Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Not Afriad To Walk This World Alone

A Place For The Dead

by vampyGee 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2011-06-22 - Updated: 2011-06-22 - 1484 words

2Original



~Lyn~



“GOOOOOOOD MORNING!”


“Frank!” I growled as his voice rang through my room and I heard the door bang against the wall, did he really need to do this?

“Wake up sleepy head.” I felt his body jump onto my bed.

“Go away!” I pulled the pillow over my head, there was barely any light shining through the window, so I knew it had to be early.

“No can do.” Frank chirped. “Come on! It’s 6 o’clock! I already started the coffee!” Frank got up from my bed and opened my closet doors. “Go get a shower, I’ll get your clothes and-”

“Frank!” I said loudly, stopping him mid sentence. “How much coffee did you have this morning?”

His eyes looked up to the ceiling in thought. “Four cups.” he said and turned back to my closet, I sighed and got out of bed, grateful my room had it’s own little bathroom.




After showering and dressing, I found myself in the kitchen with Frank, watching him make another pot of coffee, since he devoured the first. It was only 6:30 and way to early to be awake. Laying on the table was the list Ray had written of all the things we still needed to get and pack for our trip, We would probably be stocking up on all of it today, seeing that we had more help. The minutes on the clock slowly ticked by and Frank sat down next to her at the table, with a bow of cereal that he quickly devoured. Soon, Ray had come downstairs, his auburn fro damp and limp from the shower.


“Someone’s up early.” he said in my direction, walking over to the coffee maker.

“Yeah….because someone named Frank had to wake me up at the crack of dawn.” I said, yawning.

Ray filled up his mug. “Good, you will be fully awake when I send you out to get everything on that list.” his eyes shifted to the list next to me.

“What?” I demanded. “Your making me get all of that?”

He shook his head, his now dried fro bounced as his head moved. “No, I’m sending one of the guys with you.”

I sighed in relief, knowing he would send Frank. “Okay, cool, can I take Lola?” I asked, Lola was his baby- his 1979 black corvette, and I loved the thing.

Ray raised his eyebrow. “You must have fallen and hit your head little sister, I don’t think so.”

“Why not?” I fake pouted.

“Because she is a flawless, untouched, un scratched beauty, I don’t want anything to happen to her.”


Frank said down at the table. “So your car is a virgin, fro man?”


I laughed and Ray sighed. “No one is taking Lola besides me and Mikey, while You, Frank and Gerard go get our supplies.”

“I call shot gun!” Frank shouted.


I looked around and bit my lip. “Gerard is coming, why don’t you take him with you?” I said, only half meaning it.

“My car only seats two, the van seats…..well, how many you can pack in there.” he said. The van was what you would call a hippie van, it was once our fathers when he was our age, but he never parted with it. With him gone, it was ours to use.

“Where are you and Mikey going?” I asked him.

“RV searching around town, we can’t make the trip in the van.” Ray said. And by RV searching, he meant driving around town, or a neighboring town, until they found an RV to steal and use for the trip.



An hour later, I sat in the front seat of the bright orange van, Frank in the seat next to me, waiting for Gerard to join us.

“Oh fuck.” Frank frowned, looking at the interior of the van.

“What?” I asked, my eyes shifting to it too.

“I brought cds for today, but this old peace of junk car has no cd player!”


“Well I’m sorry, why don’t you go back 50 years and put one in here.” I said, shutting him up. The front door open and out walked Gerard Way, in his what seemed like usual black attire and shoulder length black hair slightly messy, he came to Franks door, noticed the seat was already taken and got in the back, shutting the door.

“Hi Gerard…” Frank turned around to look at him, and I started the car. You see, if It had just been Gerard and I, there probably would have been silence, until I mustered the courage to say something, but with Frank around, silence did not exist. Our destination was the warehouse- a gigantic warehouse, where small stores in town, and bigger shopping centers like Wal Mart had their supplies delivered and stored here. Since the plague wiped nearly everyone out, everything there was up for grabs, and it was better than letting it go to waste. But the whole was to the warehouse, Frank would not shut up, he asked Gerard dozens of questions, which were helpful to me. I learned Gerard was 24, the same age as my brother, he was straight, much to Franks disappointment, and he liked the same music we did.


Finally, we reached the warehouse, parking in the front, Frank got out of the van and took off inside the huge building.


“How do you deal with him?” I jumped, I hadn’t even noticed Gerard get out of the van, but now he was standing right next to me.

“Lot’s of time and patience.” I answered. “I know he seems like a bit much, but you’ll get used to it.” I told him, and began walking in the direction Frank had gone.

“He’s almost as bad as Mikey when he’s had too much coffee.” Gerard said next to me.

I laughed, Mikey seemed like such a quit and shy person. “Mikey gets hyper?”

Gerard raised his dark eyebrows. “Yes, he does, he looks quiet, but don’t let that fool you.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.” I said as we entered the building, I looked around on the walls to find the panel of switches, and turned all of them up, turning on all of the lights. “Frank, where are you?” I called out.


“Over here!” Frank called, some 30 feet away, standing on top of a mountain of boxes. How someone with such little legs moved so fast, I will never know.

“Be careful Frank, if you fall and break a leg, I’m not carrying you back to the van.” I said, walking to the opposite side of the building, where I knew the bottled water and packaged food would be.

“No, but Gerard can.” Frank said happily, I just smiled, at least Frank tried.



Gerard and I spent the next two hours loading up the van with everything on the list. Frank did help some, but he got distracted. Gerard actually proved to be of good help, even though he never said much to me. It wasn’t until we were about to leave, that I noticed that Frank was missing.

“Have you seen Frank?” I asked Gerard and he took off his hoodie and brushed the hair out of his eyes.

“No, thought he was with you.” Gerard said.

“…shit.” I sighed and looked back in the building, even though all the lights were off. “Frank? Frank! Are you In here?” but I got no answer. “Frank?” I called, walking around the back of the building, and then I saw him on the hill. His back was turned to me and he was looking out at something. “Frank?” I called to him, but he wouldn’t answer, so I walked up the steep hill to where he stood and gasped.


Below and across the bare field was a pit, a huge pit dug, it had probably been built for a landfill before the virus had hit, and not, instead of trash, there were bodies. Dead bodies filled the pit, piles on piles, rotting decaying bodies, the sound of flies was like a constant buzz, like background music. And when the breeze blew, the horrible stench rose and was carried to us, I gagged and felt dizzy. And from the distance I could see a large white truck drive up to the pit, and two men in white body suits got and threw more bodies into the pit.


“Fucking inhuman bastards!” Frank cursed and threw a rock in the direction of the car, it missed. “This is bullshit!” he yelled.

I don’t know if it was the stench, or the sight of the bodies, or the impact of it all, but my knees went weak and I fell to the dirty ground. I became dizzy and light headed, and the world around me became dark and silent.
Sign up to rate and review this story