Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Save me from myself

Good morning, good morning!

by EverMore 2 reviews

Gerard awakes to a surprise...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-07-08 - Updated: 2011-07-08 - 814 words

1Ambiance



I awoke the next morning to the sound of birds chirping and sun shine leaking through the tiny, rectangular window in my room which was located in the basement. Although the atmosphere was peaceful, I felt like shit. Emotionally and physically. My body ached everywhere and every breath I took was labored. I groaned loudly and tenderly rolled over. I slipped out of the covers and gingerly placed my feet firmly on the floor as I zombie shuffled to the bathroom to get ready. I hopped into the shower and quickly washed myself, making sure to rinse off any dried blood I might have missed the night before. I grabbed a plush, red towel out of the linin closet and firmly wrapped it around my waste. I walked past the mirror and noticed my pale torso bared dark purple bruises all over it. I gapped as I looked down tracing the inflictions with my fingers. I shook my head letting the droplets from my hair soak the walls and headed back out to my room to get dressed in my usual black hoodie, band tee, skinnies, and converse combo. After I was dressed, I grabbed the towel off my bed and did the best I could to dry it, but didn't bother to style or run a brush through the mess I had created.

I yawned as I hobbled up the stairs to the kitchen to find my mom cooking breakfest like usual. I scanned the rest of the room to find that Mikey wasn't sitting at his usual spot at the table though. Puzzled, I walked over to the coffee maker to get my daily dose. I poured myself a cup and sat down at the kitchen table.

"Hey sleepy head," my mom greeted me, "how are you feeling this morning?" She asked, looking into my eyes as she set a plate of eggs and bacon in front of me while gifting me with her warm smile. I took a sip of my coffee and looked up at her with a sparkle in my eyes.

"Better, actually thanks," I smiled and although the swelling in my lip had gone down it still made my grin look awkward, "um, where is Mikey?" I asked while motioning toward the empty seat next to me. Her eyes rested on the empty chair and shifted back on my eyes.

"Oh, you hadn't noticed? It is about 10... He went off to school hours ago," she stated matter-of-factually as she took a sip of her tea. I stared at her disbelievingly for a moment with my mouth hanging open. How could I have over slept??? Why didn't she wake me in time? I was so late!

"W-why didn't you wake me for school?!" I asked, truely confused why she would even concider it.

"You needed the rest, you had a really stressful day yesterday so I let you sleep in. Why are you so upset? Usually you are trying to fake sick or begging to stay home," she said eyeing me carefully over the rim of her mug as she measured my reaction. The truth is I don't really know why I was so upset. I knew the kind of torcher that was in store for me at school. Name calling, tauntings, beatings, getting my stuff destroyed, being ignored, and the list stretches on and on. I froze when I remembered what Frankie had said to me last night. 'See you tomorrow,' his voice echoed in my mind. Oh how I wanted to see him again... Realizing my mom had just asked me a question, I snapped back into reality.

"Uh, I was going to hang out with a friend at school today," I admited. Her eyes lit up when I mentioned the word 'friend'. A huge grin spread across her face.

"Who is your friend?" She beamed in obvious surprise that was laced with pure joy. Her dimples getting so deep and wide that soon enough you could eat a bowl of cerial out of them. I shifted uncomfortably in the hard, wooden chair. I didn't really want to tell her, just in case Frank turned out to be like the other kids and bully me... Although how could a boy that sweet be mean. Evil isn't sugar coated.

"Er... you know that person I bumped into last night? Well, uh, that's him. His name is Frank Iero and he just moved here..." I said timidly, definitely leaving out the part that he is as cute as a button.

"That's wonderful, Gerard!" She almost yelled, still grinning from ear to ear, "Well as soon as you finish your breakfest you can go to school if you're still up to it," she said while simultaneously taking a sip from her mug. I felt my heart skip a beat, I was excited and nervous for what was to come.
Sign up to rate and review this story