Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Our Time Is Running Out

Creature

by AlexandraSweden 1 review

"Has anyone ever told you that you're a weird creature, Gerard?"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2011-07-06 - Updated: 2011-07-06 - 776 words - Complete

0Unrated
Gerard inhaled Frank's scent of confusion and sweat. He didn't know what to do with the boy. They rocked from side to side like a cradle. That's what you do to calm someone down, hush and cradle.
"You're quiet," Frank stated with his softest voice. Gerard playfully blew cold air into Frank's ear.
"I'm thinking," he said as an explanation. And he was indeed thinking.

He thought about life and death, like he had done so many times before. Not getting his mind straight this time either.
If God wanted to make all people disappear, why not just wipe them out with a big tidal wave? He had done it before with Noah and the ark. Maybe God didn't want to do same trick twice.
Such a showoff.

Gerard huffed at his own thoughts.

Then again, if what Gerard thought was right it meant that meant God was going to save at least two humans, man and woman, to repopulate the earth again. Maybe that was his divine plan.
Or God had just grown fucking tired of us humans and wanted to flush us down the toilet.

"Care to share?" Frank asked, letting the weight of his head be put on Gerard's shoulder. Gerard only shook his head. Sections of his long and greasy dark hair hung in front of his face.
"Not now," he said and placed a kiss on top of Frank's head.

It was comfortable to sit like that, holding each other and simply being in the moment. Gerard let his thumb caress Frank's back as he sunk into his own thoughts again.

What would Frank do when Gerard had passed away? Would Frank miss him? He would most likely stay in the apartment. Probably get laid with a few girls too. If Gerard knew Frank right, the short boy would get himself into loads of trouble too.
A small sigh tore Gerard away from the thoughts.

"We should go and grill that fish now," Frank suggested. They had bought a fresh fish from the store because Frank had gotten the smart idea of letting it cook over a fire.
Since the apartment didn't have electricity that was the only way to get something heated up. Conveniently enough there were big fires lit practically everywhere.
You didn't have to go more than a mile from one fire to see the next.

Gerard raised his thick eyebrows. "Now? We just had breakfast," he said, referring to the bread and butter they had ate.

"I'm a guy. I'm always hungry! We don't have to eat it all now either. Why not save some of the fish for later?" Frank rambled, stumbling over his words like an excited child. Guess he really wants to broil the damn fish, Gerard thought.

"Fuck. Why not?" Gerard said, giving in to the wish of his little protégé. Frank placed a feather-light kiss on Gerard's cheek.
Gerard liked that. It was sweet. But for how long would that sweetness last? Frank hadn't really proved that he was the most emotionally stable person on the planet.
He knew that they would have to have a deeper conversation about their feelings and where they wanted it to go, but decided to save that for later. They would have loads of time to talk after they had gotten the raw fish eatable.

Gerard stood up on his feet and lend Frank a hand so that he also could stand up. They then exited the apartment, Frank with the fish in his hand. Like the previous time the boys had gone outside together, they got weird stares.
Two boys one fish. Not exactly the vision you would expect to see come walking down the streets.

Frank and Gerard hurried to get to the fire.
"Do you have a stick or something to pierce the fish with?" Frank asked, looking around the surroundings for something that would work as good as a stick. Gerard found a thin iron pipe which was sharper at one end.
"Here!" he said and waved it before Frank's face.

The shorter man snatched the iron pipe out of Gerard's hand and simply staked the fish with it. Gerard winced and turned away. It looked like it hurt.
"Calm down. The fish is dead," Frank said snottily. Gerard nodded but still refused to look at the fish.

Frank shook his head and let the fish on the iron pipe be cooked next to the fire. "Has anyone ever told you that you're a weird creature, Gerard? You didn't even wince while taking care of my wound and still you act like a baby when a dead fish gets staked."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sign up to rate and review this story