Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Go Ahead and Burn it Down.

Shining On

by XxLiveyourlifExX 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-07-06 - Updated: 2011-07-07 - 2397 words - Complete

0Unrated
Shining On

When they pulled to a stop in front, Chris said, “I can’t go in there, Trick.”

“Ok,” Patrick said, watching as Sara and Becca came out and walk towards the car. Patrick got out of the car and went to them. “She says she can’t go in.”

Sara nodded, “We thought that might be the case.” She opened Chris’ door. “Hey sweetheart, what do you say we surprise the rest of the boys before the show instead of after? See, little miss Becca over here can’t contain her excitement of seeing Andy.”

“Ya. Ok,” Chris answered, inwardly grateful that someone else made the decision for her.

“Do you need anything from your bags?” Becca asked. “We’ve got your t-shirt.”

Chris looked down at her skinny jeans and plaid converses. “Nope. I’ve got everything I need.”

“Good,” Patrick said, “Because I’ve got to be there in like twenty minutes.”

“Let’s go then,” Sara said, opening the back door and sliding in. Becca followed her. Patrick drove them to the venue. While they drove, Chris changed her shirt to match Becca and Sara’s. They had been making t-shirts since they first moved in together. When there was a theme party and they had no idea what to wear, they made a t-shirt. Sports team was doing awesome, they made a t-shirt. They had a ridiculous amount of fabric painted shirts. This occasion was no different. Chris’ shirt had ‘Homecoming?’ written on the front and on the back it said ‘Only the best surprise ever.’ Becca and Sara’s had ‘Surprise!’ written on the front and ‘We’re here.’ written on the back. When they pulled into the venue’s lot, Chris could feel herself getting excited. She was happy that she was giddy and not mournful like she had been earlier. She was looking forward to see Pete.

They piled out of the car. The girls clasped hands as they followed Patrick into the venue. The rest of the boys were already on stage. They caught sight of Patrick first.

“Is everything ok, Pat?” Andy asked. “You’re never late.”

“Ya. I just had a couple of things to pick up.” Patrick continued to walk toward the stage.

The girls stepped out onto the floor. Chris said, “Oh, hey.”

The sounds of instruments being hastily put aside met Chris’ greeting. Before she knew it, Chris was being picked up by Peter and twirled around. “You’re here!”

“Surprise,” Chris said smiling down at him.

He pulled her down to him and kissed her, then he put his forehead to hers. “I missed you.”

“I missed you, too.”

“Ahem.” Patrick’s voice rang out from the venue’s sound system. Everyone turned to look at him. With a grin on his face he said, “Don’t we have rehearsal or something.”

Chris was the first to laugh. She told Pete, “He’s right, you know. Go play with your toys.”

“I take offense to that,” he replied indignantly.

She kissed him lightly. “We came to see you play. So go do that. We’ll be here after.”

He reluctantly put her down and after hugging Becca and Sara he made his way back to the stage.
Chris also hugged Andy and Joe before they joined Patrick on stage. The boys did the necessary soundchecks. Chris said hello to Ryan when he came out on the floor, then she perched herself on the low wall in the back of the room where she had spent many a show, and heckled the boys on stage.

Near the end of the check, a shrill voice exclaimed, “CHRIS!”

Chris smiled and turned toward the voice to see Stacy hurtling towards her from the stage doors.
They collided in the middle of the rooms. Stacy went and hugged Becca and Stacy too and then they all sat on the wall catching up. They didn’t even notice when the boys left the stage and the opening band started their soundcheck.

“I see we’re important,” Pete said, coming up to them with the rest of the boys.

“We mostly came to see Stacy,” Becca replied matter of factly.

“Oh. I see how it is.”

“Glad you’re so astute,” Chris replied grinning up at him.

“They tell me I’m pretty smart,” Pete said haughtily.

“No one tells you that, dipshit,” Joe interjected.

Everyone laughed except Pete who tried to look hurt, but didn’t succeed. He joined in the laughter. Then he said, “Let’s go to the green room before they start sending people in.”

“Only if Ryan promises to save my wall,” Chris said, getting up to look for him. She found him and he promised it would be waiting for her when she came back out. In the green room they all sat around catching up until it was time for the show to start. Regardless of the boys’ protests, the girls went out into the venue to watch the opening band from their spot on the wall.

The first band finished and the crowd milled waiting for Fall Out Boy to go on. Chris was watching the stage like a hawk and was the first to catch sight of the boys coming onstage. She stood on the wall and started to cheer like a crazy person. Stacy soon joined her standing.

Becca and Sara were cheering along, but didn’t stand; they were looking at Stacy and Chris like there were just a little bit insane.

All the boys were grinning as they took their places. Pete said into the microphone, “Hey, Chicago, we’re Fall Out Boy and we’re so happy to be home.”

The crowd roared and the set started. Becca and Sara were singing along and dancing on the floor while Stacy and Chris stayed on their perch. Chris was alternating between singing along, shouting to the boys in between songs, and just standing and watching, being happy to be there.

Near the end of the set, the boys paused and Patrick spoke to the crowd. “So, Chicago, not only did we come home today, but one of our friends did too. Someone who we think some of you will recognize. We’d like to welcome home one of our very best friends who has been living in Austin for the past three years. She’s back there with Stacy in their usual place on the wall. Welcome home Chris!”

The boys started Grenade Jumper while more than a few faces turned towards the back of the room. Becca and Sara were surprised as people began to move toward them. Girls were squealing and guys were shouting greetings at Chris. She hopped down off the wall and hugged the people now surrounding her. When the song was over and the boys left the stage. Most of the crowd left, but the group around Chris remained. Stacy told Becca and Sara they could go backstage with the boys if they wanted; that she would stay with Chris.

Becca and Sara did just that. After hugging the boys and congratulating them on a good show,
Becca asked, “Who were all those people?”

“The regulars,” Andy said, putting an arm around her waist and pulling Becca to his side.

“Chris used to be a fixture at clubs in Chicago. I think she knew more people around here than Pete does,” Patrick said laughing.

“Everyone knows her,” Joe continued. “They’ll be excited that she’s back.”

The girls nodded in understanding. They all stood around and talked for a while talking about what they wanted to do with their time in Chicago. Soon, Chris and Stacy returned. Chris hugged all the boys and was gushing about their performance. Then they decided to go to 24 for food.
Chris rode with Pete. They were driving through downtown Chicago, Pete holding her hand, and he asked, “When did you get here?”

“Like at three.”

“Did Patrick pick you guys up at the airport?”

“No, mom did.”

“So you’ve already been home?” Pete asked, impressed.

“Well…kind of…” Tears were quickly gathering in her eyes. He squeezed her hand. She took a deep breath and continued, “We made it to the house…but I couldn’t get out of the car…”

“Oh babe,” Pete said softly. “Why didn’t you call me?”

“I didn’t want to ruin the surprise. That’s why we told Patrick we were coming in the first place. I honestly didn’t think I’d make into the car. Trick came and got me from the house and took me to 24.”

“Good.” He picked up her hand and kissed it. “But now you being here isn’t a surprise, so you can call me right?”

“Absolutely.” She was grinning again.

They pulled into 24 hour and got out of the car. Soon everyone else joined them and they went into sit at their table. Bunny served them and provided Sara and Becca with stories of the shenanigans Chris and the boys used to get into. After they finished eating they drove to Chris’ house. Everyone was waiting by Patrick, Stacy, and Joe’s car pretending not to be avidly watching to see if Chris would get out of Pete’s car.

Chris had been talking excitedly when she and Pete got into the car at 24. But as they got closer to the house, again, Chris grew silent. By the time they pulled into her driveway, she was staring at the floor of Pete’s car, her knees drawn up to her chest. Pete turned off the car and they sat in silence for a few minutes.

“You wanna go in?” He asked gently. She shook her head no. Pete ran his hand up and down on her arm in comfort and said, “Ok.”

They sat there for another few minutes before Patrick peered into the car with a questioning look. Pete just shrugged and shook his head at him. Patrick nodded and went back to the group. They all went inside.

Another thirty minutes passed. Chris hadn’t moved and Pete saw people peeking out of the front curtains every few minutes. “Hey Chris. Do you think you’re gonna go in tonight?”

She looked up at him with tears in her eyes. She choked out, “I’m sorry,” before she started crying.

Pete did his best to gather her in his arms over the console in between them. “Christina. It’s ok. I was just asking because if you don’t think you can go in there, it’s fine. I can take you back to my apartment. You can stay there until you can come home if you want.” Chris sobs subsided and Pete asked, “You wanna go?”

She nodded into his shoulder. He kissed the top of her head and pulled away. He started his car and drove back to the city. Within minutes of them leaving the house, Pete’s phone rang. He let go of Chris’ hand to answer the phone.

“Hey, man.”

“Hey, Pete. What’s going on?”

“Chris is gonna stay with me tonight. Tell the others?”

“Sure. Tell her we all love her.”

“I will. See ya later Pat.”

“Bye.”

“Are they mad at me?” Chris asked, her voice sounding tearful again.

“Of course not,” he said, taking her hand again. “They’re just worried. They say they love you.”

She nodded. They were quiet the rest of the ride. Pete parked underneath a building and he and Chris made their way to an elevator. He pushed the button and then twined his arm around Chris’ waist and pulled her toward him. He leaned down and kissed her temple as the elevator went up. He said smiling, “I see you got your cast off.”

A small smile appeared on her face. “Yup. A couple of days ago.”

“And it’s all better?”

She nodded leaning into him. The elevator slowed to a stop and Pete punched in a code and the doors slid open. As they stepped into the apartment, Chris said, “Nice digs.”

“Almost as nice as yours,” he said as Chris freed herself from his grasp and walked toward the floor to ceiling windows that looked out onto the city.

She turned to him grinning. “Definitely better than the attic at your mom’s house.”

“Thought I would upgrade. You know, being rich and famous now.”

He walked over to her. She twined her arms around his neck and kissed him. Then she buried her face in his chest and mumbled, “Thanks for tonight.”

“No problem,” he said, resting his chin on the top of her head. “I’m exhausted though. Do you mind if we go to bed?” She shook her head and Pete led her by the hand to his bedroom.

“I didn’t think to get pajamas,” Chris said when they walked into his room.

“Surprisingly, I have more than one pair of clothes,” he replied, smirking. “You can borrow something if you want.”

After finding something to wear, Chris went to change and brush her teeth using and extra toothbrush Pete had. She reappeared in a pair of his boxers and a t-shirt and asked with a smile, “So why do you have an extra toothbrush?”

“For all my one night stands I bring home,” he responded, straight faced.

“Oh. Ok then,” She replied, sitting on his bed.

“I think my mom bought it when I first moved in,” he said walking into the bathroom. He returned in a few minutes to find Chris already in his bed, flipping through television channels. He stood in the doorway smiling. “Hey you.”

“Huh?” She said looking over at him.

“I love you.”

Her face broke out into a grin, “I love you, too.”

Pete got into bed and held open his arms. She slid into his embrace, her head coming to rest in its favorite spot on his chest. “I glad you came up early.”

“Me too. I missed going to shows. I missed Chicago.”

“Chicago missed you.”

She sighed happily and said, “Night, Pete.”

“Night, Chris.”

A/N: I know, I know, I'm sooooorrrry. I've had my charger for a while then it was a beautiful beach day then I worked three 12-hr days in a row...but I've got ya now =) Enjoy! ((and review!))
Sign up to rate and review this story