Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > The Last Time

Before the Attack

by kristinah91 1 review

The planning is done, but Sonic feels it will be the last time he ever sees Amy. In this chapter, Sonic reveals how he feels about Amy... if only he did this sooner...

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Characters: Amy Rose, Cream, Knuckles, Miles "Tails" Prower, Rouge, Shadow, Sonic - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-05-30 - Updated: 2006-05-31 - 2810 words

1Moving
Before The Attack...

On the metarex ship...
Amy didn't struggle against Dark Oak's grip. He dragged her by her hair down hallway, after hallway. Her head was in so much pain she felt like she was going to die any minute. Many feelings came to her. She first felt angry at herself for letting her guard down, then she felt sad because she knew Sonic didn't want to go through this again. The last time this happened he had almost died. Then she felt like she was going to cry for so many different reasons. Then tears formed in her eyes. She had to do something, anything to get away. Then she punched Dark Oak's hand. This caught him off guard and he let go of her. She scrambled to her feet, and started running. She didn't get but a few steps before the pain came back. She fell forwards and hit the ground. She struggled to get up, but Dark Oak had forced her back on the ground. She was sobbing now. He said "Shut up already, you are giving me a headache. I don't want to have to kill you before I have to!!!!". She quieted herself. "That's better, damn you are so annoying!" Dark Oak said. He grabbed her by the arm and started pulling her down the hall. She was so scared she started shivering. They came to the end of the hall, which there was an elevator. The pushed her in, she hit the back of the elevator and fell to the ground. Some of the blood came off of her once pink bandage on the white wall. He said "Now look what you have done! You have stained my elevator with your blood!!!!" He hit her in the face, she fell over on the floor and whimpered. She whispered "Sonic, please come. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me.". She said this so low to where Dark Oak couldn't hear it. The elevator came to a stop. He grabbed her by the neck, and lifted her to where he could look into her sad eyes. He said in a low angry tone, the same one Sonic used "You mess anything up, and I will personally make sure you suffer when you die..." He was choking her. Then he threw her on the ground causing her to cough up blood. "Stupid bi..." he said under his breath. He then reached down and grabbed her arm and dragged her to a room. The walls were glass and there was nothing inside. Dark Oak pushed some numbers into the number pad on the wall. Amy saw the numbers and remembered them. The wall made an opening. He then threw her into the room. She hit the ground and rolled a few feet before coming to a stop. She heard him yell out to her "You be good and your death might not be so painful!" She was bleeding again from her head, and now was bleeding from the mouth. She pulled herself into a fetal position. She was shivering from the cold air and crying. She wanted to tell Sonic she was sorry for everything. She felt her body go numb. All she could do was lay there in the cold room, she felt so helpless. Deep down she heard someone's voice. It was Sonic, he was telling her it would be alright and that he would be there soon. This gave her comfort as she drifted off into a deep sleep, that she hoped she wouldn't come out of for a long time.

Back on the home planet of the metarex...
Sonic lay down on the grass close to a tree. He looked up at the stars, and saw one of them was moving. "That must be where Amy is..." Sonic said. Just then Shadow walked up to him. Sonic looked at him. Then Sonic said "Do you think we will get her back?". "Of course we will. Have we ever failed before?" Shadow said in a calm voice. "No, I guess we haven't. Shadow, I said some terrible words to-" Shadow cut him off, "I know! I was there, we all were. I still don't understand what you have wrong with her." Sonic said slowly, "Nothing is wrong with her. I don't know why I said that. Shadow, do you think she will ever forgive me?" Shadow looked at the ground. He never had to be in this kind-of situation before. He said "Sonic, look, if I know Amy. She already has." With this said, Sonic felt better. But, he still had a bad felling about this. He said thanks to Shadow, who then walked over to Tails to finish the final details of their attack. "Don't worry Amy, everything will be alright. I'm comming for you, and I promise I will let nothing happen to you." Sonic said to the atmosphere. As he too fell asleep.

In the morning, Tails woke Sonic. Sonic sat up and said "Let's go et Amy." With that, Sonic, Shadow, Tails, Cream, Rouge, and Knuckles took off for the metarex ship. Little did they know, they were expecting this. When they arrived in front of Dark Oak's ship, they heard dark Oak ask "Did you bring the chaos emeralds?". Then they opened fire on the two ships. They dodged the missiles, Shadow pulled up close to the ship, giving Sonic enough time to jump on board. Then Shadow took off to help Tails.
Once on board, Sonic ran down the halls, looking for any sign of her. He passed by hundreds of doors. None of which contained Amy. The dread of failure came over him. Sonic then came by a room, where the walls were made of glass. Inside, he saw what he was there for. Amy lay in the center of the room. She was laying on the floor unconscious. He came to a dead stop. He looked at her with fear. He said her name. She didn't respond, she laid there motionless. He said her name again banging on the glass. Still no response. "Please wake up... I need you!" he said, feeling as though it was useless. She moved slightly. Then she sat up slowly, then fell back down. She whimpered and then winced in pain as she pulled herself into a sitting position. Sonic yelled "Amy!". She turned to him with her eyes on the floor. He could tell she had been crying for a long time. He looked her over for injuries. He saw many brusies scratches, and her head had more blood on it than before. Anger ran through his body. he wanted to get Dark Oak for this. He wanted him to suffer.He looked at her with a pain in his eyes. She sat there, hands in her lap, her pink quills were pale, and she looked like she saw a ghost. He then started to look at the glass walls, trying to find a way in. He didn't see an entry. Then he heard his name. He looked up to see Amy, she was standing and walking over to him. Then she brought her hands to her head, and fell over. He felt so helpless, all he could do was watch. He then started to back away from the glass. Amy saw that he was moving away, she said "Sonic. What are you doing?" He looked her strait in the eyes and said, "I'm finding a way to get in there." She pointed to the number pad, which he didn't see before. He walked over to the pad. He then heard her say, "7,5,3,9,2". He pushed the numbers in that order. The wall made an opening, like a door. He ran over to her and knelt down next to her. He streched out his arms to help her. but, she moved away from him. She started to stand, but failed. She fell into Sonic's arms crying. He hugged her. Which was weird for her, but right now she didn't care. She felt so safe in his arms. Sonic rubbed her shoulder, trying to calm her down. Then she said "I'm sorry." He looked at her funny, he didn't know what she meant. She must have noticed this because she said, "I'm sorry, I never wanted this to happen. I'm also sorry you had to come save me. I know you hate doing this..." She trailed off. She didn't want to make him mad at her. It was his turn to say something, "Amy. I know what I said, and I should be the one who is sorry." He looked down at her with a smile. He was close to tears, but wasn't about to show them. He pulled her into a hug again, holding her close. Her head was resting on his chest. She closed her eyes as tears escaped them. She knew he meant what he said. He felt her tears on his chest and he held her tighter. He said in a low voice, "Amy, I'm here. Everything is going to be alright now." She wanted to believe this. She said "Sonic. It's never going to be okay. Not as long as I am here with you." He was shocked by what she said. He looked down at her and noticed that she had stopped crying. "What? Amy, why would you say something like that?" he asked in a soft voice. She answered back, "Sonic, I know you don't love me, I have accepted that. I just wished that just once, I could help you, repay you for all the times you have saved me. But, every time I try, you end up getting hurt. I can't take it any more. I want you to be happy, and if leaving you, is what is going to make you happy. Then that is what I have to do...." she paused for a moment, Sonic was so amazed at what she had said. Then she continued, " I just want to see you happy again, like when I first saw you...I always wanted you to be happy, but with m-wait... Sonic, you know they are going to kill you if they find you here with me, and you don't have the chaos emeralds." Fear was written all over her face. "You need to leave now, before they catch you." Amy said catching herself before she said anything else. Sonic was about to cry, his eyes were closed. Amy looked down at the ground and pulled away from his arms. She managed to take a few steps before falling. Sonic grabbed her arm, to keep her from falling. He said, "Don't leave. I came here for you, and im not leaving without you, because I-" he was cut off by an evil laugh. Dark Oak was standing on the other side of the room. He said "Looks like you are stupid for coming here without the chaos emeralds." Sonic picked Amy up and started running. He made it out the door. He retraced his path, running as fast as he could. The laughing ringing in his ears. Amy grabbed his neck as he sped up. All Sonic could think of was Shadow better hurry up, if he was going to get out of here with Amy.
Outside the ship, Tails and Shadow's ships were beating Dark Oak's ship. It was on fire and staring to fall down to the planet. Rouge yelled "Take that you ugly son of a bit.." "Rouge!" Knuckles yelled. "Sorry, I guess I got carried away." Everyone laughed. Shadow said "It's been too long, Sonic hasn't given the signal. I'm going in." He grabbed the emeralds. Cream took the controls. Shadow powered up at flew toward the metarex ship.
Sonic was now running faster than he ever had with someone. He was reaching the sound barrier. He turned down the wrong hall. But, it was too late to turn back. Dark Oak was right behind them. It was a dead-end. He skidded down the hall trying to stop. At the end of the hall was a window. If he hit it with Amy, they would fall out to their deaths. He was now only feet away, then he came to a stop just centimeters away from the window. He set Amy down carefully. She braced herself against the window. She looked out. They were cornered. Dark Oak was standing in front of the only way out. He had idea, but it might be too dangerous. Dark Oak said in a cold tone "Where are the chaos emeralds?". Sonic took a step foreword and put his hand in front of Amy. He said "Looks like the deal is off" With that, Dark Oak raised his gun, it was targeted at Sonic's head, and fired. Everything was in slow motion. Sonic then felt Amy push him. Causing him to fall, he then realized what was happening. She pushed him out of the way of the bullet, which grazed her neck. She fell on top of him. Her neck was bleeding onto Sonic. Sonic yelled "No, Amy!!!!" He placed her on the floor next to him. She was still alive, but barely. She said "Sonic, I'm sorry. But, you are the hero. Not me. I love you Sonic...". He placed his hand on her cheek, his other grabbed her hand. Then Sonic's began to water. "Amy, please don't leave me... I... I love... I love you too!" Then he started to cry. She was still wake, she was crying too. Then Sonic's face was only inches from her face, then he kissed her. She closed her eyes and kissed back. Then Sonic felt her go limp. She was dying quickly. "No." he whispered. Dark Oak did that evil laugh again, and said "Looks like that girl really did mean something to you." He pointed the gun at Sonic and said "At least this time she won't get in the way". Sonic closed his eyes. Then he felt a weird energy. It was the chaos emeralds. He stood up and opened his eyes. Shadow was standing over Dark Oak. Sonic powered up too, then picked Amy up carefully. "What happened?" Shadow said in a concerned voice. Sonic said "She needs help now." Shadow said "Everyone is back on the metarex planet. Tails might be able to help..." With that Shadow yelled "CHAOS CONTROL". Sonic, Amy, and Shadow were teleported back down on the planet.
Tails ran over to them. Sonic laid Amy on the ground and walked away. Shadow followed him. "Sonic what's wrong?" Shadow said while powering down. Sonic did the same. "I was careless, and I might be the reason she dies." Sonic said in a quiet voice. Then they heard Tails say "No. It can't be...". Sonic turned to see Tails start to cry. He had a bad feeling about this. Knuckles and Tails started to walk over to Sonic and Shadow. Tails started "She's..." he trailed off as he started to cry. Then Knuckles said "She's gone Sonic. There was nothing we could do..." He too started to tear up. Sonic felt like his world was falling apart. Sonic walked away. Shadow stared after him. He knew what she meant to him. But, he didn't want to believe she was gone. Sonic walked over to the spot where they had yelled at each other. He fell on his hands and knees and said "Why now? I could have saved her...". He was crying. Then he heard her voice. "Sonic, please don't be mad. I made this choice because I love you." Amy said. He looked up to see her standing in front of him. But, she was transparent and had no injuries on her body. He said "Amy, I love you." She smiled at him, tears rimmed her eyes. She knelt down beside him, and looked into his eyes. She gave him a kiss, but all he felt was air. A tear fell from her face and landed on him hand. He felt it, then looked up to see her disappear. That was the last time her saw her smile.
They buried her body by the pond. Sonic made trips back to her grave everyday, until the ship was ready to leave. He refused to leave her there on the planet. So they reburied her on their planet. Sonic changed that day. Some say for better, other say for the worse. But, he became wiser and stronger than ever before. The metarex gave up after the death of Dark Oak. Dr. Robotink seldom threatened Sonic and the gang, because of what happened to Amy. After reading this, I hope that everyone will be careful of what they say to someone close to them, because you never know when it will be that last time you see them...

~The End~ ^^
Sign up to rate and review this story