Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Saviour of the Broken

Chapter forty-Time to go Down in Flames

by xxKilljoysxx 10 reviews

"How come we don't say 'I love you' enough."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-06-24 - Updated: 2011-06-25 - 1676 words - Complete

5Moving
This took a long long time but here's the final chapter! Thank you so much everyone who's help me a long the way(: You're amazing and have really kept me motovated and inspired me to extend my passion of writing(: Thank you x

FRANK'S P.O.V

It still hurt when I walked, it still hurt when I stood, it still hurt when I breathed. The tight bandages that wrapped around my chest made me feel trapped. My scars remind me that it's all real, every bit of it. But now that I'm stronger I've figured out how this world turns dark and cold and breaks your soul, eliminating your innocence and tearing your heart open.
I self conciously traced my scar.
"Stop touching it, Frankie." whispered Gerard's voice. I looked up at him as we walked through the hospital's carpark towards his mom's car.
He opened the passengers side and I carefully climbed in. With one more concerned look, he left to get in the front seat.

We drove in silence. I didn't really know where we were going, I didn't know if Gee would take me home just yet, he told me that he told mom and dad that I was gay and they left the hospital and didn't visit agian. I don't think Gee would want to see them after that.

I starred absentmindedly out the window, trembling still. I ignored Gerard's nervous, worried side looks that he gave me every few seconds, like he was scared I might fade away.

After a short while he pulled into my drive way. I looked at him, surprised.
"I-I don't know if I should go in with you. I think I've pretty much blown chances of any good impressions."
"I can't go in alone, Gee."
So together we walked up the path, hand in hand. I reasurringly squeezed his hand before unlocking the front door.
What was inside made my heart drop.
Nothing.
The house was empty.
I felt my jaw fall.
They couldn't.. They couldn't leave their only son.
I dropped Gerard's hand, I could feel his sympathetic stare boring into my eyes but i refused looking back. I scanned the room desperately, looking for anything.
Anything at all..

With out a word I left Gee's side, He stayed at the front door, still looking at me. I seached every room downstairs as fast as I possibly could, but i didn't know what i was looking for. I didn't know what i was expecting to find.... It was empty, everything was empty..

I walked as quickly as my injured legs would take me up the stairs and to my room. My head was fogged and my heart was racing.. But I felt empty.
I paused at my door before reaching out and clasping the silver doorknob. The room flooded with light as I opened it. The curtains were closed, giving the space a distant and sinister mood.
Lying in the center of the floor were three boxes and a guitar case. I felt knots tighten inside me as i swallowed the expanding lump in my throat and stepped towards them.
I noticed a note sitting on top of one of the few boxes, and the unmistakable scribbles of my father's handwriting.

Frank, you have brought disappointment to this family for the last time. Your mother and I are not coming back. We will not tollerate having a son like yourself. We have never felt so ashamed.
These are the few things that we didn't want to take with us.
Don't look for us.


They'd left. I have no idea where..
I close my eyes as I feel my breathing increase. I felt like I was going to be sick. I backed towards the wall and pressed my back against it. I felt my legs give way and I slowly dropped to the floor. I felt cold. I felt small. I was alone.
I want to run, I want to run untill i cant walk. I want to get away. Be anywhere but here.
These walls start breathing, I'm trapped inside a world I hate. I bring my knees to my chest and rested my head on them. I start to wonder why I'm here.

I still felt the sharp pains that darted down my chest. I wrapped my arms around myself and wept. I was lost and insecure. Alone.

I looked down at the letter which was scrunched up into a ball, clutched in my hand. I locked my jaw and began tear the paper into thousands of tiny pieces, Holding the remains in my fist.

"Frankie" Gerard whispered, making me jump.
He sat next to me and wrapped his arm softy around my shoulders.
"They're gone." I said flatly, silent tears still skimmed down my pale face.
He sighed, "Maybe it's for the best."
"I don't care that they're gone, Gee. They can go to hell."
"Why are you crying then?"
"I just-.. I don't know what to do. I have no family. I'm alone."
"You do have a family, Frankie. You always will. You have Mikey, Mom and me." He said, barely more than a whisper.
"No." I breathed. "I can't intrude like that."
He gave a small chuckle, "You basically live with us anyway, Frank."
He stood up before I could debate any longer.
"I'll get the boxes, you go to the car." He smiled.


GERARD'S P.O.V

Frank and I walked through the front door. The house was silent, Mikey was at school and Mom was at work. Frank had been quiet the whole way here and now was looking awkwardly at his laces.
"Frank?"
He raised his eyes to meet mine, but kept his head hung low.
I took his hand and led him to the lounge. He sat next to me but looked out the window on the other side of the room.
"Frank." I said a little more sternly now.
"Mmm?"
"Whats wrong?"
".. I'm thinking."
"You think too much, Frank."
A small side-smile appeared quickly before fading.
"I know. I over analyse situations because I'm scared what wil happen if I'm not prepared for it." He said, his eyes becoming more and more didstant and his face dropping.
Again, he nervously traced his scar. I stopped him by taking his hand.
"Why do you keep touching it?"
"It's never going to go, is it?" He asked, ignoring me. I squeezed his hand tighter and slowly shook my head.
He swallowed hard and looked down at our entwined hands.
"Gee?"
"Mm?"
"Don't ever leave me agian."
"Never."
He kept his eyes on our hands and took a deep breath.
"How come we don't say 'I love you' enough."
"Because those words aren't enough."
He looked up to my eyes. I closed the gap.
I felt his hands come up to my neck and wrap around as we moved closer. I had to be gental, he was still so fragile. I lay down on the couch, never breaking the kiss. Our lips moved in sync with each other's, our twin scars pressed against each other. It's been a while since everything has felt this right. I wrapped my arms around him-
"Gee! You home!?"
"You're fucking kidding me." Frank murmured before climbing off me.
"In here, Mikes." I laughed.
"FRANK!" Mikey's face brightened as he ran to Frank, who was sitting grumily on the other side of the sofa.
Mikey squeezed Frankie into a tight embrace, which I could see hurt, but Frank managed to keep quiet and hug Mikey back.
"How are you."
"Better than before, but still shit." He managed to say it with a small smile playing across his lips.
Mikey nodded smypathetically. "When will you be back at school?"
Frank shrugged and looked over to me.
"Whenever he's up to it."
Mikey nodded. "Bob and Ray have been so worried. They're coming over later."
Frank nodded and looked back at his shoes.
"Have you seen your parents yet?" You could even hear it in the tone of Mikey's voice that he didn't like them.
"No. They left."
"What do you mean?"
"They moved."
Silence fell. I studied Frank, he looked more angry that upset, still staring at his converse shoes.
Mikey looked over to me, his eyes wide. I gave him a warning look which he knew meant 'drop it'.
"Frank's going to be living with us now, Mikey." I said.
Mikey lept up from the sofa, giving both Frank and I frights. We starred up at him and he brightly smiled at us.
"Really!?"
Frank nodded.
Mikey seemed to be lost for words, instead he crushed both Frank and I into another bone breaking hug.

Later that night, after Mom and Mikey had gone to bed, Frank and I stayed up late. We sat together on the sofa and talked. Just talked, as simple as that, just the two of us, hand in hand.

Too often in life we take the best things for granted. The saying where you never know a good thing untill you lose it. The truth is you always knew what you had, you just never thought it would be gone.

Fate has its ways of throwing things infront of you that you never expected. It's all a test, a test to see how you react. It's always unpredictable, but all the best things are..

It took Frank some time to develop into our family life, he said he wasn't used to such an environment. He says it's the best thing that's ever happened to him..

It's not up to your past to define you. What defines us is how well we rise after falling.

But right now, it's not about the happy ending. It's about the story.

It's destiny.

There you have it. I'll probably edit this one in a while because im not 100% happy, so keep your eyes peeled! And when I say edit I mean change completely. Tell me what you think. I can't thank you all enough for helping me. Love Love Love you!!! x
Sign up to rate and review this story