Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Is it Me or Her? (Info and Characters)

Is it Me or Her (Chapter 1)

by jstar1992 0 reviews

Ed wakes up in the hospital and meets his doctor, Jasmine.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Edward Elric - Published: 2011-07-01 - Updated: 2011-07-01 - 621 words

0Unrated
~Chapter 1~

The first thing Edward sees is a white light. “A-Am I dead?” He whispers. A feminine chuckle makes him open his eyes. “Nope. You're alive. It's a very good thing; you almost didn't make it.” He looks over and sees a tall young woman with short dark brown hair and caramel-colored skin. Her brown eyes show comfort and caring. He has to admit, she's very beautiful. But why should he be focusing on the pretty doctor? He just lost his wife and his children. “Who are you?” “My name is Jasmine. Get used to me; I'm your doctor. And I'll make sure that you'll be back on your feet in no time!”
He smiles lightly at her. “Are you thirsty? Hungry? Is there anything I can get you?” she asks quickly. Ed doesn't respond. She shrugs her shoulders and walks out. “If you need anything, just call for me!” Sighing, Ed lays back. “Ed,” someone says. He looks up to see Roy Mustang standing at the doorway. “What are you doing here?” “I came to say that I'm sorry about your family. And also, to tell you that I'm the one that got you Jasmine. If it wasn't for me, you'd be under the care of someone else.” “So?” “It would take much longer to recover from the physical damage with someone else. She's one of the best we've got. So tell me, what did happen?”
So, bearing the pain, Edward tells Roy what he had seen in his home. After he finishes, he notices the tears fall down his face and attempts to wipe them away. Someone hands him a tissue and he looks up to see Jasmine. “I should go,” Mustang says before walking out the door, not even saying goodbye. She carefully dries the tears, not even letting him complain or take the tissue from her hands. “So Mr. Elric, I need to check some of the wounds on your back. Do you mind?” He chuckles lightly. “No. And call me Edward. Or Ed, whichever you prefer.” “Alright. I need you to take off your shirt and just relax. I have some medicine with me that should help ease the physical pain.”
Edward takes off his shirt, but he can't help but notice Jasmine blushing. 'Dammit Jas! He's a patient! Not some guy you can eye hump! Now start acting normal and help him with his cuts and bruises!' “Um... Are you okay?” He asks, making her break from her trance. “O-Oh yeah! I'm alright. Now turn around and let me take a look. Hmm... I need to change your bandages.” Carefully, she unwinds the blood-soaked ones, applies an ointment that helps with the healing, and replaces the bandages with fresh ones. “Now get some rest. You've had a hard day and you need time to heal.” Ed sighs before laying back and closing his eyes.
Jasmine watches Ed sleep for a few minutes before walking off to deal with another patient. She sighs when she reaches the next room. 'Why is this so hard? Watching people bleed or be in pain? If there was a way I could prevent it, I wish I knew...' She thought silently to herself. But she knew that it couldn't be helped; people get hurt and die every day. But only one died in her care. And that was because the people transporting the patient were morons and gave the man the wrong anesthesia, which it turned out the person was allergic to. They never blamed her for the death. But it still hurt to think about. “Oh well, I need to quit thinking about the past and get on with my life.” She says before continuing her work.
Sign up to rate and review this story