Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Things You Never Told Me

Chapter 5

by fueledbyPanic 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-06-28 - Updated: 2011-06-29 - 1342 words

1Moving
Hey guys I'm back! Sorry it took a while :/ I had this written but didn't have time to upload it. Disneyland was fun - it could've been a lot better seeing as I couldn't get into California Adventure but it was still cool. When the bus got into the parking lot it was actually cold and grey but as soon as we got into the park it was fucking hot. The entire morning I had a massive headache and I felt like I was hung over but it got better after I went on Space Mountain xD I took my little sister's friends on Indiana Jones and they were fucking scared shitless. I'd tell you more but I feel like it's gonna turn out longer than my story :/





Gerard took the last few CD cases out of his cardboard box and placed it on the little shelf in his new room. He sighed and looked around; it looked almost exactly like his old bedroom - the furniture was placed in their original spots and the walls were covered in posters as usual, but it just didn't feel the same. The house was actually a bit larger than their old one, and this one had a basement. Gerard had been thinking about using it for painting and storing his work. He looked at his alarm clock. A quarter to six. He decided to go downstairs to help his mother with dinner. He felt that she was probably just as stressed out as he and Mikey were, if not more. 

When he got downstairs he saw Mikey watching tv and his mother stirring something in a pot. He went over to the kitchen and opened a cabinet. He got out some plates and set them on the table along with the utensils. 

"Thank you, Gerard. Have you finished unpacking yet?" asked Donna. 

"Yeah, I just need to get rid of the boxes."

"That's good. I was hoping we could all go out tomorrow and just get to know the area better."

Gerard nodded. "That's fine. I wanted to see what the school looked like anyway."

"Alright. Would you go tell Michael dinner's ready?"

Gerard crossed the kitchen to the living room where his brother was watching tv.  

"Mikey, dinner's ready."

Mikey turned the tv off and silently walked past his brother without making eye contact.

Gerard ran a hand through his hair. Did I do something wrong? he asked himself. Mikey had been acting like this since they had moved here, and Gerard had just assumed he was just sad about leaving their old home. But the more he thought about it, the more he doubted that was the real reason. Just forget about it. It's probably nothing important.

Gerard sighed and shuffled back into the kitchen.

~

Mikey sat on his bed with his knees bent up to his chest. He had no idea what was wrong with his brother but it was starting to really scare him. He had been trying to avoid Gerard ever since he beat up Parker out of fear he would do something dangerous again. What had happened during dinner was something that simply could not be ignored. 

They had all been eating their spaghetti and pleasantly talking about where they were going to visit tomorrow. There was a point where they had started to talk about how the boys' new school was going to be, and suddenly Gerard had leapt up out of his chair. He had started to wildly throw things off the table shoved his chair against the wall and would have flipped the entire table over if it wasn't for their mother. She had surprisingly stayed quite calm and had restrained Gerard before he could cause any further damage. While she took him upstairs to his room he had been screaming something neither Mikey nor his mother could understand. However, as soon as Gerard had entered his bedroom he had collapsed onto his bed and silently lay there just staring at the ceiling. 

Mikey had nervously asked his mother what had happened and she'd told him not to worry about it, and that he'd probably just had a breakdown from all his stress. 

As Mikey sat on his bed thinking, he decided it was more than just a nervous breakdown. The look on Gerard's face when he had jumped out of his seat gave it away. His entire face had become dark and his hazel green eyes had turned a venomous color. And that was exactly how he had looked when he attacked Parker. 

Mikey debated in his head whether or not he should go try to talk to Gerard. In the end he found himself padding across the hall to his brother's bedroom. He tentatively knocked on the door. 

"Come in...?" Gerard's response sounded more like a question than an answer. 

Mikey pushed the door opened and slowly walked in. Gerard was on his bed drawing something in his sketchbook. 

"Hi Mikey." Gerard gave him a small smile.  

Mikey weakly smiled back and sat down by his brother. "Whatcha drawing?"

"Eh, just random stuff, I guess." Gerard shrugged. 

"So, um, what happened at dinner?" Nice job. Go straight to it and make him uncomfortable. Great.

"What do you mean?"

"You know, when you uh, umm..." Mikey fell silent at Gerard's confused expression. "Don't you remember?"

"Remember what?" The look on Gerard's face changed to worry. 

"I-you seriously don't remember?" Mikey exclaimed. 

"Mikey, what are you talking about?"

Mikey could tell with just one look at his eyes that Gerard was being completely honest. What the fuck is going on here? Mikey thought to himself. How the hell can he seriously not remember throwing his chair at the wall and nearly impaling me with his fork? Wait a minute...

"Wait, forget about what I just said. Gee, do you remember what happened after school on Thursday?"

Gerard raised his eyebrow. "Mikey, what does this have to do with anything? I-"

"Gerard, please, just answer my question."

"Weeell...I went to the back of the school where we usually meet and then we just walked home together, like usual. Now can you tell me why you're asking me these weird questions?"

Mikey felt sick. "Um, no reason. I was just uh, I just wanted to see things from your point of view, I guess...?" What the fuck was that supposed to mean? Mikey did a mental facepalm. "You know what, Gee? Never mind. I think I'm just kinda out of it right now. Don't worry about it. It's nothing." He got up shakily and headed for the door. 

"um, Mikey?"

He turned around. 

"The past few days, I um...well, I kinda felt like you were ignoring me. D-did I do something wrong? Are you mad at me for something?"

Shit. "I, um, I dunno... I guess I was just sorta sad, homesick, you know? I-I mean it's not your fault or anything. You didn't do anything wrong..." Very convincing.

"Oh. Um, ok. Well, goodnight."

"Goodnight..."

Mikey returned to his room and closed the door. 

"This can't be good..." he muttered to himself. He had been thinking that it might not have been too big of a deal that Gerard didn't remember having a breakdown a few hours ago. But after talking to him, he had realized that Gerard didn't even remember anything about beating up Parker after school on Thursday. He turned the light off and got into bed, taking his glasses off. As he lay under the covers he thought about what might be happening. It definitely was not normal to have more than one random and violent outburst and not remember any of it. The last thing he asked himself before falling asleep was Is my brother going insane?



Was that ok? I feel like my chapters are kind of on the short side but I don't want to put in a bunch of random boring things just to make it longer. Anyway, please R/R and tell me what you think.
Sign up to rate and review this story