Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Hunted

Chapter 23

by xblckhrtxx 2 reviews

Thank God for aquafina water bottles!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-06-19 - Updated: 2011-06-20 - 1488 words - Complete

0Unrated
Lily's POV

We stayed like that for just a moment. Gerard's lips resting on mine. For just a second I wondered if my mind was viciously playing games with me again, or if he really was here. Gerard suddenly pulled back and looked down at me.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He whispered in the darkness and recaptured my eyes with his own hazels. My breath caught in my throat at the sight of him. Definitely not dreaming here.
"Y-you came.” I mumbled out despite an extremely dry throat. I hadn't had water for three days and I'm sure I sounded terrible. Gerard ignored my odd sounding voice and kissed me again.

"Of course I came! I told you this already, I love you. I would have figured that, that whole most lovestruck pile of dust, line would have gotten you to understand that." He laughed as he pulled back again. He waited for me to say something, and I would have if it weren't that my mouth was too dry to get anything out anymore. I think he finally caught on to the whole ordeal because he pulled something out of a black hoodie he was wearing. In all of my days on this planet, never, ever, have I seen something more brilliant and holy than what he pulled out. You could have the Holy Grail and I'd still tell you what he took out of that hoodie was twice as amazing. Thank God for aquafina water bottles!

"Wow, somebody seems thirsty." He commented with a silly smile as I chugged the water bottle.
"You're one to talk. Your hazels are getting darker by the second." I remarked and threw the water bottle across the room. Gerard climbed off of me and laid down beside me.

"I haven't had anything since the night before we had our almost compromise in the mansion." He said with another grin. My eyes nearly popped out of my head. The look on my face must've been quite the laugh because I could see the corners of Gerard's mouth twitching, even in the darkness.

"What?! That's impossible! Vampires can't go more than three days without blood, at most! If it's been that long, then you haven't had anything for four days!" I shouted but in a hushed town. Gerard propped his head up with one of his hands and shrugged.

"I know, it's strange. My eyes were pure black on my way here, but I haven't felt like having blood. I think its cause I've been just so wrapped up in finding this girl who honestly thought she could lie to me and make me think she wants to go off with a creeper by the name of Beckett. It's amazing how silly people are these days!" He said with faux astonishment. I reached out and clonked him in the forehead. He just laughed and ignored my head clonking.

"Gerard." I suddenly murmured.

"Lily." He murmured back in the same tone.

I looked at his beautiful eyes and sighed.
"You have to go back. You can't rescue me from here." I said, feeling tears tug at my eyes. Gerard suddenly got an enraged look but then just as quickly as it came, it wiped itself off of his lovely features. He reached out and pulled my body to his in one swift motion. Then, he wrapped an arm around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder. His breath mixed with the air and I inhaled a sweetened oxygen.

"Lily, love, I'm not going to let him take you from me. What did he do to you? Did he threaten to hurt or kill you?" Gerard asked and placed a little kiss on my cheek. I shook my head no.

"Gerard, it's not me I'm worried about. He told me, he told me he'd kill you. Only, he'd make me be the one to do it." I choked out. Gerard shifted his grip on me a little but still held onto me confidently.

"Lily, I know he's strong but I do honestly believe this when I say it, you're stronger. He thinks that just because he can make some college girls waltz with him before they die, then he can get people to do anything. I'm afraid he's a little delusional if he thinks that he can hurt us that easily. Besides, I love you dearly Lily, but I think we both know I could take you." He teased lightly and I felt a grin wipe away the sadness that was etching my features.

"Excuse me? I think it's time you laid off the crack Way. It's making you funnier in the head than you already were." I joked and felt myself relax.

"Hmm, I think it's the sun. Traveling by day is not quite as enjoyable as I remember it. Probably because that giant ball of fire in the sky hates my guts now." Gerard said, continuing with the joking. I blinked.

"How on earth did you get here?" I wondered aloud.

"I ran here. On my feet. Oh, and Beckett's guards aren't very strong." He remarked and then climbed up out of the bed and got to his feet.

"You ran here? First, you go days without blood, then you come here on foot?!" I almost shouted. Gerard came over to my side of the bed and placed his hand lightly over my mouth.
"Shh. You don't want to alert them to my existence in the mansion. I staked plenty a vampire to get up here but as soon as those guards are all noticed as missing, we'll have trouble. Currently, I'm the only one of the gang here, the last thing we need is trouble." He said and then walked over to the bedroom door. Then why are you rescuing me of all people? I thought sarcastically.



We scoured the halls, deep into our rescue mission. Technically it was daylight so everyone was asleep, the only reason it was so dark was because all the rooms had been boarded shut to keep the light out. Now in the hall light, I could see burn marks on Gerard's skin. He really did travel in the daylight.

"Okay, where's Bob? I busted into like 16 rooms before I found yours, and none of them were Bob's." Gerard explained as we searched. I made a 'hmm' noise and stroked a nonexistent beard. I hadn't actually seen where Bob was staying.

"Honestly, I didn't get to see where Bob is staying. My room came first when we were brought to them. The only thing I can guess is that we're close, Beckett didn't want us together but seperating us could make it hard to keep track of us." I thought aloud. Gerard nodded and we continued peeking into the rooms. Many were filled sleeping Dandies, eating Dandies, card playing Dandies, and even one Dandy poetry contest. I had never seen so many activities going on at once since I went to summer camp when I was five.

"These guys sure keep themselves active." I commented as we quietly closed the door on some Dandies playing poker. Gerard held back a laugh and nodded beside me.
"I'm so glad I'm not one of those awful things."

"I know! The outfits are simply terrible!" I blurted out and then realized what a silly comment that was. Gerard laughed.

"I was thinking 'glad I'm not ruled by some vicious and conceited idiot', but yeah, I suppose there's the issue of the general outerwear too." He chuckled. I punched him in the arm but he just grabbed my punch, slid his fingers into my own, and continued to lead me down the hall.

We searched for about another 15 minutes before we pulled open a mahogany door. We struck gold. There, laying on the wooden floor, was none other than Bob Bryar. However, there laying on the floor was also, a girl.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked and took in the site of Bob, he was a bloody mess. Bruises littered him from head to toe and blood streamed down his face in a healthy river.
"I'm Cassadee. I'm here to take care of my Bob, I'm the vampire who marked him." She answered and gave me a strange look.

"Oh," was all my brilliant wit could come up with. Gerard shifted uncomfortably next to me.
"Now if you could be so kind and explain to me who exactly the hell you two are?" She questioned and showed one of her fangs in a subtle threat.


******************************


In a good mood tonight but, tired as well. Just found out we might go to Disneyland for Christmas :) I’ll stop talking about my life now. You guys know the drill, 3 reviews by tomorrow evening!!!

Oh and for any of you guys wondering who Cassadee is, she’s the lead singer of Hey Monday.

Please rate and review!!
xoxoa
Sign up to rate and review this story