Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Future Is Bulletproof. Or Is It?

Don't Look Back

by HeroIero 1 review

Action packed and tragic.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-07-08 - Updated: 2011-07-08 - 622 words

-1TrainWreck
---Frank's POV---

She's nice, brave, strong, coordinated, friendly, funny and hot. I hate her.
I don't know why. In fact, I should be welcoming her to our group considering her fighting skill. She just... Gets to me.
Maybe it's because it was so easy for her to be accepted by Gerard. I mean, it takes initiation courses and everything to be good enough to become one of us but Gerard just... Let her in.
Anyway, I'm just working myself up now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I take one swift look at Grace. It's been two hours and she's still beaming about her Killjoy name. It's cute. She's only 10 and already fighting to save the world. Brave kid.

"Hey guys, I'm back and I found food!" Ray calls. The word food triggers everyone's interest and by the time he's inside the shadey cave he's attracted quite a crowd.
"ME FIRST! I'M YOUR FRO-BRO!!!" Grace shrieks, excitedly.
"No, me! I've known you longest!" Gerard shouts.
"Why doesn't Ray get the first bit of food? Seeing as he found the stuff..." I say, loudly and clearly.
Somehow I'm heard over the din and Ray walks over to sit beside me.
"Thanks, Frank." He murmurs in my ear.
"No problem." I look at the carrier bag in his hands. Wait... Carrier bag?
"Ray..? Where did you get the food?" I ask, wearily.
"Took the car out to the nearest town outside of Zone 4 and bought fruit, beer, soda and bacon. Should be okay for a few weeks." He replies happily. "There's more in the back of the car." He says in response to my questioning look.
"Uh, great!"
"Here." He passes a handful of cherries and I stare, eyes wide. Fruit. Real fruit. Wow.
I stuff one into my mouth and begin chewing, almost forgetting the stone in the middle of the fantastic food. I splutter and spit out the pip, not hesitating to shove another two in my mouth.
"Frank? Are you eating... cherries!?!" Asks Mikey, gobsmacked.
"Yeah, they're great." I reply, nonchalantly.
Mikey stumbles over to me, holding his hand out expectantly. I place on big, juicy cherry into the palm of his hand. He stares at me, eyes wide.
"Go on..." I say, encouragingly. He lifts the fruit to his mouth and places it onto his tongue and begins to chew tentatively. His eyes widen even more if possible as the fruity liquid is swilled around his mouth. He spits the pip out onto the rock floor and looks at me pleadingly.
Just as I'm about to give him the rest of my handful, Ray pulls out anothher little bag full of them. He fills his hand with them and passes them to Mikey.
"Thanks Jets!" He exclaims. He rarely calls us by our killjoy names. He runs back over to the overs and speaks in hushed tones, pointing toward Ray then to his cherries. Next thing we know there's a queue forming in front of Ray.
I pop another cherry into my mouth and begin to chew. The juice flows once more through my mouth and down my throat. This time I remember to spit out the pip. It bounces of the rock floor and rolls into the middle of the cave. The others take no notice and continue to munch their own handful of fruit.

"Jazz" sat down beside me and began silently chewing her small pile of food.
I look across at her. She says nothing, just nods at me.
Something about the reassuring look in her eyes tell me that she hasn't quite been accepted yet, and she knows it.
Suddenly, everything's okay. I don't care anymore. I slump myself against the wall and close my eyes. Finally, I can sleep peacefully.
Sign up to rate and review this story