Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Fox & Kit

Brief Awakening

by Maleficus-lupus 0 reviews

After being summoned then sealed within a human child, Kyuubi no Kitsune is waking up.Naruto is being plagues with dreams where he is a demon and Kyuubi is watching brief intervals of Naruto's life...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-06-01 - Updated: 2006-06-01 - 1206 words

0Unrated
Fox & Kit: Chapter 2 Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto-sama!


Hi! I've finally updated I hope you like it! Please read the following note:


This next chapter or two is going to have many parts that are blatantly copied directly from manga, just to warn everyone.




Fox & Kit: Chapter 2
By: Maleficus-lupus
"Brief Awakening"

Kyuubi's POV:
My thoughts are sluggish, what has happened? A gleam of light, a glimpse of two men, one brown haired the other white. The brown haired man shouts "You fail!' A feeling of despair not my own and darkness envelopes my mind once more.




Consciousness returns. I hear voices; a man is speaking: "Iruka-sensei is a really serious guy... His parents died when he was young. So everything he's accomplished he did by himself, with a lot of hard work and discipline." A young man's voice, soothing, gentle, comforting.


A boy's voice now. "So? What's that got to do with me?" A querulous voice, very depressed. The voice of a boy who has not yet reached puberty.


Man: "So you remind him of himself. He thinks he's helping you to grow strong. Try to give the guy a break... Can't you understand where he's coming from? One orphan to another?" Comforting, cajoling.


Boy: "... But... I really wanted to graduate." Despair.


Man: "Then... I guess there's no choice."


Boy: "Hunh?"


Man: "Let me tell you a secret that I've been keeping a long time." A friendly, confiding tone; that of someone telling a close friend a secret. I am suspicious, why is he helping the boy? I am loosing consciousness once more; I cannot hear what the man is saying... there is only darkness.




3rd person POV:
/#Fwoosh# /A blond haired boy unfurls a giant scroll in the middle of a forest and starts reading, talking to himself. "Okay, lets see. The first technique in the scroll is: Kage Bunshin... Man! My least favourite art, and suddenly it's turning up every where!"




Flash
A white haired man, face twisted by rage, spinning a giant shuriken, screaming "No one could bear an abomination like you!"




Flash
A man, brown hair bound back in a ponytail, badly wounded, crying. "I know that, Naruto," he sobbed out, "I was so hard on you, yelling, scolding... it must have hurt... Forgive me. If I'd been a better teacher... a better self... maybe neither of us would have come to this."


Flash
"Maybe I do hate the demon fox... but not Naruto." I feel shock and a seed of hope but it is not my own... what has happened? My thoughts are slow; I cannot remember what has happened. "For him I have nothing but respect. He's an excellent student... he works with all his might... but sometimes, even so, he's awkward, clumsy... a screw-up... people have mocked and shunned him... and it's given him empathy. He knows what it is to be in pain. That boy is no longer your demon fox! He is... a citizen of Konohagakure village..." a tear falls, and I feel something building... something is going to happen. "... Uzumaki Naruto!"


An image appears: I see a white haired man with a giant shuriken strapped to his back, glaring at a badly wounded brown haired man (Iruka-sensei! How do I know that? What is happening?) The white haired man (the name Mizuki creeps into my mind) reaches back with one hand to unstrap the shuriken, speaking in the mean while: "Awww! That's so sweet! Just hearing you say so makes me feel all warm and fuzzy," Mizuki shouted. Iruka try's to move but is too badly injured and sits there, panting, staring at Mizuki as he continues speaking. "Well Iruka... I had planned to save you for last... but sometimes things just don't work out... so..." Mizuki gets into a throwing position and begins twirling the shuriken, shouting, "Say goodbye!"


Lights flash and time seems to slow. My memories flood back I remember who I am and how I became trapped. I remember that I am Kyuubi no Kitsune! Greater demon lord! Suddenly, as I remember this more memories flood into my mind, none of which are my own. Memories of Iruka-sensei treating us to ramen and complaining when we ate ten bowls, Memories of him tutoring us in the art of throwing shuriken and kunai, Memories of him comforting us after being bullied, and so many more of him helping us.


The memories cause my chakra to flare; a small amount of it slipped through the bars of my prison, flooding the boys chakra system.


3rd person POV:


Naruto feels the Kyuubi's power but is concentrating to hard to care. He had to save Iruka-sensei! He lands a solid blow on Mizuki, sending him flying. Standing up from the position he landed in, Naruto shouts: "Keep away from Iruka-sensei... or I'll kill you!" Completely confident, Mizuki shouts back: "Loudmouth brat!! I can kill you with one blow!" Forming his hands into a strange seal, Naruto replies; "Bring it on you big dick! Anything you throw at me I'm gonna make you eat!" Face twisting with rage Mizuki shrieks: "You're welcome to try little fox!" With a giant explosion of smoke and a cry of "Kage Bunshin!" Hundreds of Narutos appear, covering the ground like leaves in autumn. "What's the matter tough guy? Come and get me!" The Narutos shout. "You're going to kill me with one punch right? Come on!" Smirking the Naruto raise their fists, shouting: "So... if you won't I will!"


>Insert gratuitous violence here<


All the Bunshins disappear; leaving Naruto standing over Mizuki's beaten body, one hand sheepishly held behind is head. "Heh... I guess I got carried away," he says, blushing. Smiling Iruka manages to sit up, speaking to Naruto as he does. "Naruto, come here. I've got a present for you." As Iruka says this, the scene begins to fade away. The last thing you hear before it totally disappears is Iruka saying: "Congratulations... Graduate"






I'm in need of a beta reader, as my old one has sustained a bad injury and is drugged to the eyeballs. I've got someone to help me with punctuation and spelling but they are not fans of the series and are very busy so I don't like to ask for their help very much. If anyone's interested in becoming my beta reader please apply, and if you don't want to be my beta please review and point out any spelling errors.




Author's Notes.
Unfortunately I couldn't think of any way to illustrate Naruto beating up Mizuki... Anyway in the manga they didn't show Naruto beating him up, all they showed was a panel with a lot of sound effects.


I'd like to thank all those reviewers who reviewed my fic asking me to continue it, probably the only reason I made any effort was because of you. I'm sorry I kept you all waiting. I've got an idea for my next chapter but it might be a while, it's my birthday this month and since it's Christmas next month I won't have much free time, but I promise that I'll make an effort as long as people keep reviewing. Please read my beginning notes at the start of the chapter if you haven't already.
Sign up to rate and review this story