Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Save me from myself

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Its Off To School I Go.

by EverMore 2 reviews

Gerard is off to school to once again see his Frankie

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-07-08 - Updated: 2012-08-10 - 1245 words

5Exciting


Fly the ocean in a silver plane
Watch the jungle when it's wet with rain
Just remember till you're home again
You belong to me
You belong to me
You belong to me


The Misfits sang to me, fueling my mind and making me limp quicker to arrive at my destination as fast as possible. I smiled as I mouthed the words as best as I could with a busted lip, but I didn't care. I was going to see Frankie today and that was all that mattered. Even if he couldn't be mine, I could still be friends with him, right? As I limped on, I noticed something shimmering in the grass that had caught my eye. I stopped and picked the object up. It was a guitar pick... a well used one too. I shrugged and deposited it in my pocket while also grabbing a stick. As I walked along the metal cemetary fence I let my stick hit against the bars, making a loud clatering noise until I had gotten to the end. I dropped the stick and continuted on my way, not stopping until I was right outside the school's front doors. I was ready. I had even cleaned up a bit more before I had left. My hair combed, teeth brushed, clothes clean, eyeliner carefully applied and smudged to perfection, I was practically shining!

My mom had already called in so I didn't need to go to the office. I walked right on past, heading to the English wing where my class was located at this hour. It was already half way through the period and next was lunch so there wasn't much stress on me. Plus if things did get bad, I could just fake illness and go home. This was actually quite easy to fake sick at school because I happen to look pale and sickly all the time, at home it is more of a challenge because mom knows me better and has the power to see through my lies.

I find the door that leads to my class, I grab hold the door knob while turning it, take a deep breath and push it open slowly. I poke my head in and peer around the room. I opened the door a bit more and squeezed the rest of my body through. Everyone turned their head to look at me except one red and black haired little boy in the back who happend to be seated in the chair right next to mine. He had his left hand proping his head up as he stared at his desk top glumbly. I go numb and stand there like an idiot gazing at Frank as my teacher repeats my name for mostlikely the 3rd or 4th time by the tone of her voice. Suddenly I come back to earth, realizing Frank had snapped his head up at the mentioning of my name as well. I turn my attention to the teacher and managed to squeak out an interesting sounding 'Huh' which made the class laugh at me, all except for Frank who was grinning at me enthusiasticly, looking as if he was going to bounce right out of his seat from just the sight of me.

"Gerard... Gerard. Gerard! Gerard Way, answer me when I am talking to you!!!" My teacher, Mrs. Marvin, snapped at me. Finally getting me to make eye contact with her when she said my full name. "Why are you so late? You know truancy is not our policy!"

"My mom refused to let me go to school this morning until I had some proper rest, ma'am." I calmly informed her as my eyes slowly drifted away from hers and wondered back over to Frank. She put her hands on her bony hips and scoffed at me, her pircing blue eyes burning into my skin.

"Seems like a weak excuse to me, but for now just go take your seat," she said through clenched teeth as she lifed her hand, which resembled a skeleton's, and pointed toward my seat in the back row. I wasted no time and limped as fast as I could to the back of the room, earning a few odd looks from my classmates as I hobbled past.

I reached my desk and plopped down. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Frank trying to scooch his desk closer to mine inch by inch, biting his lip ring to keep from grinning. This made me have to cup my hand over my mouth to keep myself from giggling, we looked like a couple of gitty school girls. Lucky for us, it was a study hall day. My vulture of a teacher wasn't aloud to start any lessons this period. Unfortunately there is no talking in study hall either, but no one said anything about passing notes.

I smirked at my cleverness as I reached for my backpack to retrieve my notebook and pencil. Frank looked over at me, cocking his head, trying to figure out what I was doing. Once I had found the items, I placed them on my desk and began to write. After I had scribbled my message, I folded up the piece of lined paper and tossed it onto his desk. He wasted no time in picking it up and reading its content.

Hey there Frankie, how are you?

He smirked at the new task at hand and out stretched his plam motioning for me to let him borrow my pencil. I happily placed it in his hand and watched him hunch over his desk while he playfully looked about the room as if he were writing the secrets of the universe that no one else was to see. After he was finished he passed the note and pencil back over to my side. I opened it up to find Frank had surprisingly neat hand writing.

Hey Gee, I'm feeling great now that you're here! I was all worried you wouldn't come today...

I looked at him apologetically and began to write my reply. He was practically breathing down my neck to see what I had to say next so I playfully stuck out my tongue and twisted my body so I was writing on the opposite edge of my desk. I then folded it back up while grinning and handed it over to his already out stretched hands that were impatiently waiting with anicipation.

Yeah, sorry about that. My mom didn't wake me up on time this morning. She said I looked stressed from yesterday and I needed to relax... I feel fine though. Well at least I did before I had to see Starvin' Marvin. I may look like a vampire with my pale skin, but at least I don't look of a mixture between a skeleton and a vulture!

I watched Frankie's face, play by play, as he read my note. At first it there was a small smile. Then it evolved into a huge, lopsided grin. Which then became giggles. Loud, uncontrolled giggles that made everyone look in our direction. Even Mrs. Marvin who was standing over us in a matter of seconds.

"Gerard and Frank, would you mind telling us what is so funny?" She bellowed, as her eyes raked over both of our horrified expression and fixing her cold gaze on the note in Frank's little hands. Frankie and I just looked at each other, petrified with fear.
Sign up to rate and review this story