Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Things You Never Told Me

Chapter 1

by fueledbyPanic 1 review

Mikey gets a scare...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-06-10 - Updated: 2011-06-13 - 497 words

0Unrated
Gerard weakly lifted his hand and dragged the cold blade across his wrist for what he told himself was the last time.

It was a routine now, locking himself in the bathroom and slicing the razor across his arm - a slash for each of his flaws. It seemed like his list of reasons for hating himself was growing longer each night.

But tonight was no ordinary night; Gerard had gotten the idea to slit his wrist twice for each fault. He was losing a dangerous amount of blood, much more than the usual trickles into the sink, and he found himself struggling to keep consciousness. He looked down at the mess he had made on the counter and realized his sight was starting to blur.

"Shit, I gotta clean this up."

He shakily reached for the old and worn rag he kept handy for this particular purpose. 

As he mopped up the dark claret staining the countertop, he did not notice his razor blade still lying next to the sink in a scarlet puddle. As he brought his hand down, the blade cut through the thin fabric of the rag and dug a deep gash in his palm, causing him to lose even more blood. He grimaced at the pain, cursing under his breath as he blacked out and slumped onto the cold tiled floor. 

~

Mikey slammed his math book shut in frustration. 

"Goddamn teachers... piling all this work on us as if we didn't have enough to worry about already..." 

He looked out his bedroom window and saw that it was raining, a cold wind blowing the dead leaves up off the sidewalk, making them flutter and swirl around like they were doing some sort of dismal funeral dance. Mikey wearily stood up from his desk, deciding he'd had enough of homework for one night. He headed across the dark hallway to the bathroom to brush his teeth before crashing. There was no light coming from the bathroom he shared with his older brother so he was a bit puzzled when he found the door locked. He knocked a few times. No answer. 

"Gerard, you in there?" Still no answer. 

There was no sound of running water so Mikey could tell his brother wasn't taking a shower or brushing his teeth. He sighed and dug around in his pockets for something to pick the lock with. He pulled out what appeared to be a bent paperclip and after a moment of poking around and swearing he heard the lock click. 

He pushed the door open, but something seemed to be blocking the door from opening all the way. Mikey reached out an arm and groped around the wall for the light switch. He flipped the lights on and looked down, and felt his blood run cold. 

His brother was passed out on the bathroom floor, arms covered in blood. 

"Oh God, Gerard! No, no..."


Please R/R I want to know what you guys think.
Sign up to rate and review this story