Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The (Not So) True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys (And Their Cool Friends)

Chapter 7: Party Poison

by RebelDevil2019 0 reviews

New friends or old enemies???

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-06-22 - Updated: 2011-06-22 - 1615 words

0Unrated
“Right, so just stare straight down the barrel,” Grace narrowed her eyes in concentration, managing to go slightly cross-eyed in the process. Kobra Kid watched her with appraising eyes.

“That’s pretty good. Now make sure your targets lined up and when I say go, squeeze the trigger, don’t pull it,”

“What happens if I pull it?” Grace looked up questioningly.

“You don’t wanna know, Melody. Now, one, two, three, GO!” there was a flash of white light as Grace’s ray gun flared and the target (an old tin can me and Grace used for practice) was incinerated in blue flames. Ghoul and I instantly broke into a loud round of applause as Grace looked stunned at her own precision.

“I did it!” she yelled in delight as she wrapped her arms around Kobra’s middle, which was about as high up as she could reach. Kobra even returned the hug. I figured he was still in shock about a nine year old girl being such a sharp shooter.

“Nice one, Melody!” I called from my spot on the edge of the porch. She beamed over at me as Kobra moved to reset the target. I was used to calling her by her Killjoy name by now, but I always referred to her as Grace in my head. That would never change and she would always be my little Gracie.

“You’ll have all the Drac’s terrified! Well, you would if they could think for themselves,” Ghoul chuckled at his own joke, digging his fork deeper into the PowerPup he was currently devouring.

“Our own mini sharp shooter,” I smiled over at my sister who was waiting for Kobra to finish setting up the target again.

“Well, that will come in handy in about 5 minutes,” came a grave voice from behind us. I turned to see Jet and Poison looking tense and worried. My hand instantly went to my ray gun. I had only been here for a month and a half now, but I knew that something was wrong.

“What’s happened?” asked Ghoul, abandoning his food.

“D’s picked up a Drac vehicle heading this way. Says they’ll be on us in under 5,” Jet replied looking solemn. Shit, there was no way we would be able to pack up and move on in that amount of time.

“What do we do?” I asked, getting quite scared now.

“We wait here and ambush them. That’s all we can do,” Poison seemed determined enough for all of us, so I stood and began to hide all evidence that we had been there, clearing away the empty cans and hiding Jets old guitar inside the diner. Kobra came through the door with Grace in tow, who was looking scared but determined like Poison. That kid had certainly picked up a lot from him. I just hoped the constant swearing wouldn’t follow.

Poison, Ghoul and Jet all entered the diner and took cover behind the counter. I crouched behind one of the booths as Kobra flicked off the generator. We all stiffened as we heard a car pull up outside. It suddenly hit me that if we lost this fight, then I could lose Grace. I looked over to where she was crouched behind Kobra Kid and knew that I would die protecting her. I could promise her that much, at least.

We heard footsteps crunch on the sand outside, voices. One appeared strained and hurt, the other worried and desperate. I tensed, confused. Drac’s never showed emotion, they were nothing more than robots, a computer in a human disguise. We heard footsteps running up the porch, approaching the front door and all confusion vanished from my mind as I focused on the task at hand. We had to protect each other.

The door swung open and we all leapt out from where we were hiding, aiming our ray guns at the doorway – where a Killjoy stood, staring at us with wide eyes. She was only a little taller than me, but looked a few years older. Her black hair reached the shoulders of her red leather jacket and her green combat trousers were cut short at the knee. Her ray gun was painted bright purple and I could see a tattoo on the side of her neck. We were all stunned and apparently so was she, as she continued staring around at us all, ray guns at the ready, little Grace and all. Party Poison was the first to recover.

“Who are you?” he demanded, assuming his role of leader with great ease.

“B-blood Red Raven,” she stammered only once, for which I had to give her credit because Poison could look pretty damn scary when he wanted to and right now he looked terrifying.

“You’d better start explaining to me why you’ve pulled up outside our base in a DracMobile or you’re gonna be another name on Dr D’s Ghosted List,” the scary thing was, I wasn’t sure if he was joking or not. Blood Red Raven looked terrified and tripped over herself to explain her presence.

“M-my crew, we were out in the desert, resting. There were six of us, but the Drac’s found us and . . . there was a fight. Our crew, they were all ghosted, we didn’t know what to do. So me and Genocide got our injured friend, Vampxie, in one of their cars and kept driving. She’s badly hurt,” her eyes became pleading and sad. “Please, can you help her? We don’t know what to do, she’s in so much pain,”

We all turned to Poison, awaiting his decision. He paused for a moment, and then nodded.

“Jet, Ghoul, Rebel, go outside and check the car make sure this story isn’t complete and utter bullshit.” I nodded and followed my two comrades out the door, passing the Killjoy as I went. We reached the DracMobile and approached it cautiously in case it was a trap after all. Before we could get any closer, the passenger door swung open to reveal anther Killjoy drawing her ray gun and we instantly did the same.

“Who are you? What do you want?” shouted the red head. She was definitely younger than the first, maybe even my age, but she was also a lot more confident and sure of herself.

“Relax. We’re on your side. We want to help.” Jet Star’s calming tone that had gotten a hyperactive Grace to go to sleep countless times was evidently working again. The girl lowered her ray gun slightly and we did the same.

“Is one of your friends hurt? We want to help you,” at this, all hostility disappeared from the girls eyes as she replaced her ray gun and hurried around to open the back door of the car.

“She got hit during the fight. At first we thought it was only a graze, but she started bleeding pretty badly about an hour ago. We don’t know what to do.” Worry was plain across her face as Jet Star carefully lifted the limp body of another girl from the back seat of the car. He hurried past me into the diner, followed closely by Fun Ghoul, leaving me outside with the Killjoy I guessed was Genocide. After an awkward moment of us just staring at each other, I nodded my head towards the diner.

“Come on then,” I muttered before ducking through the doorway. I saw Jet Star and Fun Ghoul tending to the wounded girl I took to be Vampxie. Her friend Raven knelt by her, grasping her hand tightly. I looked over to where Poison and Kobra were talking in the corner of the diner, Grace sticking close to Kobra’s side. When she saw me enter, she ran over and wrapped her skinny arms around my waist. I returned the hug smiling down at her frizzy little head. We really needed to find this kid a brush, because her hair was becoming seriously wild. I heard Genocide enter behind me and Poison and Kobra turned to face her. I gently backed Grace out of the way. I could knew there would be an interrogation and would prefer to stay out of it.

Poison strode towards Genocide and drew his ray gun. Genocide, however, appeared unfazed.

“You name,” it wasn’t a question and Genocide replied calmly, which surprised me. Poison could be pretty damn scary when he wanted to and right now he was extremely disturbing.

“Lithium Genocide. And you are?” she retorted, looking Poison dead in the eye and I silently applauded her in my head. At least she was brave. Poison didn’t respect such boldness.

“Don’t push it. We’ll help out your friend, then you can be on your merry fucking way, is that clear?”

“Crystal,” she replied coolly. Poison narrowed his eyes at her, then returned to his brother. Grace was now staring curiously at the Killjoy and she tugged on my hand. I knelt down as she whispered loudly in my ear, “Is she a Killjoy like us?”

“Sure am, kid,” we turned to see Genocide smiling at us, having evidently heard Grace’s whisper.

“Are you going to hurt us?” Grace asked directly and I sighed inwardly. She could be so blunt sometimes. Genocide appeared unfazed.

“Nah, we’re on the same team. Down with BL/ind and all that shi- stuff,” Grace was obviously pleased with this answer and took a step forward.

“What’s your name?” Genocide smiled again and reached out a hand for her to shake.

“Call me Dana.”
Sign up to rate and review this story