Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Is it Me or Her? (Info and Characters)

Is it Me or Her? (Prologue)

by jstar1992 0 reviews

(Prologue) Edward returns home to tragedy from a mission with his brother.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-06-28 - Updated: 2011-06-28 - 524 words

0Unrated
~Prologue~

Edward Elric sits on the train, watching the scenery pass by. Alphonse, his brother, sits across from him. “I can't wait to get home, Al.” Alphonse giggles. “Can't wait to see Winry or the kids, huh?” “Yeah” Edward sighs. He closes his eyes and he pictures the scene. His daughter and son sitting on the porch of the house. His wife looking out the window, waiting for him to return. Then they would see him walking up the road; she would smile and he would run up and scoop his son up into his arms. He and Winry would share a light kiss, her holding their daughter, and they would walk in together and sit down, talking about their day as they went inside.
Finally, the train stops at the station and both brothers get off, their bags in hand. Ed and Al walk home, smiling as they think of what awaits them. Old friends wave to them as they walk by, and they wave back. Nothing can ruin this day. “Well brother, this is my stop!” “Alright Al, see ya later!” His younger brother takes off to the right, down a small road that leads to his home. 'My life is perfect; a beautiful wife, two loving children, a nice job. I would never trade this for anything in the world.' Edward runs up to the porch, but doesn't see his children.
“Winry? Mason? Lilly? Where are you?” He walks into the house, confused about the change in the routine. He nearly passes out when he sees what's inside. There, surrounded by a puddle of blood, is his wife. He runs over and pulls her body into his arms. He checks her pulse, but there's nothing there. Gently, Edward sets her body down and runs upstairs. Maybe Mason and Lilly are alright. He runs into the bedroom his children share and inside, it is just as bad as seeing Winry in that state. There, still in her cradle, Lilly lays, the blood around her. Mason's body is on the ground, the marks on his neck indicate someone tried to strangle him, but he put up a fight. But someone decided to end his struggling and defiance. Edward bolts downstairs to see if the murderer is still there.
He looks, and a familiar face looks at him. “Why? Why did you do this?” he yells. “Oh shut up” the enemy attacks him. Unfortunately, Ed can't fight back. 'Why should I? My wife is dead; so are my children. What do I have to live for? I'll let them kill me.' The person walks out of the house and disappears and leaves Ed bloodied up on the floor. Someone comes running in and screams when they see the mess. “Brother!! Are you alright. What happened here?” “They killed my family.” Edward managed to sputter before passing out. “Who? Who killed them? Ed!” Al calls for help and some neighbors that come him to the hospital and get a mortician to the Elric house. Though this is an end, it is also a new beginning for Edward. He just doesn't know it yet.
Sign up to rate and review this story