Categories > Original > Romance > Dreaming of Revelry

Reality Check Part One

by EmmaFollowill 1 review

Jared doesn't realise how fast time has been escaping him, until he finds out what's coming up soon...

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2011-06-30 - Updated: 2011-07-04 - 667 words

0Unrated
Chapter Two – Jared’s Point Of View

‘Hurry up!’ Caleb yelled through the bathroom door. ‘For fuck’s sake, Jared!’
‘I’m coming!’ I replied, checking my hair in the mirror one more time.

I came out of the bathroom to see Caleb pacing around the room with his arms crossed, looking incredibly impatient.

’What?’ I asked sarcastically.
’You know exactly what!’ He replied angrily. ‘We’re about to miss the fucking plane because all you care about is your hair!’
’Alright! Alright!’ I replied quickly. He was in a bad mood this morning. It was better to just apologise. ‘I’m sorry.’

He muttered something to himself before leaving the room. I sighed, grabbing my bags before following him out.

’Nathan and Matthew are already in Nashville.’ He said angrily, grabbing his stuff. ‘We don’t want them playing a show by themselves now, do we?’

I could barely hide my smile at the thought of that. It would be a very interesting show to go to, but they could probably pull it off.
I followed Caleb out of the house to the cab, dragging my bags behind me. We loaded our stuff In the boot and got in.

’JFK Airport, please.’ Caleb said to the driver, trying to hide the anger in his voice.
’Sure thing.’ The driver replied, smiling.

The trip never seemed to end, with the tension between me and Caleb. It didn’t help that he was glaring at me every so often. The silence was broken by the cab drivers voice.

’So where are you guys off to?’ he asked politely.
’Nashville.’ I smiled, just hearing the word made me happy. ‘Our hometown.’
’I thought your accents were a bit Southern.’ He replied. ‘Doing anything in particular down there, or just, going home?’
I hesitated. I wasn’t sure whether to say who we were, or to lie to him. Luckily, Caleb answered for me.
’We’re just going home.’ He said, smiling.
’Well, you have fun with that.’ The driver replied, stopping outside the airport. ‘That’ll be $29.80, thanks.’
’I’ll pay.’ I said, glancing at Caleb.

I handed him a 50 dollar note, and he began fumbling with the change, calculating in his head. I discreetly rolled my eyes.

’Just keep the change.’ I said hastily. We didn’t have time to waste.
’Are you sure?’ he asked.
’Yeah, definitely.’ I smiled, getting out and grabbing my stuff from the boot.
’Thanks, man.’ Caleb said as he shut the door and grabbed his stuff too.


We started running towards the airport, almost dropping our bags. We’d done this so many times before, you’d think we’d be used to it, but no, we were still panicking like people who’d never caught a plane before.

’If we miss this plane, Jared…’ Caleb said, puffing from running. ‘I will kill you, seriously.’
’I know.’ I laughed. ‘I’ll buy us some drinks when we get to Nashville to make up for it, okay?’
Caleb smiled at me. I knew he couldn’t resist a good old drink at one of our favourite bars back home.

We walked through the airport so fast we might as well have been running. Luckily we knew our way around really well, and before we knew it, we were boarding the plane, just in time. Finally we reached our spots.

’Ahh.’ Caleb said, resting his head back on the seat. ‘Thank God we made it.’
’Yeah.’ I laughed. ‘That was a close one.’

I slumped down in the seat, trying to get comfortable before the plane took off. It was only a short flight, but I wasn’t one to sit still. I got bored really easily. Thank god they had Wi-Fi on planes these days.

I decided to go on Twitter. That was always entertaining. I checked my replies, and as usual, there were hundreds. I felt bad that I couldn’t reply to all of them, but it would take so long.

...
Sign up to rate and review this story