Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Stars Made of Fire

Constant Ticking

by Wicked_Lovely 4 reviews

Three years after the crash.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance,Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-06-22 - Updated: 2011-06-22 - 1104 words

3Exciting
Ryan walked along the broken sidewalk, staring at all of the broken down buildings as he held onto his lighter tightly. It had been three years since the train crash, and everything had changed.
"One fine day, in the middle of the night." A missile flew through the air, hitting one of the already broken buildings. There were no screams as a loud explosion went off. Ryan stopped, his breathing becoming heavy. He missed the screams. There used to be so many screams. No all he could hear was constant ticking, and the sound of fire burning while the world around him exploded. "Two dead boys got up to fight." He clutched his weapon tightly, the large gun being the only thing that he could use to protect himself. "Back to back they faced each other." A building to his right collapsed, and he stared at the wreckage for a moment, the concrete and metal covering the ground like a modern artists render of the broken government. "Pulled out their swords and shot one another." He felt so alone as he searched the broken empty streets for some sign of life. "The deaf cop on the beat heard the noise," He turned the corner, staring at the vines that covered the disaster that used to be a normal city. "and came and shot the two dead boys."
"I once saw a man that didn't exist." Ryan turned his head to look at Brendon who gave him a small smile. "And then again the next day. Oh how I wish that man would go away."
"Did you find anything?" Ryan asked as he looked at the younger boy. Brendon frowned a little.
"It's always business with you, isn't it?" Brendon asked with a pout, his pale thin lips tugged down at the corner.
"So did you find anything?" Ryan asked again as he rolled his eyes at Brendon.
"I found a bag of chips." Brendon said as he held up the small bag. Ryan gave a small sigh.
"That's not enough food for all of us." Ryan said as he looked at Brendon who gave him a small frown.
"It's all I could find."
"You go back to camp, I'm going to see if I can find some more." Brendon shook his head.
"You'll get hurt if you're left alone."
"Just go, tell them I'll be back soon enough." Brendon paused for a moment, looking at Ryan. He looked sick, and Brendon knew that it was because of the way he had tried to take care of everyone else. And how he was failing.
"Be careful, okay?" Brendon asked. Ryan nodded, slinging his gun on his back.
"I'll be fine." He walked away, going towards the destroyed building that looked like it used to be a supermarket. He could only hope that things would get better eventually.
He shivered as the cold air signaled to him about the setting sun. He pulled his jacket closer to his body, walking into the shadows, even though he knew how dangerous it could be. He walked down the broken isles, using his flashlight to see as he looked through the cans bottles boxes and bags. He picked up a few boxes of cereal, and some cans of beans.
There was a rustling in the back of the store and he quickly shined the light on where the noise came from, his heart pounding. No matter how many times it happened, it was still just as terrifying as the first time. He could see movement in the background, knowing the creatures that hid there. He go his assault rifle off of his back, pointing it in the same direction as his flashlight. There was a loud growl from behind him and he turned around, shooting the fiend in the face as quickly as he could. The thing manged to rip his shirt slightly as it fell to the ground. Three more attacked him at the same time, and he shot two of them, the third one knocking his weapon to the ground. He pulled his knife out of his pocket, quickly getting it in the top of the creatures head. He looked at what he had done, staring at the things that would once have been considered human.
Their flesh was rotting off, blood coming out of their mouths and the wounds he had made. But they still had faces. They used to have families, and a place to live. They had lives, and it was all taken away. He choked back tears, putting his mask on to get over the stench as he went to find some water. He grabbed a few bottles, putting them in his bag before walking outside, his flashlight on his gun.
He walked over to his bike, turning it on before starting to drive back to camp. He avoided the abandoned cars that were on the road, trying not to think about the broken state of the world.


~~~~~

I didn't put this in the first chapter. (A huge mistake on my part.) But if you're still reading, I wouldn't mind having a few characters for it. The only things that are mandatory if you want to have a role in it is a name, description, gender, and whether or not I can kill you off. (Because there will be lots of death in this story) And things that are optional are background, special abilities if you want to have any, and anything else you might want to add.
By now, you probably can tell if you like this story so far and if you want to be apart of it or not. So just put it as a review if you want to be a part of it. I'll accept all of them, because there's no way I'm going to get as many characters from you guys as I need.

AnotherKnifeInMyHand:It'll get worse, trust me. I've been reading a lot of Joe Hill recently (he's my favorite horror novelist.) and I have to say that I got a lot of inspiration from him. Well, him and the Joe Ledger series by Jonathan Maberry.
I don't think it's as original as you would think, there are so many sci-fi flicks like it, and a million action movies. It's just a little different.
Which makes it special.

PartyPoison:I've had this idea floating around in my brain for over half of a year, so it should be somewhat easy to write it. I'm glad you like it so far, I'll update as much as I do on all of my other stories.

-xoxo Pansy.
Sign up to rate and review this story