Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Things You Never Told Me

Chapter 3

by fueledbyPanic 1 review

Drool, unicorns, and straighteners...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-06-15 - Updated: 2011-06-16 - 796 words - Complete

0Unrated
If I cut off your arms and cut off your legs, would you still love me anyways? If you're bound-
Gerard stuck his hand out and hastily turned off his alarm clock. 

I cut up my own arms and apparently Mikey still loves me...

He looked down at his sleeping brother, whose head was on the other's stomach and happened to be drooling. 

"Eww..."

He took off his now spit-covered shirt in disgust and smacked Mikey in the head. 

"Wake up! We have to go to school."

Mikey shot up and fell out of his chair, mumbling incoherently. Gerard couldn't help but giggle; the boy was quite a sight. His glasses were hanging off one ear, hair sticking up in every direction, and dear God that blanket - pink, fluffy, and covered in unicorns. He'd had the thing since he was a little kid.

"Huh? Wha..."

"School, dumbass. Today's Thursday."

"Hmmrgf"

Mikey, still wrapped in his blanket, tried to stand up but stepped on a corner of the blanket and fell flat on his face. By this time Gerard was roaring with laughter while Mikey tried to yell at him with his face in the carpet. As Gerard pulled Mikey up off the floor, a sudden pain shot through his arm. He looked down and realized his hands and arms were still wrapped up in bandages.

"Shit! Mikey, how am I supposed to go to school like this?"

"What, without your shirt? You could try wearing some clothes." Mikey was still grumpy about having eaten carpet.

Gerard glanced down at his bare torso, not having put on another shirt earlier. "That's not what I meant."

"Umm...well," Mikey glanced outside the window. "It's still raining outside so you can just wear a big hoodie."

"Yeah, but my hands are still gonna show."

"Don't you have fingerless gloves?"

"Oh, right. Why didn't I think of that?"

"Cause your head's probably full of fluff."

"Says the one with the pink unicorn blankie."

"B-but they're real! I've told you before!"

Gerard shook his head in amusement and made his way to the bathroom to brush his teeth. Mikey came in a minute later having changed into jeans and a hoodie. He took out his straightener and plugged it in. Gerard glared at him in the mirror.

"Do you seriously need to fry your hair like that every day?"

Mikey brandished the fully heated straightener in Gerard's face. "You look like you could use it yourself."

"I think I look fine, thank you very much."

Gerard returned to his bedroom to change. As he pulled on a pair of frayed jeans he thought about what had happened last night. He had been trying to get some packing done, since they were supposed to have their personal belongings packed by Friday so they could move everything to their new house on Saturday. Gerard had been thinking about how things would be at his and Mikey's new school, and predicted that it wouldn't be much different there than the school they were about to leave. No friends, ignorant teachers, and of course the bullies. He could already imagine himself getting pushed into walls and being called "emo" and "faggot". It was then that he'd gone and locked himself in the bathroom. And now that he thought about it, he realized that he was probably tearing Mikey apart. He knew Mikey probably wouldn't tell their mother since she would make a huge deal out of it, but yet he knew he had to help somehow.

"Gerard, get your ass down here right now or we're going to be late!"

Gerard scrambled around to find his gloves and quickly threw on a Misfits hoodie.

"Hurry up Gee!"

"I'm coming, jeez! Calm down!" He snatched up his schoolbag and a pair of Converse and sprinted down the stairs. He nearly trampled Mikey, who was right at the foot of the stairs lacing up his Doc Martens.

"I honestly don't understand why you're worried about being late" Gerard grumbled as he and Mikey walked out the front door. "I mean, we only have two days of school left until-"

"One."

"What?"

"Today's our last day. Mom said we're not going to school tomorrow because we have to finish packing everything."

"Oh. Well that makes today a whole lot better for me!" But it's about to get worse, Gerard thought to himself as he and Mikey neared the school building.



A/N Hey guys I have a shitload of summer work for Honors English and AP World History for next year >:( so I'll try to update as much as I can but it might possibly be only like twice a week. R/R please! ;) it makes me happy and I want to know what you guys think.
Sign up to rate and review this story