Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Unfair As It May Be

Unfair As It May Be

by x_constance 2 reviews

As depression and addiction fight for control over Conny, will she let a charming Frank save her?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-06-23 - Updated: 2011-06-25 - 545 words - Complete

0TrainWreck
First fanfic. Let me know how you like it, and maybe some constructive criticism.

PREFACE

My eyes fluttered open again, while around me lights flashed at an unbelievable rate. I couldn't believe how fast the addies worked, and how amazing the high was. Jo walked over to where I was, knowing exactly what I had done. She pretended not too, however poorly, grabbing my hand and yanking me back towards the crowd. My legs felt like Jello, so I leaned on Jo's shoulder and stared up as Frank inched his way toward Gerard until their faces were only centimeters apart. That image stayed burned in my head, my two idols, gorgeous, as the rest of the night passed through in a blur of pumping bass and strobe.
I found myself on a cold sidewalk with Jo, waiting in a line of anxious people. I felt groggy, and I pulled a cigarette from the pack in my pocket and lit it, catching a disapproving look from Jo in my peripheral vision. The nicotine raced through my body, adding to the at ease yet confused feeling that was starting to drive me crazy. The line slowly inched forward, and suddenly I was face to face with my hero.
All I could manage was a slurred-sounding, "Hi."
The look he gave me was terrified, and slightly concerned. I didn't understand why until I realized that I was swaying back and forth, slowly losing consciousness. I tried as hard as I possibly could to keep my eyes open, but they soon shut, and a cage of warmth wrapped around me.
----
I woke up in a dark bunk in what seemed to be a camper. I saw someone sitting next to me, and I nearly jumped out of my skin.
"Hey, hey.. Calm down.. It's Jo," she said, petting my head like a dog, like she always did. It was strangely comforting.
"Where are we?..."
"The tour bus," she stated bluntly.
"Oh, I s.... WAIT. THE WHAT?!"
"You passed out on Frank fucking Iero, Conny. He thought you fainted because you were some crazy fangirl," she said, starting out with an angry tone and finally fading to laughter.
Someone opened the door and trudged up the steps, throwing something that sounded like a jacket on the floor. The curtain to the bunk opened slightly, and a stream of piercing light hit my eyes like a blade. I winced, and hid my eyes behind Jo's arm.
"You okay now, kid?," I heard what I assumed was Frank asked, shaking my head Yes.
"Look. I saw one of my best friends, almost get eaten alive by drugs... I don't want that happening to anyone else, if I can help it..."
I flashed a confused look at Jo, and Frank caught on.
"Your friend Jo... She, uhh, kinda told me your life story while you were passed out on my bed."
Everything?! How much did she say? HIS bed? What was going on?!
"I want you to go back to your hotel, get some food, a good nights sleep, and be safe. Deal?"
I nodded again. He handed me a slip of paper and watched me as I tucked it away safely in my wallet and headed back to the parking garage...
Sign up to rate and review this story