Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Fox & Kit

Realisations

by Maleficus-lupus 0 reviews

After being summoned then sealed within a human child, Kyuubi no Kitsune is waking up.Naruto is being plagues with dreams where he is a demon and Kyuubi is watching brief intervals of Naruto's life...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-06-01 - Updated: 2006-06-01 - 1862 words

0Unrated
Fox & Kit Chapter 3
By: Maleficus-lupus
"Realisations"


Naruto's POV:


I'm sitting in an interview with the Hokage, nattering on about my yearbook photo. As my mouth spouts idiocies to the Hokage my thoughts wander. 'I don't see what's wrong with it, it's not as if anyone will care what my photo looks like, and any shinobi from an enemy village who looks at it will just think I'm an idiot. Surely the old man can see that right? Out of all the people in this village, surely the old man can see through my act, right?'


I'm distracted from my thoughts and my mouth's idiotic nattering, by the door creaking open and a kid in a too long scarf jumping into the room shouting, "On guard, ol' man! Right?!" A shinobi in dark glasses bursts in just as the kid trips over his own feet. I watch completely speechless, as the kid sits up shouting: "I get it! It's a trap right?!!?" The shinobi pushes up his glasses, worriedly as he asks the boy: "A-are you all right, honoured grandson?! And, for the record, there are no traps here!"


I can't take it anymore and just had to ask, "What's going on? Who is this kid?" As the kid indignantly shouts "Kid?" I notice that the man's eyes, just visible over his glasses, fill with hate as he sees me. The man's hate doesn't distract me from the kid though. After all, I'm used to it.


"Aha, so you tripped me! It was you right?" I can't believe the gall of this kid, accusing me of tripping him!


I grabbed him by the collar and pulled him up to my face and yelled at him, "You fell over your own feet!"


After yelling at him, the shinobi in the black glasses yelled at me to put him down saying, "Unhand him, Naruto! That boy happens to be the son of our revered lord, the Sandaime Hokage!"

I stare at the Hokage, then at the kid; when I looked at him, the kid glared back at me and dared me to, "Take your best shot!"


I do, hitting him on the head, and shouting at him, "Like I care, stupid!"


Sneering at the shinobi and the kid, I walk up to the desk that Hokage is sitting at, and asked, "You need me for anything else Ojiisan?"


Taking a puff of his pipe, the Hokage sighed. "No Naruto, we don't have anything to discuss right now. You may go."


Giving the Hokage a wave, and a "See ya." I walk out the door, ignoring the kid and shinobi's indignant spluttering; I turn my mind back to the fight with Mizuki and the surge of power I felt when it happened.


'What was that power?' I wonder. 'Could it have been... the Kyuubi?' I turn this thought over in my head, weighing of this.


'I don't see what else it could be,' I realise, 'I have a lot of chakra stamina, but I used most of it while training with Kage Bunshin, I couldn't have had enough left to make all those copies.'


As I ponder this fact I become consciously aware that I have been followed and this had been going on since I left the interview.


After several city block I can't stand it anymore! Whirling around to face the person following me, I shout at him (and I'm not surprised to see it's the silly grandson of the Hokage) "Quit following me, stupid. I can see you right there!" I cannot believe this kid! Not only does he follow me, he has the gall to do it and be bad at it!


Smiling the kid says, "So you managed to penetrate my disguise!! Right?!! The rumours of your prowess don't lie! Teach me your skills. I'll become your disciple." I'm stunned, "Hunh?" The kid gets into a pleading position and continues, "You've gotta teach me that 'Ninja Centrefold' illusion you used on my grandpa. Okay Chief?!


I blink repeatedly, shocked. "Ch-chief?!" I am completely dumbfounded; someone wants to learn from me? And my Ninja Centrefold at that! Still... a smirk forms on my face; the expression on Ojiisan's face will be priceless.


I grin at the kid and nod, "Okay kid," I say, "follow me." Turning toward a small clearing I know that will be just perfect for this, and wave a hand at the kid to follow.
================================================================================================





After an hour of teaching the kid the Ninja Centrefold, and him finally grasping the correct way it should be used, I decide that it is time to take a brake.


Once I buy drinks for both of us from a nearby vending I ask the kid, "By the way..." I pause to take a drink, "What's your beef with the old man?"


Once I ask this, the kid gets a depressed look on his face, and after a few moments he speaks, "...My name - Konohamaru... my grandfather named me. Like the village, right? He thought it would bring me luck... but even though everyone knows that's what I'm called... no one ever calls me that!" I begin to understand and am saddened by it; I take a sip of my drink as he goes on. "It's always just 'honoured grandson' no one ever sees me for who I am... just whom I'm related to. And I hate it! But it'll be different when I become Lord Hokage, and that's going to be real soon!"


After he say's this, a silence develops, until an idea forms in my head on how to encourage Konohamaru to work harder on his dream.


"No way! Who'd respect a Hokage like you?" As I say this Konohamaru's eyes snap open, I continue speaking.


"It's to big a name for such a little guy!" Konohamaru jumps of the log we're sitting and shouts at me, I continue talking. "You idiot! It won't be easy to win the Hokage name! You don't get it just because you want it, you have to wait your turn..." Konohamaru snarls at me, " And then?!"


I finally turn my head to him and grin confidently, my slightly sharper than normal canines showing and tell him, a mere statement of fact.


"And then take the name away... from me."

=========================================================================================================





Two minutes later neither of us has spoken, I can tell that Konohamaru was thinking hard and I was enjoying the silence when we heard a voice, "There you are!" turning around and looking up, we saw the shinobi in sunglasses standing on a branch.


When he sees me, the shinobi's eyes fill with hate and disgust. 'That look! That same ugly look from yet another person! There's always someone.' I think with disdain.


As the man jumps down and starts speaking to Konohamaru, I step away from them, becoming an observer. This does not concern me right now; I have to give Konohamaru a chance before I interfere.


"And now honoured grandson, it's time to return home" I listen to the man as he speaks in a condescending tone and Konohamaru shouts at the shinobi, ""No way Ebisu! Not yet! First I have to kick Ojīsan's butt and become the next lord Hokage!"

Ebisu begins walking towards Konohamaru still talking, "The revered lord Hokage knows and understands the eight principles that are the cornerstone of the knowledge of the shinobi: virtue, justice, ceremony, wisdom, loyalty, faithfulness, prudence, and filial piety!" As Ebisu says this Konohamaru begins the seals for the Ninja Centrefold, "He is master of over one thousand illusions, and, eh?"


Konohamaru shouts and transforms into a beautiful naked blond, "Take that! Ninja Centrefold!" Ebisu is shocked but still standing, "Why didn't it work?" Konohamaru shouts as he transforms back to normal.


Ebisu grabs Konohamaru by his scarf and starts pulling him away, despite his struggles, scolding him as he did so. "Honoured Grandson! If you lower yourself to consort with creatures of this sort you will descend to his level! Only by following my teachings will you ever merit the name of Hokage! Now, lets go home!"


Finally I've had enough and step in front of Ebisu and stop him leaving, "This creature..." I drawl, "will be defeating you with his newest, untested, technique." I perform the Kage Bunshin and surround Ebisu, who scoffs, "Hah! Child's play! No match for a superior teacher like myself! It would only fool a weak minded idiot like Mizuki!"


As Ebisu is finishing his little speech, I form the final seal of my technique, 'rat!' My Bunshins and I transform in 50 blond big-breasted women dressed in too small school uniforms. Ebisu stares dumbfounded for a moment, then his nose explodes with blood sending him flying and knocking him out.


Snickering I cancel my techniques, saying proudly, "I call this Genjutsu, Fantasy Harem no Jutsu! All my clones perform the Ninja Centrefold and a genjutsu to make the target see them in his ultimate fantasy outfit!"


Once I had finished, Konohamaru yelled angrily, "Blast it! I failed to beat Professor Four-eyes again! All I want is a name everyone will respect! And I want it now!"


Rolling my eyes I smack Konohamaru over the head and retort, "You think wanting it is all it takes? Dream on! You're talking about the name Hokage! That's the greatest shinobi in town, the one everyone respects!"


Smiling slightly and looking up at the sky, I remember Iruka-sensei and all he's done for me as I continue speaking. "My whole life, it's been one rotten thing after another! I even doubted myself. Only one person treats me with any kind of respect. And even he... was almost impossible to win over!"


I lower my head and turn my eyes toward Konohamaru and challenge him, "Are you ready to make a commitment?" Stammering Konohamaru asks, "C-commitment?"


Laughing, I grin at him; saying, "Do you get it? There are no short cuts!"


Konohamaru turns away from me, yelling, "Hah! Where do you get off, lecturing me? You're not so hot! I'm not gonna be your disciple any more! From this day forward... we will be arch-rivals!"


"Ha! " I smile at him and tell him, "It's your tough luck! From now on I'll always be one step ahead of you, one step closer to my destiny as the finest shinobi! But... heck! One day we'll fight over the name Hokage." 'Perhaps, if I don't decide to found my own village,' I think as I say this. "I look forward too it... Konohamaru!"

=========================================================================================

Well, well! Here's another chapter, even though I've only gotten one new review. #Pouts# I know most of its unoriginal, but I'm only working up to the next chapter. The next chapter will take place in the time period where Naruto replaces Sasuke (cannon chapter three)


This is a question that came up, should I make Naruto a puppeteer? Kyuubi is very old after all, and is a friend of Shukaku, who's the demon of the sand. Please review or contact me about what you think about it.


Random fact, Hinata means 'place where the sun is shining' rather apt for the fanfics were Naruto is in a relationship with Hinata eh?
Sign up to rate and review this story