Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Go Ahead and Burn it Down.

Explanations and Daisy Dukes

by XxLiveyourlifExX 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-06-20 - Updated: 2011-06-20 - 1577 words - Complete

0Unrated
Explanations and Daisy Dukes

When they got home Pete woke her up. It was only nine so they decided to all watch a movie in the great room. After fighting over what movie to watch, they settled on Anchorman. After the movie everyone kind of wandered to their respective rooms. Well almost everyone. Joe went with Sara and Patrick went with Stacy. Pete, Andy, and Chris were still in the great room. Andy was asleep and Pete was staring off. Chris got up to get a glass of water and stretched.

“Ouch,” she said as she brought her hands above her head.

“What’s wrong?” Pete asked looking up at her.

“I think I got sunburned,” she replied.

“That sucks.”

“Yup.” Chris filled a glass with water and walked back to the couch. “I think I’m gonna go
upstairs and go to bed.”

“Can you tell me what you’ve figured out?”

“If you come with me.” She turned and walked away. He followed. In her room, Chris collapsed on her bed. “Ow.”

“Sunburn?”

“Yup.”

“Poor girl,” he said laughing at her.

“Don’t be mean,” she said. She wiggled under her covers. Pete joined her.

“So you were gonna tell me something?”

Chris sat up and faced him. “I figured it out.”

“What did you figure out?” Pete asked, rolling over on his side to look at her.

“Why I cried last night.”

“Oh, ya? Why?”

“Matt,” she said simply.

“Matt?”

“I feel guilty.”

“Because of Matt?” Pete was obviously confused.

“Because you came back and weren’t mad at me for leaving when Matt died. It’s like these past
couple of days I’ve been waiting for the other shoe to drop. And I’m afraid of how terrible that could be. But, I’m done worrying about it. The night before graduation, after you and Stacy gave me Matt’s present, I decided that I couldn’t keep living the lie I had created for myself in Austin, but I couldn’t go back to being the angry and bitter person I was in Chicago after Matt died. I need to be me. I lost her for a long time, but when you guys showed up, when you showed up, I found her. That’s it. It’s what I needed to figure out. And you make me happy. So that’s it…”

Pete was staring at her. “The other shoe won’t drop.”

“But what if it does?” Chris asked, a little skeptical.

“It dropped a long time ago,” Pete said. “I was angry. For a long time. But I worked through it.
I understand to the best of my ability why it happened, and I don’t blame you. I’m not mad.”

“Promise?”

“Promise,” he said grinning. She smiled back at him and he reached up and pulled her down to him. They kissed. There wasn’t any crying this time.

***

The next day, everyone woke up late. Chris woke up again in Pete’s arms. She shifted a bit to
look up at him. He was already awake, watching the television with the volume low. He noticed her moving and looked down at her. He laughed a little when he said, “Good morning.”

“What’s so funny?” She asked sleepily.

“You’re as red as a lobster.”

She groaned and sat up. “Ouch. I think I got sunburned.”

Pete laughed and she smacked him lightly on the arm. She got up and showered, which hurt, brushed her teeth, then changed into a bikini and shorts. Back in her room she said, “This is
ridiculous. I put on sunscreen!”

“You only put it on once,” Pete pointed out.

“You didn’t put it on at all, how come you aren’t burnt?”

“Because I’m magic.” She stuck her tongue out at him. He asked, “Does it hurt?”

“Yes,” she said, pouting. She then turned on her heel and went back into the bathroom. “That feels better,” her voice said moments later from the other room.

Pete curious followed her. She was standing in front of the mirror with an open bottle of blue gel slathering it on the front of her body. “What’s that?”

“Aloe gel,” she responded rubbing it into her skin.

“Here,” he said taking the bottle, “Hold up your hair.”

She wiped off her hands and pulled her hair up off her neck. He squeezed the gel onto her back. She squeaked from the cold. He apologized and laughed a little then started to rub the gel into her red back. After a few minutes he was done. “There is that better?”

“Yes, thank you,” she replied then kissed him. Pete put his arms around her and they spent a few minutes making out in bathroom. Then Chris went downstairs and Pete went to shower. Stacy and Becca were out on the porch tanning. Joe and Sara had gone for a walk. Andy was watching tv in the great room with Patrick.

“Anyone hungry?” Chris shouted through the house. The general consensus was a yes. Chris started cooking. She grilled the steak they had bought and made a giant salad. Andy came and cooked tofu for himself. When Chris was setting the food out table when Sara and Joe came back from their walk. Chris called everyone for lunch.

“We should go out tonight,” Sara said, taking a steak off the platter.

“Where were you thinking?” Becca asked.

“Gruene?”

“Line dancing!” Becca exclaimed.

“Line dancing?” Pete asked.

“There’s regular dancing, too,” Chris assured him. “And enough booze to make line dancing seem
cool.”

“Booze?” Joe asked hopefully. “I’m there.”

“We could do dinner too?” Chris asked.

“Ya let’s do it,” Becca said.

They finished eating. Joe, Sara, Andy and Stacy decided to go out on the boat. Becca had also gotten pretty burned, so she and Chris decided to stay in along with Pete and Patrick. After she had washed the dishes, Chris was feeling a little faint.

“I don’t feel so good,” Chris said. “I think I’m gonna go back to bed.”

“What’s wrong?” Pete asked, concerned.

“I don’t know I’m a little dizzy, I think I might have gotten sun poisoning…”

“That doesn’t sound good,” Patrick said.

“She’ll be fine,” Becca said. “It happens more often than you think.” To Chris she said, “Go
back to bed, I’ll bring up some water in a few minutes.”

“Thanks babe.” Chris walked upstairs. Dressed only in shorts and her bikini, she fell back into
bed. She fell asleep pretty quickly. She woke up a while later when the bed shifted. She opened her eyes slowly and looked up. It was Pete.

“Hey,” she mumbled.

“Hey, kid,” he said with a smile and running his hand through her hair. “How ya feeling?”

“Better.” Her throat was dry, “Do you have any water?”

“Brought you some,” he said, handing her a bottle of water.

She drank most of it in one go, “Thanks. That’s a lot better.”

“You’re welcome.” He kissed her forehead.

“What time is it?” She asked.

“About two.”

“Mmk.” She finished the bottle of water.

“Want some more?”

“If you wouldn’t mind.”

“No problem,” Pete said and he left the room. While he was gone, Chris flipped through the channels. He returned quickly and bounded onto the bed beside her. “I brought you two.”

She smiled and took them from him. “Aren’t you just thoughtful.”

“I try.” He settled back onto the bed, propped up on the headboard. “What are we watching?”

“I don’t know yet,” she said sitting up to drink. “You choose.” She handed him the remote and leaned into him.

He put his arm around her and changed the channel. He settled on reruns of The Dukes of Hazard. “How’s your burn? Do you need more aloe?”

“Yes, please.”

The bottle was now on the bedside table. Pete uncapped it and squirted some on his hands. He nudged Chris so she would sit up. When she complied he began to rub the gel into her skin. Chris
sighed in relief.

“I don’t understand the shorts,” Chris said.

“What?” Pete asked confused.

“The Daisy Duke shorts. I’ve worn them before. They aren’t very comfortable.”

“They sure do look good.”

“Shut up,” she said.

“Just stating facts.”

“Har har.”

“Lean forward,” he said, gently pushing on her shoulder. She leaned forward so Pete could get her lower back. “Done. Careful, it’s still sticky.”

Chris shifted so she was lying on her stomach. “Oh, Chris,” Pete gasped.

“Ya?”

“The backs of your legs are ridiculous. Do they hurt?”

“Now that you mention it, ya, they do.”

Pete took the aloe again and started to rub it into her legs.

“I want a car like that,” Pete said.

“Like the General Lee?”

“Yup. Confederate Flag and all.”

“The South will rise again,” Chris said looking back up at him.

They laughed and continued to watch the show while Chris let the aloe dry on her skin. They made fun of Uncle Jesse’s beard and Boss Hog’s hat. Then Chris was dry so she curled up with her head on Pete’s chest, his fingers in her hair. They watched television for an hour or so.

A/N: Thanks to Jess and patdfan for the reviews! Hope you like this one too!
Sign up to rate and review this story