Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Go Ahead and Burn it Down.

Be My Escape

by XxLiveyourlifExX 3 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-06-19 - Updated: 2011-06-19 - 2203 words - Complete

1Exciting
Be My Escape

The ripcord released and they started to plummet down they were all screaming. From below, the others cheered as Joe, Chris, and Pete swooped over them. On the second swing, the fright had worn of a bit, so Chris let go of Joe’s hand to wave at her friends below.

“This is awesome!” Chris yelled.

“I told you,” Joe shouted back.

“Holy shit,” Pete added, squeezing Chris’ hand.

The swing slowed until they stopped. The operator pulled them to the lift and unhooked them. Chris climbed out of her harness and bounced up and down, waving at the people on the ground. Once the lift was lowered and they were back on solid ground, Chris ran to Sara and Becca.

“How come we’ve never done that before?” She asked hugging them both.

They decided then to walk to the other park across the parking lot.

“So what are we gonna do here?” Andy asked.

“The Lazy River pretty bitchin’,” Sara said.

“Plus, Tina likes to tear it up on Boogie Bahn,” Becca added, nudging her.

“What’s Boogie Bahn?” Pete asked.

“It’s a surfing ride,” Sara explained. “Tina owns it.”

“I wanna do it, let’s go!” Joe exclaimed.

“Alright, this way.” Chris led them to the line to pick up boogie boards, which was relatively
short, and then they went to get in the line at the actual ride. They watched and cheered as kids went down and did spins, some who made it up onto their knees, others who wiped out spectacularly. A few tried to get up on their feet, but none succeeded. When they came closer the front of the line, Chris asked, “Who wants to go first?”

“You should,” Becca said. “So they can watch you be awesome.”

“Ya,” Sara interjected, “Show ‘em how it’s done!”

“Ya, I want to see you ‘tear it up,’” Pete said, a touch of mocking in his voice.

“What? Don’t think I’m as awesome as they claim?” Chris asked with a smile.

“They’re probably lying.”

She stuck her tongue out at him and then walked up to the lifeguard who was manning the ride. Before she got on she asked him, “Can we wait at the bottom so we can watch each other?”

“Sure, just be careful,” he replied. She nodded and got ready to go. “All clear.”

Chris slid down the chute and onto the simulated wave. She took a few moments to get her bearings and then she popped up on her knees. After a few spins and cheers from the crowd, Chris put her hands on the board and put her feet flat. Slowly she stood up amid cheers from the crowds. Unlike the kids who had tried before her, Chris was steady on the board, weaving back and forth on the water. Her friends were yelling her name and teasing her. She did a couple more tricks then she waved to the audience and gave a sarcastic sweeping bow to her friends. She had saved her best trick for last. She put her hand onto the foam and kicked up her feet holding onto her board with her other hand. She held herself there for a few seconds while the people around her cheered. She let herself fall back down, making sure the board was beneath her. She was then sitting on the board and she waved as she let the water push her up and over the wave. She jumped off the board before she went in to the Lazy River and sat there on the edge to watch her friends go.

Becca was never great at this particular ride, but she managed to hang on for thirty seconds
until she got knocked off her board. She came to sit next to Chris. Then Joe went. You could tell he thought he was going to be hot shit. He immediately tried to stand up. The jets of water instantaneously pushed the board out from under him and he fell outstandingly. He also looked ridiculous as he tried to sit next to Chris and Becca, but not get pushed into the river by the water. The girls had to grab him to get him to stay in one spot.

“That was a lot harder than I thought,” Joe yelled over the roar of the water.

Chris just nodded as she watched Andy and then Stacy eat it fairly quickly. Then Sara went. She made it to her knees and busted a few tricks. The group of kids waiting at the bottom clapped and cheered. She came to join them a few moments later. Patrick went next. He was actually decent, lasting longer than all but Sara and Chris. Then Pete went, he also did pretty well. When they all finished, they allowed the water to sweep them into the Lazy River.

“I want to try again,” Joe said as the girls all found tubes.

“Go for it,” Chris said. “I’m gonna stay here and lay.”

“Me too,” Becca agreed hopping into her tube and gabbing onto the handle of Chris’ tube while Chris did the same.

“I’ll go with you,” Sara said.

“I want to try again too.”

In the end, Becca, Chris, Andy and Stacy ended up staying in the river as the rest went to go get boards again.

They all held onto each other’s tubes so they wouldn’t get separated. They chatted and baked in the sun, the girls flipping over every once in a while to get an even tan. The rest of them showed up about an hour later, grabbing tubes.

“I got up on my knees,” Joe said excitedly.

“I heard that about you,” Chris responded lazily. Everyone laughed. They told the others about
their awesome exploits on the wave and then they all settled back in their tubes to just chill. Another hour later, Chris and Stacy left to go to the bathroom promising to be back soon.

“So, Patrick?” Chris asked her as they got out of the water.

“Are you mad or happy?” She asked back skeptically.

“Happy.”

Stacy broke out into a grin. “Yes, Patrick.”

“Since when?”

“We’re not really together, but it’s been developing for a while now…”

“How long is a while?” Chris asked her.

“A year or so…”

“Stacy, what has taken so long?!”

“Honestly?” Stacy asked. Chris nodded and Stacy continued, “You. And Matt.”

Chris nodded sympathetically.

“I didn’t want you to be upset. You weren’t around, but I was always hoping you’d just show back up. And there were sometimes I felt like, I don’t know, like I was cheating on Matt or something.”

“That’s ridiculous,” Chris told her, squeezing her hand. “But I understand. But Matt would want you to move on. He was a great guy, he would understand.”

“I realized that about a month ago,” Stacy agreed. “Which is why things are happening now.”

“It’s so cute,” Chris gushed. They giggled as they walked into the bathroom. Afterwards they were walking back and they passed an airbrush tattoo stand. “Let’s get matching ones!” Chris suggested.

They started looking through the designs. “Wanna get one for Matt?” Stacy asked.

“Absolutely,” Chris said smiling looking through the album. She stopped and laughed. “Can it be ironic?”

“Ummm. Yes.”

“Butterflies it is then.” Chris announced, pointing out the chosen design to the artist.

They sat there as the artist painted on their upper arms. Stacy said, “What did you mean by ‘I understand’ earlier?”

“What?”

“When I said one of the things that kept me from going for Patrick was Matt. You said ‘I understand.’ Why?”

Chris looked down. She didn’t really want to tell, but she needed advice. She looked up and said, “You can’t tell anyone, ok?”

“Obviously.”

“So there might be something going on with me and…”

When Chris didn’t continue, Stacy asked, “With who???”

Chris looked down again, and said in a voice barely above a whisper, “Pete.”

“I knew it!”

“What? How did you know?!”

“Well I didn’t know…but I hoped.” Stacy was grinning. “You guys would be great together. I’ve always thought so. But that still doesn’t answer my question.”

Chris told her about the kiss the night before. “And I was crying. I didn’t know why. But the only thing that makes me cry is Matt. I don’t know why though.”

“You feel guilty.”

“Why, though?”

“Because Pete is Matt’s best friend. And you feel guilty about leaving. I don’t know if you
know, but Pete was a mess when you were gone. For a while. I think somewhere deep down you could sense that, so when he came back without being mad or holding a grudge, you felt guilty. I think you might be a little unsettled because you guys pushed passed all of the hurt when he showed up here, which I think is great, but you might not be comfortable yet.”

“Ya,” Chris said, “It feels like since we never had an out and out fight about me leaving, like it’s just going to explode one day. And it’s gonna be a big blow out like me leaving again. And
I don’t want to do that again.”

“I don’t think that’s going to happen,” Stacy said. They paid the artist as their tattoos were now complete. They began walking back to the Lazy River. “You should go for it.”

“You think?”

“Yes, absolutely. I mean, wait until you’re ready for sure, but don’t shy away just because
you’re afraid of a fight, or that Matt would be mad.”

Chris smiled and nodded. “You’re right.” A few moments later she said, “Would you look at that.”

“What?”

“I got through a whole conversation about Matt without a single tear.”

“Good for you,” Stacy said smiling and throwing her arm around Chris’ shoulder.

They almost got back to the ride when they met the others.

“Pete and Joe want a rematch on the Soda Straws,” Becca explained. “We were just coming to find you. Where’d you go?”

“We got matching tattoos!” Chris shouted and she and Stacy turned to show the others their pink and purple butterflies with Matt’s name written under them.

“Nice,” Pete said approvingly. Chris smiled up at him.

“Why a butterfly?” Becca asked.

The Chicago kids started to laugh. Then Patrick explained. “Matt was crazy afraid of
butterflies. I don’t exactly remember why though.”

“When he was seven, he got caught up in a swarm of butterflies when we were at a park in the spring. It freaked him out forever,” Chris said.

After the group recovered they started to walk to the tram that they took back to the old park. They did the Soda Straws again as well as Hillside and Cliffhanger. By that point it was six o’clock and everyone was exhausted. They called the car and got their stuff out of the lockers. Chris was the first of the girls to finish changing, she went into the gift shop to wait for the others like they had all agreed. She was looking through the tee shirts when she felt hands on her waist. She gave a little shriek, jumped and turned around, hand to her chest.

It was Pete.

“God, you scared me.”

“Sorry,” he said, but he was still smiling. “How was your d-“

As he was talking, she stood on her toes and planted her lips on his, wrapping her arms around his neck. He kissed her back enthusiastically, tightening his hold on her waist, pulling her towards him. After a few moments she pulled away. “My day was awesome,” she said. “I figured it out. How was your day?”

He kissed her again. “It was spectacular.”

Chris smiled up at him and then turned around and walked around the store, Pete following her.
“So I figured it out mostly,” she said.

“Mostly?”

She turned to face him again and smiled. “Yes, mostly. I’ll explain later, but I’m not sure I
want to tell everyone yet. Deal?”

“Deal.” He kissed her lightly on the lips. “And you’ll tell me later?”

“Yup.” While they waited for the others, Chris picked out a shirt to get and Pete insisted on buying her a cheesy puka shell anklet. He also insisted that she put it on. Once everyone was back, they went out front and the car was there momentarily. They climbed in.

“What do we want to do for food?” Sara asked.

“We could do fast food,” someone suggested.

“We had pizza last night, though,” someone else pointed out.

“Mexican?” Becca suggested, “It’s fast andddddd delicious.”

They all agreed and had the driver stop at some restaurant. Some chips and salsa, a couple of margaritas, and some delicious enchiladas later, they got back into the car and went home. On the ride, Chris, who was sitting between Andy and Pete, fell asleep, her head on Pete’s shoulder.

A/N:I'm on a rolllllllll! haha enjoy
Sign up to rate and review this story