Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Brought You My Love

Every Day I'm Shufflin'

by annabel-lee 7 reviews

Thank you XxxFallenAngelXxx!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-06-21 - Updated: 2011-06-21 - 2689 words

0Unrated
It has been a week since Alex stayed over, a week since her night terror. I never told her about it, I couldn't bring myself to. Whatever frightened her and upset her so badly is probably over, otherwise she would have remembered right? I nervously sipped my coffee. What could have happened? What would have made her think she saw her son die? She doesn't have a son and she's never been in a fire before. Was it something I did or said? Should I have told her? I decided I was over thinking it. I was going to hang out with Alex later, so then I'll see that she's fine. It was Saturday, so I didn't have much to do. I went and re-read some of my favorite comic books, but I had some trouble focusing. My thoughts kept slipping off to Alex. I just want her to be okay. Frank was gonna be coming over and Gerard has been working on a painting the last two days and has pretty much never left his room other than to go to the bathroom. Hayden was working on a school project. He has to build a scale model castle. I felt bad for him. It has to be painted the same as the one it's modeled after. It even must include the surrounding gardens, so Hayden is busy making miniature shrubberies. Bob had to go to work during the same time as we're supposed to hang out, so he can't come either, so it will be me, Alex, Frank, and (maybe) Gerard.
After about three hours of awkwardly pacing the door bell rang. I raced down the steps and tore open the door. A slightly startled Frank stood there wondering why the hell I practically attacked the door.
"Hi Mikey, what's up?" he asked awkwardly as I let him in.
"Nothing. You?"
"Same. So, uh, is Gerard around?" he asked smiling.
"Yeah, but-wait! Frank!"
"What?" he asked with his hand hovering over the door knob.
"He's still painting." Franks face fell.
"Dammit." Everyone knows you don't interrupt Gerard while he's painting, that is, unless you have a death wish. Even Frank doesn't take the risk of bothering Gerard while he's painting. "Let's go get Alex." Frank said, heading towards the door.
We drove to Alex's mom's house. We both knew Alex hates her mom. She really truly wanted nothing to do with the woman and I couldn't blame her. Her mom was a horrible, rotten person and didn't deserve a daughter as great as Alex. Alex's mom is constantly cutting her down, insulting her, and screaming. Anyway, we walked up to the door and rang the bell. Alex's mom opened the door and smiled before slamming the door in our faces.
"ALEX! GET YOUR LAZY ASS OVER HERE! THOSE F@GS YOU WHORE YOURSELF OUT TO ARE AT THE GODD@MN DOOR! GET THEM THEM THE F*CK AWAY FROM MY HOUSE!" Alex's mom bellowed from inside. I felt anger boiling inside me. I wanted to make her sorry for talking to Alex like that. Alex is not a whore. No one calls her that. No one. Frank put a hand on my shoulder and gave me the 'it's okay, but you should calm down' look. Alex flung the door open and practically tackled Frank with a hug.
"Hey Gorgeous." Frank said smiling. They kissed a bit and Frank picked her up and carried her bridal style to the car and set her down in the front passenger seat and he hopped into the driver's seat leaving the back to me. I sat down, feeling slightly awkward and Alex actually crawled over the armrest and sat on my lap and cuddled up to me. Frank smirked at me via mirror and the sped off towards the house.
We all remained silent during the drive but it wasn't uncomfortable. When we got back to the house I carried Alex in. She was really light, and was easy to carry. We all watched Scream (the first one) as we devoured Skittles and drank cup after cup of coffee. About half way through Frank and Alex were kissing and soon they were making out. As they kept kissing, I felt a twinge of envy. I tried not to watch as they continued to make out as if I wasn't even there. He was on top of Alex and everything. I knew it was ridiculous to be jealous, Frank was dating my brother and I knew they had strong feelings for each other but still... The kissing started to slow and dissolve into small, sweet kisses and pecks on the lips and eventually they were kind of spooning, facing the screen as they watched the movie. After the movie ended, they stayed all close and continued to lay together as the credits rolled. I saw Alex close her eyes as she let out a contented sigh. Frank's arms were wrapped around her waist and he looked calm and content as well. after what seemed like ages of credits rolled by, Alex got up and did this cute excited jump.
"Why don't we go out?" she asked with joy in her eyes.
"Out were?" I asked curiously.
"Dancing! At a club!" she said cheerfully and enthusiastically.
"How are we gonna get in?" Frank asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Don't worry, I'll handle it." she said smiling.
"What are we gonna wear?" Frank asked.
"We have clothes here. It'll be fun." she said. I nodded.
"Cool, let's get ready." I said. After we were all dressed and ready we agreed that it was time to go. Alex looked sexy in her purple and darker purple stripped fitted sweater. It was ripped around the shoulders and didn't cover her stomach. She had a red plaid mini-skirt with chains hanging from it and torn fish net tights underneath. Her tall combat boots came all the way to her knees (which they covered). Her perfume was intoxicating and I really wanted to just run my hands down that body. Frank had told some joke I hadn't heard and Alex's threw her head back in laughter. When her hair swished out of the way, it revealed the bruise on the side of her forehead. It looked fresh.
"Alex, what happened?" I asked.
"What?" she asked in surprise.
"The bruise, on your head?" her smile faltered.
"Oh, that...Yeah, I got it the other day. It's nothing." she said reassuringly.
"You sure? It looks pretty bad." I asked. What happened? It didn't look like nothing.
"Yeah, it's fine. Come on let's go!" and with that she hopped in the front seat. Frank shrugged and hopped in the drivers seat. I, once again, sat in the back. Alex and Frank talked amongst themselves about music. Frank said he learned some new songs on his guitar and that he can play the entire Misfits album. Alex said that she had a song stuck in her head and she doesn't know the name of it, which is incredibly rare. Most of the time Alex can name the title and artist for any song and the cd it's from. She normally knows every word of the song too.
"Where'd you hear it?" Frank asked.
"Honestly, I have no idea. It went something like:
Some say, now suffer all the children
And walk away a savior,
Or a madman and polluted
From gutter institutions.
Don't you breathe for me,
Undeserving of your sympathy,
Cause there ain't no way that I'm sorry for what I did.

And through it all
How could you cry for me?
Cause I don't feel bad about it.
So shut your eyes,
Kiss me goodbye,
And sleep.
Just sleep.

The hardest part is letting go of
Your dreams.

A drink for the horror that I'm in,
For the good guys, and the bad guys,
For the monsters that I've been.
Three cheers for tyranny,
Unapologetic apathy,
Cause there ain't no way that I'm coming back again.

And through it all
How could you cry for me?
Cause I don't feel bad about it.
So shut your eyes,
Kiss me goodbye,
And sleep.
Just sleep.

The hardest parts
The awful things that I've seen.

Just sleep. "
"Never heard it, you sing beautifully though." Frank said.
"Thanks!" Alex said smiling. "But I still wish I knew it's name though."
"I'll keep an ear out for it." Frank promised. He'll never find out the name though, it doesn't have one. "So, which way do I turn?" he asked Alex.
"Left." when we got there, it was like a run-down house.
"Are you sure this is the place?"
"Definitely." she said. I got out and opened the door for her. I could here the music coming from the house. "Awww, thank you Mikes!" she gave me a big hug as she stepped out of the car. She started walking towards the door and Frank stepped out of he car. "Frank, I have a feeling you'll love it here." Frank grinned and walked towards the house. It was just after 10:00 and there was a soft glow from behind the house. I followed Alex and Frank up the driveway to the door. Alex knocked three times and a dude with a Mohawk opened it. He smiled at Alex and she gave him a quick hug.
"Who are your friends?" he asked gesturing towards us.
"Well this is Frank, and this is Mikey, Gerard's brother." a look of recognition flashed across his face.
"Are you Gerard's boyfriend?" he asked Frank.
"Yeah."
"He wasn't exaggerating, you are hot." Frank blushed and thanked him for the compliment and then the dude turned to me. "And you're an Anthrax fan, right?" he asked.
"Yeah, you?"
"Yeah, they're great. How come you guys are still standing around out here? Come on in!" we walked in and Underclass Hero by Sum 41 was blasting. The walls had been graffitied and the everything had been painted with florescent paint. The lights had all been replaced by black lights and strobe lights. The place was packed with people. Lots of them were drinking or making out with some one. We made our way through the sea of people and saw people playing spin the bottle and beer pong. There were some drinking games going on at the bar and a person called out 'We're gonna start burning the weed upstairs in ten!' A couple of people headed upstairs and Frank asked if I wanted a beer.
"No, I'm fine."
"Suit yourself." he said as he took a sip from his bottle. "Alex you want a sip? I know you don't drink, but it's a special occasion!" Alex laughed.
"And what might that be?"
"You're not at you're mom's!"
"I could drink to that." she said.
"A toast! To not being at home!" Frank exclaimed. Alex took a swig of a Mike's Hard Lemonade.
As the night went on the party got louder and crazier. Eventually we went outside. There was a roaring bonfire. Alex and Frank toasted marshmallows and made some s'mores. Alex rested her head on Frank's shoulder. A person handed Alex some paper and she burned it. When she came back she wanted to go dance some more so she went and danced with both Frank and me. The night went well, I drove us all back to my house (even though Alex only had half a bottle of Mikes Hard Lemonade, she didn't feel comfortable driving, even though she obviously wasn't even buzzed).
This time Alex sat next to me in the front. I have to say, it didn't help my focus that Alex kept nibbling my ear and kissing my neck. When we got to the house, Gerard was in the kitchen drinking coffee.
"You finished?!" Alex asked. He grinned and nodded. "Can I see it? Please?" Alex asked wide eyed. Gerard's smile grew even bigger as he nodded. He took Alex down stairs and I got the vibe that it was secret, so Frank and I stayed put. I poured coffee for the two of us and for Alex. We sat quietly and could hear excited chatter but couldn't make out what they were saying. A couple minutes later they came back up and Alex skipped to the refrigerator.
"Who wants ice cream?" she called out cheerfully.
"I do!" Frank said right away.
"I'll take some." I said hesitantly, wondering what brought on the sudden need for ice cream.
"Ice cream sounds good." said a grinning Gerard.
"Is there something I'm missing?" I asked.
"Yep!" Gerard and Alex said in unison. Frank and I looked at each other and he just shrugged and started eating his ice cream. Alex put a bowl of ice cream in front of me and I watched Alex dance back to the ice cream then scoop some for Gerard and dance over to him and he dug into his ice cream and went to the computer and turned on some music (it sounded a bit like techno/rap) and Alex's just kept dancing as she got herself ice cream then when she started eating ice cream that didn't stop the dancing either Gerard started dancing too and Frank was nodding his head to the beat. I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on. Frank didn't seem to know either, but he didn't seem to mind and just kinda went with it. I fell asleep on the couch sometime after Frank had a sugar crash and Gerard did the worm.

Hey guys! I decided it's time for one of my infamous inquiries (I'm not 100% sure I spelled that right). 'Kay, so I've been working on a project to baisically re-humanize the internet and technology in general. So I wanted to remind everyone that everyone (you, me, other authors, ect.) here, is in fact a real person. Okay and now in honor of that and to show that, I would like everyone to share something personal. I don't mean random generic stuff or info about where you live or your age or name or something. I mean something that is important about you that is something more secret, something you wouldn't want everyone to know. Just leave it as a review and of course I'd be a hypocrate (once again I think I messed up on spelling) if I didn't share something personal and important about myself, so here it goes. I think one of the reasons I have such a hard time sleeping, is because I'm afraid that my life will slip away from me before I do something meaningful, something worth remembering. I'm a hard core insomniac and for me right now it's 5 o'clock in the morning and I honestly didn't sleep a wink last night, I'm almost at the 24 hours straight mark. I've been up all night.
So, what personal thing really defines you? A fear because of a horrific experience? A unique way of thinking? An unseen level of depth? What is at the escence of being for you? What really matters enough, that it defines you in a group of 6.2 billion people on the planet?
And I also want to know, what do you think a person is? What is a person? And I mind as well ask as well, what are your thoughts on the meaning of life? Now you guys know me well enough to know that I really do want an answer from everyone, or I guess in this case I want answers.

Okay and I know this is completely unrelated and totally ruins the deep vibe, but I have to say, this is the sh*tty-est coffee I even tasted! I mean, it seriously tastes like plain old warm water. I like my coffee black. I like it strong. I also love Kona coffee (it comes from Hawaii, my grandma got me hooked on it).

Anyway, I'd like to say I love you guys and would like to thank all of you for reading and would also like to thank everyone who reviews and rates. :) It puts a smile on my face.

Love you guys!
Annabel Lee
Sign up to rate and review this story