Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Life Is Full of False Hopes

Juvy

by Wicked_Lovely 4 reviews

Brendon's time in the recreational center in a nutshell.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2011-06-22 - Updated: 2011-06-22 - 1167 words

0Unrated
The first week was odd, to say the least. I got beat once every other day, but it balanced out somewhat when it came to the people in the mental wing. The majority of them were amazingly nice. Alex and I became friends, something that I didn't really expect to happen. Ducky seemed to be a schizophrenic, and he was somewhat dangerous. I learned that the reason why he had been committed was because he killed his pet dog. He said that one of his friends told him to do it, but when the police found out and researched his friend's name nothing came up. He frequently pointed out things that weren't there, and talked to nothing. Camine had multi-personality disorder. Apparently there was more than just Camine in his thin body, he shared it with a kid by the name of James.
There were plenty of other odd kids in the place, there was one that attached himself to a pole for the majority of everyday. Every time one of the workers tried to get him off of it he would scream. Alex told me that the kid thought he was a squid, and that he refused to eat the majority of the food that they served, saying that he would only eat rice or fish. Not that I ate very much either, I just never felt like it. Another younger boy seemed to be constantly shaking, only saying the same few words over and over again. It was almost like he couldn't say anything other than "Maybe one day." It was almost impossible to not wander what was going through his messed up head every day.
It seemed that everyone was slightly twisted. It almost made me feel like I was the most normal one there. And then came family day, allowing all of the kids to see their siblings and parents. I sat alone in my room for the whole day, waiting for it to pass. I was the only one in the mental wing that didn't have anyone visit them. The only thing I could do to pass the time was read the book that my sister gave me. It was the only thing I had left, and I wanted to make sure that it stayed at least partially safe.
Two days after that I was told that they had found a family for me to move in with, something that I know was supposed to be good news. My social worker said that I'll get out earlier than most kids because of it. Luck me, right? Except for the part where I have to go out to the normal world sooner, deal with a new family, go to a new school, deal with new jocks, and find a new dealer that would be willing to sell to me. For me, getting out early was not a good thing.
The next week went on in the same sense the first week did, each day going by slowly. Wake up, eat, get dressed, talk in the lounge, eat, go to therapy, sit and do nothing, eat, shower, sleep. And repeat. And repeat. And repeat. Eventually I was getting to where I only had a half a week left, something that seemed good for a few moments before turning to bad. Another room showed up in the part of the center that I belonged, and that was where they sent me. So it was goodbye getting hit every once in a while, and hello to being beat like crazy. Everyone in the part that I was moved in were crazier than the ones in the mental wing. The worst part was when a group of teens a year or two older than me decided that I was a 'Nice piece of meat.' It certainly wasn't the way I thought I was going to loose my virginity. But it was. And it was just me against five people that were all older and stronger than me, so even if I tried to fight it, I wouldn't have won. Instead I just gagged on one of their dicks as another one torn up my insides.
Not that it really mattered, and I ended up being able to leave two days later. Two painful days later. I found myself standing outside of the building, holding a single bag that had all of my ripped and blood stained clothing in it, waiting for my social worker to pick me up and take me to my new family. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, and I wasn't too excited about it, but at least it would be better than the center.
At least, that's what my social worker said.


~~~~~

Short. It's so short. But it's okay, because the next one should be longer, (isn't that what I always say?) and this chapter had some plot development! That's good, right? Oh, and one more thing. When I was righting this I was listening to Bedroom Walls. If you've never heard of them, then I feel incredibly sorry for you, because they're amazing. Kind of like And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead. Their song In Anticipation of Your Suicide is amazing, and ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead's eight days of hell is extremely impressive.

patdfan:I wanna give him a hug too, he just puts up with so much. It's heartbreaking. (Even though I could change it easily.)

PartyPoison:Thanks a million for that, I'm hoping that it will stay good. And it's not like I'm going to completely avoid putting in some cute chapters in here and there. There just won't be as many as the angsty ones.

LePanicFan:Let's all love the horror that is Brendon's life in this story. I'm glad that you like the story even if it is immensely depressing.

AnotherKnifeInMyHand:I'm glad you like the angst. :) I feel like it would be terribly boring if there was no angst in it. And I do agree with the time skip, it's not like I had that many ideas for the center. And there were a few scenes that I didn't really want to write.
But there will probably be some scenes like it later on.
I'm ecstatic to make this story long, there are so many things I want to do with it. There's just so much that needs to be added.
You're promoting it? That makes me feel like a total badass. :) I promise to do at least an update a week for it.

Next chapter will be up soon enough. And I have some other stories that I've been working on that aren't getting enough love. In fact, the best one that I have posted (according to you guys) isn't even getting as much love as it used to. Perhaps I'm becoming worse? I do want to hear what you have to say, it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
-xoxo Pansy.
Sign up to rate and review this story