching softly. She opened her eyes slowly and turned her face to look at me.
-Sorry, did I wake you? - I said worried. She just smiled.
-No, it’s ok- she said sleepily, her voice just above a whisper. She placed her head on my neck, hugging me with her left arm. I breathed in her smell and hugged her too. I felt like I was in heaven. Her warm breath in my neck, her soft touch, my arms around her waist. It was intoxicating. She was so beautiful, so perfect, that it was driving me crazy
“You’ll be the poison
and you’ll be the cure”

I didn’t tell her I had dreamt of her last night, or ever since I knew her. I hadn’t told her I died for her; for her eyes, her arms, her lips, her love. But I was a coward after all. I would never have the guts to tell her. I turned my head to look at her perfect face, and noticed how close our mouths were, her lips lightly parted. I was an inch close, an inch close to those perfect pink lips, an inch close to kissing her as I had done so many times in my dreams. I reached for her mouth, but ended up kissing her forehead instead. I held her tight and a tear escaped my eye, knowing that I would never be able to hold her like this, to kiss her with all my heart and soul and to be with her forever as I had dreamed so many times. But I guess it’s only that. It’s only a dream. I closed my eyes and drifted away with her again.
“I guess that sometimes
we both loose our minds
to find a better road”

**********
song: The All-American Rejects - The Poison
So far this is my favorite chapter. Why cant guys like this exist!? anywayz... tell me what u think? much love
D3z*_-
Sign up to rate and review this story